Sponsored by: DP Tuner

RiffRaff Banjo Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:58 AM
OldBlackCat
Fleet Mechanic
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts
RiffRaff Banjo Bolts

doing some repairs to my fuel system, and well i got a little carried away with ordering RiffRaff goodies

took some pictures of a stock and RiffRaff banjo bolt side by side, mostly for reference for anyone researching banjo bolts and wondering what the hell the difference is i know i sure was....

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/riffra...njo-bolt-7-3l/

install was not too hard.... i recommend while replacing the front banjo bolt also doing the fuel High Flow Check Valve Delete from RiffRaff at the same time. just easier with the power steering / alternator bracket out of the way.

Also, the instructions say the easyist way to install the passenger banjo bolt on the back of the head, is by reaching up along the down pipe. well i have mitts for hands, and with the down pipe in there its just too tight to work.

i found taking the passenger fender liner out to be QUICKER! and! you can look right at what for working on.... (mind you my truck is lifted 6" on 35" tires, your mileage may vary)

my mirror is right in the location of the banjo bolt, i am sitting on a 5 gallon bucket while doing this task.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 290 Likes on 150 Posts
Need your impressions after installation sir

Old 04-27-2015, 09:26 AM
OldBlackCat
Fleet Mechanic
will try, alot is going on in this teardown!

what was thought to be a leaky fuel bowl turned out to be a cracked passenger side fuel line (dreaded passenger side clamp).

while all of this is out i sent the HPOP out to be freshened up along with stopping that oil leak... which in turn allowed me time to order fuel system goodies as a "well... while i got the fuel system torn apart i might as well"

Old 04-27-2015, 06:16 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Just like stacking dominos....

.... or a minor plumbing repair in a fifty-year-old house!

Pop

Old 04-28-2015, 01:44 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Just like stacking dominos....

.... or a minor plumbing repair in a fifty-year-old house!

Pop

Try a minor plumbing repair in a 90-year-old house! I don't want that tee-shirt again!

[ Imagine black iron natural gas piping that has yellow sulfur crystals coating the entire pipe exterior from the sulfur having permeated the pipe over its 90 years of use. ]

Old 04-29-2015, 12:32 AM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 142 Likes on 102 Posts
I also just bought those with the check valve replacements. Let me know what you think when started and run. I'll get to mine soon but I too have other things to do on it.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Jesser02EX
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are the "check valve replacements"? For the HPOP lines?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:10 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 04-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Jesser02EX
Posting Guru
Thanks a ton!

Old 04-29-2015, 04:38 PM
OldBlackCat
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Jesser02EX
what are the "check valve replacements"? For the HPOP lines?

i know clay replied already, but i made a separate thread for the fuel check valve deletes that i installed.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tting-set.html

i made a separate thread with specific wording in the title so when people search the forums or Google this should pop up with pictures.

BTW: thanks clay! awesome parts! i don't even waste my time trying to find them local, i just goto Riffraff strait away

Old 04-29-2015, 06:01 PM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OldBlackCat
BTW: thanks clay! awesome parts! i don't even waste my time trying to find them local, i just goto Riffraff strait away
I've gone local, only to find out they have to order it. When I order from Clay, it's here in 2-3 days.....for less!!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:30 PM
KJNDIVER
Elder User

OK, ive been away from the forum for a while, whats the deal with the banjo bolt? What does it eliminate or what does it help with? Whats the reasoning behind it?

Old 04-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by KJNDIVER
OK, ive been away from the forum for a while, whats the deal with the banjo bolt? What does it eliminate or what does it help with? Whats the reasoning behind it?
Product Description
Why bother trying to drill out your stock pot-metal bolts and break them off while reinstalling? Not to mention a larger hole does not necessarily equal more flow, and can create an incredible amount of turbulence that actually reduces flow to less than stock.

We have engineered a high flow fuel bolt using StressProof® Steel that offers the highest flow possible. By combining a patented, high-end steel with precision flow/port testing we have been able to reduce turblence, raise flow, and increase bolt strength all at an economically minded price point.

- Made from Patented StressProof® Steel
- Precision machined low restriction ports
- Viton Oring Leak-Free Seal
- 100% Made in the USA

Old 04-29-2015, 07:31 PM
KJNDIVER
Elder User

Again, forgive my ignorance, but what would be the benefit? Is the factory bolt a significant impedance to fuel flow? Im assuming it helps maintain flow/pressure when under load? Would this be beneficial to the average joe or just under high loads for drags or sled pullers? Maybe im just having one of those days, but im not following.... hell i just had a box with the yellow tape arrive today....just what i need is a reason to have another one show up next week.....lol

Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Originally Posted by KJNDIVER
Again, forgive my ignorance, but what would be the benefit? Is the factory bolt a significant impedance to fuel flow? Im assuming it helps maintain flow/pressure when under load? Would this be beneficial to the average joe or just under high loads for drags or sled pullers? Maybe im just having one of those days, but im not following.... hell i just had a box with the yellow tape arrive today....just what i need is a reason to have another one show up next week.....lol
I haven't had the chance to mess with the banjo bolts yet but my understanding is that it will help free the flow of fuel vs a stock setup. Looking at the pictures oldblackcat posted at the beginning I was surprised how tiny the holes were for the fuel to flow through vs the ones riff raff offers. I would think at least freeing up the flow of fuel would be beneficial to all not just the high hp guys....that's seems to be kinda the aim with the hutch mod and others....freeing up the fuel is always better...drag racer or not

Quick Reply: RiffRaff Banjo Bolts