Off the the auction ths weekend N. Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 11:54 AM
HAMS64
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Off the the auction ths weekend N. Illinois

Guys,
First, I am not affiliated in any way with this auction house!

Second, I am just reaching here and not sure if this is where I should ask, but Investment Quality Auctions is having a public auction this weekend. There are three F100 going up for bid. From whom did them, I can tell you they are most likely been frame off restorations. These guys do good work. SO in saying so, if any of you would like to take a look, I have a link below, I would like to know from all the experience out there, what do you all feel these trucks would go for at an auction like this? I know it is a reach, just wanted to know some thoughts about it. I have never purchased from an auction, however I do know that most of the time the price is driven by whom wants it. So two or three guys bidding, price is higher.
I am going Saturday to see and maybe bid, So again, do these trucks normally go much higher or lower then say, from a private owner? Thoughts?
Consigned Cars, Page 2
Thanks all!
Hammy

Old 07-20-2015, 03:52 PM
HAMS64
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All,
Well I did not receive any info back or pointers before I went to this auction, so was some what disappointing, but maybe most know what goes on, I did not so this is why I asked and I had to go. I have been to Dealers auctions before. I know how they work.
This was by no means a Barrett Jackson auction, just a local auction with a lot of classic cars and trucks. You have to do your homework before hand, have patience and make sure you only have so much to spend for it is very easy to keep bidding to get the one you want. Makes for a long day for sure.

SO in saying that, when the trucks came up to auction, I was not expecting them to go cheap. These trucks were all frame off resto mods and or original frame off resto trucks. However there were not enough buyers around and the buyers there were not interested in these trucks, and as far as that goes, not many of the high end cars as well. SO IF I had went to this auction with purchase in mind, I think I may have been able to purchase a clean truck, however may have paid for it. There is a fine line there.

So in making my way to the bar for a refreshment, i was talking to a guy that has been to lots of these auctions. Basically they bring in the upper end cars / trucks for seed, if you will, a bait to get someone like myself to go and hope like heck you can score a nice ride for a reasonable price. Not so. The first truck F100 '63, clean. not original, they could not get one bid on it before they sent it on its way after attempting to get a first bid of like $15,000, so tells me the reserve must be high, and again in having conversation with this guy, he said, there are not the buyers here for these cars, again only to bring the public in to dream, think, and maybe have enough beers to buy one.? I can say there were some good buys, later model cars that a guy could have fun with and sell down the road and still make a bit of moneys on them. So all in all, I learned something and will most likely go to other auctions in the future.
I have always been a guy that likes to work on my trucks, cars, hands on, but would be nice some time to purchase something you can get in and drive in stead of the boss (wife) asking...When are you going to be done with spending money and DONE..lol.
All good.
Tks,
Hammy