1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Looking for Ford script flatbed

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM
1935BB
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Ford script flatbed

Hello, new member here. Great site. I know your trucks are more modern than mine but I was told and have read you guys are the authority on Ford Script flatbeds. My truck is a 1935 1.5 Ton Model BB. My last step in its restoration sourcing (or building) a 12 foot stake body. My truck has a 157 inch wheelbase (model 51).

I was hoping to get some leads in finding one, preferably in the South east!

Thank you

MG

Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1935BB
Hello, new member here. Great site. I know your trucks are more modern than mine but I was told and have read you guys are the authority on Ford Script flatbeds. My truck is a 1935 1.5 Ton Model BB. My last step in its restoration sourcing (or building) a 12 foot stake body. My truck has a 157 inch wheelbase (model 51).

I was hoping to get some leads in finding one, preferably in the South east!

Thank you

MG
Welcome to FTE, the best darn place for help, information and advice on these old Ford trucks. We do have some very knowledgeable members on the Script beds and I am sure they will be happy to assist you in any way they can. We also like pictures, so please post some of your truck. Although it is not as active as this one, there is also a 1947 and older forum, you might want to touch base there also.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 PM
1935BB
New User
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Welcome to FTE, the best darn place for help, information and advice on these old Ford trucks. We do have some very knowledgeable members on the Script beds and I am sure they will be happy to assist you in any way they can. We also like pictures, so please post some of your truck. Although it is not as active as this one, there is also a 1947 and older forum, you might want to touch base there also.
Oops forgot pics!

Anyone in the market for a tank??

Old 07-01-2015, 08:52 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Florida is a long way from Salt Lake City. Our friend Josh just rescued a 12' script bed. I'll text him after I hit send to have him drop by to comment. I'll be seeing Josh the end of August to pick up an 8' F-3 script bed, and could also haul his 12' back as far as IL if that would help. Stu

Old 07-01-2015, 09:10 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to FTE or at least to the 48to 56 group! that is a beautiful truck you have there.
And yes Stu is absolutely correct that i have a 12' ford script stake bed that i would love to find a new home for.

I am Southeast of Seattle if that counts for anything.
I will see if i can get a picture or two loaded.

Josh

Old 07-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 763 Likes on 373 Posts
That is a beauty of a truck.
What engine do you have in it? We would love pictures of that and the interior.

Hopefully you can find a good 12' flatbed. After seeing another member getting a Ford script flatbed, I would love to have an 8' on my truck. But it would most likely be cost prohibitive for me.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 763 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
Florida is a long way from Salt Lake City. Our friend Josh just rescued a 12' script bed. I'll text him after I hit send to have him drop by to comment. I'll be seeing Josh the end of August to pick up an 8' F-3 script bed, and could also haul his 12' back as far as IL if that would help. Stu
Boy it sure would be nice if that could be worked out. You know the bed would be going to a good home on that truck.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:19 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
A good long way south east of Seattle I'd say. I'll be dropping my trailer off at Josh's in Salt Lake City on our way west to visit our son and his family in Portland. On the return trip I'll pick it up, and besides my bed may help Josh and another member with some wheel delivery. Wouldn't be hard to strap the other bed on too. Stu

Old 07-01-2015, 09:48 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

I think somebody here was looking for a tank a while back. Is that as old as the truck ... kinda looks newer and not really like one for a truck?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:17 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
And since Florida is a very long state, it would help to know what area of FL you are located.
Welcome to this forum. That is one beautiful truck.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:55 PM
1935BB
New User
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Welcome to FTE or at least to the 48to 56 group! that is a beautiful truck you have there.
And yes Stu is absolutely correct that i have a 12' ford script stake bed that i would love to find a new home for.

I am Southeast of Seattle if that counts for anything.
I will see if i can get a picture or two loaded.

Josh

Hi Guys, wow that flatbed is tempting. I would be all over it if it was closer. I have looked at some shipping costs and they are astronomical.

I do have an update. I am looking at a non script 12 footer tomorrow. I found out about it by chance. Right place at the right time. Crazy part is the place is only a few miles from my house!

Stu, that is a great offer and greatly appreciated. If you are ever in Tampa, I owe you a beer. They just opened up a Ford's garage near me.

Ford?s Garage

If I end up with the local flatbed I will post some pics.

Amazing forum!

Thanks

MG

Old 07-02-2015, 09:12 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Great looking place, your Ford's Garage. Almost nice enough that I'd offer to deliver the bed. Except for the fact that my sister-in-law lives in Tampa---and I'd have to sneak in and sneak out of town undetected. Not worth the risk.

BTW, nice Porsches' Garage too. Stu

Old 07-02-2015, 09:15 PM
1935BB
New User
Originally Posted by harleymsn
I think somebody here was looking for a tank a while back. Is that as old as the truck ... kinda looks newer and not really like one for a truck?
Originally Posted by raytasch
And since Florida is a very long state, it would help to know what area of FL you are located.
Welcome to this forum. That is one beautiful truck.

The tank is original and every bit of 1935 technology. Its been a water tanker since day one. I am the 3rd owner. 1st owner was Rutland county fairgrounds in Vermont. It was used to water their racetrack for almost 50 years. Slept in a garage\barn for most of its life. I have all the wood supports, strapping and basically everything needed to put it back on. I removed it about a year ago so all the parts are still here. In the right light you can still read the writing under the paint advertising the race times.

I removed it to recreate a 1935 BB flatbed owned by my Grandfather's business in the 1940's.

I am in Tampa, being in the middle of the state gives me a decent search area. The truck is something special. Owner number 2 had some deep pockets and did a high dollar restoration about 20 years ago. Still 6 volt and pretty much original.

Thanks for the replies!

Old 07-02-2015, 11:58 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 1935BB
The tank is original and every bit of 1935 technology. Its been a water tanker since day one. I am the 3rd owner. 1st owner was Rutland county fairgrounds in Vermont. It was used to water their racetrack for almost 50 years. Slept in a garage\barn for most of its life. I have all the wood supports, strapping and basically everything needed to put it back on. I removed it about a year ago so all the parts are still here. In the right light you can still read the writing under the paint advertising the race times.

I removed it to recreate a 1935 BB flatbed owned by my Grandfather's business in the 1940's.

I am in Tampa, being in the middle of the state gives me a decent search area. The truck is something special. Owner number 2 had some deep pockets and did a high dollar restoration about 20 years ago. Still 6 volt and pretty much original.

Thanks for the replies!
Well from the picture that tank looks remarkable for it's age. Hopefully you find somebody to put it to use.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:13 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome to FTE! I'd love to get that tank, but shipping would kill me, lol.

Quick Reply: Looking for Ford script flatbed