Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Romelīs truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is the fruit of two years worth of die hard determination... and a lot of very hard-to-come-by piggy bank savings. Jan this has been quite a story and an adventure and the readers here don't know the half of it, what you went through to find it, buy it, get most of the parts you wanted, and get it shipped around the world. It was really great to be part of that story and adventure and have a lasting friendship over it. These are the memories of a lifetime, and you now have one of the most unique vehicles in your country. How cool is that? I really think it is great that you actually pulled it off and overcame so many obstacles to make it happen. This is a great day!

P.S. Your metric speedometer head is on its way in case you change your mind and want the convenience of km/h readout...

Old 08-09-2015, 04:30 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First sight in 11 months.

Fired up like a new truck.

Actually the engine is running, no smoke at all.

It is little bigger for the parking lots

It sure gets attention on the road here. Managed to unload some stuff from the bed, the engine is still there, have to find the way how to get it down and drag it to the garage. The C6 tilted to the side and the oil leaked all over the bed and the road, I am local Exxon Valdez here now. I went to the smog test just for fun, one thing that surprised me the tach is not off more than couple rews, pretty acurate. Idle 670rpm, wot 3785rpm. However it smoked the whole garage, it has the Euro -10 emisions, the opacity was 15, the new cars get like0.30. Ha, ha. Put the almost new factory alcoa wheels on, looks better I think. They were quite a deal for 300 bucks with caps and nuts. We have extreme hot weather, it has not rained in two months, the whole state runs out of water, watering the garden is forbiden, washing cars, filling the pools. Here are couple pictures, believe me I had tears in my eyes when I saw it after 11 months. And couple pictures of the ware house what people import from states.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:09 AM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks good

Old 08-09-2015, 06:14 AM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Jan, the truck really does look quite nice with the Alcoa rims on it. So sorry about the oil spill with the stupid C-6. I really thought I had that blocked solid where it could not move. My recommendation for removing the engine is the reverse of how I loaded it. Pry up on the pallet and roll it on some pipe to the back of the bed. Remove the tailgate and lift it off with an engine crane. Is it even possible to maneuver the truck to your garage? Now maybe you understand why I lost my mind with the crew cab and decided to cut it in half. I am glad the tach is working right. I thought it was reading low but I had no way to actually check it. It is sure great to see it in front of your house in Czech.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:59 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is so cool man!...

Once in a lifetime thing Jan... That truck has a bigger story than most up to this point.

When my wife and I take that Danube river cruise (Yeah, keep wishing), we'll stop by and say hi.... Maybe ill be able to smuggle some IDI parts in my suitcase....

Old 08-09-2015, 10:00 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Jonathan..... AZ plates? That has a story!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:14 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome that you finally achieved the dream Jan! Take good care of her!

Old 08-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin
Jonathan..... AZ plates? That has a story!
Since he bought it from an auction house, all he had was an open title, a bill of sale and plates from the previous owner. Zero registration paperwork. Before he left for Czech Republic we went ahead and properly transferred the title into his name obtained valid registration in his name. Yavapai county is pretty chill. They didn't even require a vehicle inspection. Using my address as a temporary US residence was perfectly legit.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ford F834
Since he bought it from an auction house, all he had was an open title, a bill of sale and plates from the previous owner. Zero registration paperwork. Before he left for Czech Republic we went ahead and properly transferred the title into his name obtained valid registration in his name. Yavapai county is pretty chill. They didn't even require a vehicle inspection. Using my address as a temporary US residence was perfectly legit.
You're the man Jonathan!

Old 08-11-2015, 02:40 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin
This is so cool man!...

Once in a lifetime thing Jan... That truck has a bigger story than most up to this point.

When my wife and I take that Danube river cruise (Yeah, keep wishing), we'll stop by and say hi.... Maybe ill be able to smuggle some IDI parts in my suitcase....
Well I told you it is simple, just buy air tickets, hop on the plane and go. This was my excuse as well for 20 years, and finaly I just bought airtickets on sale and went. The 12 hour flight is a killer. And there are more interesting things than Danube river. Have u ever heard of Postojna jama in Slovenia? Underground river complex with stalagnites and stalactites. Google it, it is amazing.
Have to unload the parts, wash it and head downtown to get some cool Pictures with architecture behind from 13th century. Washing cars is forbiden now as the whole country is running out of the water, has not rained in two months.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:54 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,118 Likes on 2,174 Posts
looking good Jan. have the neighbors complained about the rattling engine in the morning yet?

Old 08-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tjc transport
looking good Jan. have the neighbors complained about the rattling engine in the morning yet?
Nope it is running extremely quiet for an IDI, I think the IP is retarded, everything is grey on the engine, I think everything is still original intact. Starts right away, I need to clean and set the injectors to the same pop pressure, that will help and then play with the ignition, ferret light on its way. The next thing is to mount the banks and figure out how to squeze the intercooler to the front, it looks pretty tight there. Anybody has done it on the OBN truck. I have bought powerstroke intercooler, have not looked closely, did not measure anything, just asking in advance. The piping will be stainless steel, and I plan stainless steel exhaust. I think 3 inch pipe all the way back with kind of muffler, only drilled pipe surrounded by glass wool in a muffler like can.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,118 Likes on 2,174 Posts
mehhh. just go straight pipe all the way back. you will not hear it with a rear exit.

unless you go through a tunnel.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Jan, fitting the SD Intercooler in our body style is a bit tricky... the grille tapers in toward the bottom and there is not much room like you say. The only way to fit one in there is to use a thin aftermarket grille like billet, chrome tube, or expanded metal sheet (all of which I hate, they look "generic" to my eyes)...OR... you can cut away at the fins of the OEM grille. That is what I plan to do. I hate cutting (weakening) or modifying my vintage grille that is almost mint condition, but that is the only way to keep the original grille. There were some pictures on the internet showing how to trim it. I have them saved on my old phone, I will post them up here when I get the chance...

Old 08-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tjc transport
mehhh. just go straight pipe all the way back. you will not hear it with a rear exit.

unless you go through a tunnel.
I would not mind to go straight pipe, but we have noise emissions and cops can check for the muffler, I have to pretend there is one there.

Quick Reply: Romelīs truck