Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

May Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May Chat Thread

Its a new month. The weather on the coast is great. Lets have a great month.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:07 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks Bronco for starting a new thread!!
I am currently stuck in Kuwait and on my way back to Afghanistan after a two week vacation back at home. Celebrated my daughters birthday by taking her to Panama City. We ate too much, drank too much and got very sunburned!! A great time was had by all!!! I did some honey do's around the house and it was great!! I do not mind working in the yard and around the house. The first week I was home it did nothing but rain.

I am now looking for a mustang for my daughter. I have about 3 more months and my tour will be over and I will be back in the states for good!!!! The 79 needs a battery, I bought a new grille for her but never got a chance to put it in. I finally got to drive my 02 lightning!!! OMG that thing is a beast.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:09 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Welcome ulnpiper!!
Stuck another day in Kuwait. I guess I should not complain but I hate just sitting around. Pool guy came to put in the new liner in after weeks of waiting on him to show up. He now says the sides are bad and we need new walls. He wants more for labor than the cost of the parts. Wife and kiddo will just have to wait till I get home, my labor is free. I love the trailer bronco!!!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
I had a surprise visit from my Matco tool guy today, he delivered the bottom half of my new tool box. Top should be here in about 5 weeks. I'll post pics when it comes in.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:31 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Hi All! Yes...let's hope for a nice May after such a rainy April! Off to a great start so far!! No projects planned of Excursion as I'm currently finishing my Jeep build. I am looking to get a car hauling trailer so I can use my Ex to haul...

Old 05-07-2015, 09:20 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey guys,
Finally back at my base in Afghan. I was stuck for 5 days in Kuwait trying to get a flight back. Glad to be here to finish off the last of it and go home for good. Have to put on front control arm bushings on the Lightning and the new new grille on the 79 when I get home, After I fix the pool.

GT I will look for those stickers today, I am sure I have them here somewhere in my room, just have to find them.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:08 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Thanks Chief! How was your beach vacay? Did you get nice weather while you were there for at least a cpl days?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:41 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Yea we had great weather!!! We ate too much, drank too much and got very sunburned!! A great time was had by all!!! We rented some wave runners and had a blast. The food was OMG so good. Less than 90 days left till I am totally done over here. We talked about going back again when I get home for good.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Here's a few more of my trailer project. I know the color doesn't match, but I'll deal with it for the time being. Just waiting on the tonneau cover to come in.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The photo link is broken

First trip outside the wire today since I got back, I finally feel like I am making some progress at getting this thing done!!!

Old 05-10-2015, 08:20 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
GT Fun,
I pretty much went thru everything in my room today, getting rid of useless stuff and packing the stuff I won't need and can't find those stickers anywhere. I was so sure they were in the footlocker but no luck. I know I have them somewhere, I will keep looking. I may have already sent them back to the states in a earlier box and don't remember.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
A day at the range!!

Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2015, 06:13 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChiefM
GT Fun,
I pretty much went thru everything in my room today, getting rid of useless stuff and packing the stuff I won't need and can't find those stickers anywhere. I was so sure they were in the footlocker but no luck. I know I have them somewhere, I will keep looking. I may have already sent them back to the states in a earlier box and don't remember.
No problem, whenever you stumble across them. Thanks for looking!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:15 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Wow... I will give Afghanistan this... looks like some pretty cool mountains in the background. You ever ran across one of those crazy desert spiders?

Old 05-10-2015, 08:29 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I haven't seen any of those spiders here. Kabul has like 3 million people living here so pretty sure there are none around here. The mountains are nice and we still have a few that have snow at the very top.

Quick Reply: May Chat Thread