Sponsored by:

Excursion/FTE Pickup &/or Delivery Site

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Tuquala
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excursion/FTE Pickup &/or Delivery Site

Been seeing a lot of parts around the country that people are interested in and if purchased may need some sort of "special delivery" for such.

On another forum (audio) they have a "Pony Express" forum where members can look for or ask for someone who may be close to an item and is traveling who can provide transportation for the item.

Never have used it, don't know how it would work out for any of us, but maybe a good thought for the moderators or the management of the whole FTE site to look into. Could save any of us some freight costs, and make new friends at either end of the transaction!!!

I know that a lot of the EX people here have helped out other members, and that is commendable, just thinking this may have possibilities for even cross country participation!!???

Old 04-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Daewoo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the idea.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuquala
Never have used it, don't know how it would work out for any of us, but maybe a good thought for the moderators or the management of the whole FTE site to look into. Could save any of us some freight costs, and make new friends at either end of the transaction!!!
I've seen that before too.

I'll pass the suggestion up the line.

Stewart

Old 04-27-2015, 08:50 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
I can be the test mule! Lol. Tom and I are seeing how if we can figure out a deal on the Thorley Headers.

It's a good idea I think.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:00 PM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
Tom and I are seeing how if we can figure out a deal on the Thorley Headers.

What deal ? Just have him pick them up and run them out to you. Didn't he hop in his truck and drive like 1200 miles to get some axles? Seems like he is always game for a road trip.....

Old 04-27-2015, 09:03 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Lol, he said he'd go grab them, and bring them within 350 miles of me basically! But it's mainly getting Toms and the guys schedules to line up. N figure out how to get them to me after that. Lol

Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I doubt it would work. No one on here ever really talks or post anymore or is interested in Excursions or meeting with people that share the same passion. Honestly if it weren't for two facts I would have sold my X off for scrap and left the forum a long time ago...

1. The Excursion is the BEAST of all SUVs
2. FTE 4 LYFE!!!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Tuquala
Senior User
Apoc, we can only hope!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by IMASAP
What deal ? Just have him pick them up and run them out to you. Didn't he hop in his truck and drive like 1200 miles to get some axles? Seems like he is always game for a road trip.....
The axle trip was actually a 1632 mile round trip, My wife and I made it a two day driving date and we got to buy some cheese while we were in WI.

Lol, he said he'd go grab them, and bring them within 350 miles of me basically! But it's mainly getting Toms and the guys schedules to line up. N figure out how to get them to me after that. Lol
Just to be clear, I am not making the trip to SD just to deliver the headers to Dave (if this deal works out...) I heard that there are some faces carved into a mountain out that way, that trip was already planned.

What's really a shame is I now have Mark's tires and H-D rims at my place and I was just down in Charlotte NC a month ago and I could have probably fit them in the EX and or trailer on that trip if I had them back then. We were only about 250 miles from Mark's area around Atlanta then. Bummer.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Technologiq
Elder User
I live 10 minutes from a Summit racing warehouse so let me know if you want me to pick something up. I will pick it up, bolt it to my Excursion and never send it to you.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:05 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by WE3ZS

Just to be clear, I am not making the trip to SD just to deliver the headers to Dave (if this deal works out...) I heard that there are some faces carved into a mountain out that way, that trip was already planned.

What's really a shame is I now have Mark's tires and H-D rims at my place and I was just down in Charlotte NC a month ago and I could have probably fit them in the EX and or trailer on that trip if I had them back then. We were only about 250 miles from Mark's area around Atlanta then. Bummer.

I was trying to make you sound like a even nicer guy! Didn't have to make the headers sound like a after thought lol. You could have said wile you are delivering headers, you decided to stop and see some faces on a rock! Lol

Old 04-28-2015, 07:12 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
I was trying to make you sound like a even nicer guy! Didn't have to make the headers sound like a after thought lol. You could have said wile you are delivering headers, you decided to stop and see some faces on a rock! Lol

Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Technologiq
I live 10 minutes from a Summit racing warehouse so let me know if you want me to pick something up. I will pick it up, bolt it to my Excursion and never send it to you.
Nah, I'll just take the $10 handling fee hit

Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 PM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
The axle trip was actually a 1632 mile round trip, My wife and I made it a two day driving date and we got to buy some cheese while we were in WI.

Well ya......... that's where its the freshest !!

Old 05-10-2015, 02:20 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
I just bought a set of the 18" Harley Wheels with tires out of the Concord / Martinez area of California and I am in Eugene Oregon on interstate 5.

If there is any help on the side please let me know.

Currently they are at timf150' place.

Joe

Quick Reply: Excursion/FTE Pickup &/or Delivery Site