Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Romelīs truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:01 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
That seems strange. I thought all of the extended cabs had the same floor pan.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
That seems strange. I thought all of the extended cabs had the same floor pan.
That is what everyone says, it is strange, there are different holes but do not match the cptain seats. Somebody suggested taking the carpet out, there might be dimples in the floor pan for the middle console and the captain chairs.
By any coinsidence anybody knows some measurements? Just how far the arm rest is from the closed door?

Old 04-14-2017, 10:27 PM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have thought they were the same as well.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:56 AM
01truckfan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think from the factory ford install those on the frame of the 40/20/40 split bench and then bolted that to the floor pan, at least that is what I've read.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:55 AM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^^^ That sounds right; I'm pretty sure ALL supercab front seat options used a separate pan/frame. Jan, do those seats seem to sit too low?

Old 04-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Well the original skids sat even higher on the captain chairs, but I had a set from the newer generation and used those, as I wanted the hyper extend instead of the catapult. When I mounted the original seats with original skids it felt too high having steering wheel in the lap and my head almost to the ceiling, the 8th gen skids are better. Today I took the carpet off and found dimples for the console. Drilled that and just put the seats in the middle of the gap. Kind of tricky, as the captain chairs have the skids offset to one side by 1/2 inch and the seats are not mirror but exactly the same. Back rest lever on the left which is stupid as the console blocks the access to the passenger one. However that seat had a wire to the catapult release and it also relesed the back rest. I wired it the same, so when sitting and not moving, the lever for the skids also releases the back rest and u can adjust it.
The floor was cracked in one spot, and couple unneeded holes. I hate the welding and grinding in the cab, everything covered, masked to prevent the grinding or welding damage. The floor looks like it is one year old car, 0 rust.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:24 PM
V8BB
Junior User
Hi Jan, I read this threat with patience.

All I can say right now is, you have a real cool and hot ride.

I really do love the bull nose at all!

If you have any troubvle with it then tell me. My personell mechanic is a German Polish Czech guy who is normally working at Audi.
Besides of that, you have a real nice law about weapons and the next stage would be Hungary.

I want to say that all Ford guys need to stick together whereever they are. And Ford does not mean to have borders or multiculticrap. Ford guys are just one huge family.
Please keep thet in mind! Iīm just a Kraut who caqn tell you about high fees here and how to avoid them. The German government claims democracy, but itīs the worst country on this planet.

Anyway, I would like to call you and speak with you directly. What is your cellphone number?

See you guys......

Ronny

Old 07-30-2017, 07:17 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Ronny & Jan - How about coming to The States in 2018? Specifically on 14 & 15 September, 2018. It is explained in this thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-together.html), but I'm having an international Ford Truck Enthusiasts get-together. As you can see in that thread, we already have guys from Germany, Australia, and New Zealand, and it is over a year away.

This would be an opportunity to meet many of us as well as pick up some parts. I know Oz Econoline is already working on his list, and Hardy and Ken may be as well. So, come on over!

Old 07-30-2017, 03:27 PM
V8BB
Junior User
Hi Gary,

Thank you for the invitation. I had a look on the link and also on the hotel-link.
They charge 119 bucks during the week and 169 bucks on weekends. That means about 1000 bucks for a short visit.
Iīd like to come and Iīd like to bring my son with me and maybe one or two friends. But I have to figure out how we can stay and sleep cheaper.

What is the closest international airport there?

See you...

Ronny

Old 07-30-2017, 10:11 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Tulsa TUL) is the closest airport, but a truly international one would be DFW. When we fly to Germany we usually go TUL/DFW/FRA.

Owasso, OK is only about 20 miles east and they have lots of hotels so that may be cheaper. And, it is close to TUL.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Gary,
I can't say what will happen next year but I try to make it. September 15 is my birthday. Find me guys 1972 Gran Torino the same model used in the movie. I fell in love with it for years and need it bad. I have V8 diesel, now I need V8 gasser, Ford of course as I bleed blue. It would be a good opportunity to bring it to Europe.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:11 AM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
IIRC it was a 1973 in the movie.

Pop quiz - how many times do we see Walt driving it?

Old 07-31-2017, 02:46 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Originally Posted by madpogue
IIRC it was a 1973 in the movie.

Pop quiz - how many times do we see Walt driving it?
None, I know. I just have to get it when it is still reasonable priced, having a Mustang or Corvette is kind of fashion here. I want to be different, so Gran Torino sport is ideal.
On the other note I upgraded the truck with hydroboost, best upgrade after the turbo. The only thing I am fighting since I got the truck is rear brakes locking too easily, way before the front really brakes. New front calipers, hoses, bleed the he'll out of it, no difference. I do not think I can test the rear proportional valve. It is moving.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Originally Posted by V8BB
Hi Jan, I read this threat with patience.

All I can say right now is, you have a real cool and hot ride.

I really do love the bull nose at all!

If you have any troubvle with it then tell me. My personell mechanic is a German Polish Czech guy who is normally working at Audi.
Besides of that, you have a real nice law about weapons and the next stage would be Hungary.

I want to say that all Ford guys need to stick together whereever they are. And Ford does not mean to have borders or multiculticrap. Ford guys are just one huge family.
Please keep thet in mind! Iīm just a Kraut who caqn tell you about high fees here and how to avoid them. The German government claims democracy, but itīs the worst country on this planet.

Anyway, I would like to call you and speak with you directly. What is your cellphone number?

See you guys......

Ronny
Well I would not say life here is better than in Germany at all, maybe it looks like it but I would live in Germany in a hearth beat.
Yes the truck is nice but the overall cost was close to 9000 Euro, but the memories with it are well worth it. The only nightmare is getting parts for it, even stupid oil filter is hard to get localy.I can speak a little German, but it sucks.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:21 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Romel77
Gary,
I can't say what will happen next year but I try to make it. September 15 is my birthday. Find me guys 1972 Gran Torino the same model used in the movie. I fell in love with it for years and need it bad. I have V8 diesel, now I need V8 gasser, Ford of course as I bleed blue. It would be a good opportunity to bring it to Europe.
Ok, we will hold a birthday party!

As for the Gran Torino, how about a '73: https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...235578939.html.

Quick Reply: Romelīs truck