ROTW no more? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

ROTW no more?

Old 05-18-2016, 05:29 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
All too familiar with "software upgrades" having a detrimental effect on the features on my electronic devices. The curse of technology I guess.

I know it was a lot of work and appreciate what the mods did to make it happen on a weekly basis. Hopefully at some point it will make a return but until then at least I can go back and watch reruns.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:13 PM
Christian's1988Ford
Elder User
Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm a member of the Classic Rotary Phones Forum, and we have a "Find of the Month" competition, where we can nominate our favorite 'find' (either something we found or something someone else found) for the past month. At the end of the month, a moderator creates a poll with all of the nominations. After 10 or so days, the winner is declared based on the number of votes they received within the 10 days the poll was open.

In our case, we can nominate our favorite truck posted on this forum within the past month (doesn't actually need to be acquired within the month, sort of like ROtW) and vote based on that.

Along with the nomination, you would need to insert a link to the topic where the truck was posted.

I dunno, just my thoughts...

Old 06-15-2016, 01:47 PM
kawininjazx
Junior User
kawininjazx is starting off with a positive reputation.
New here and something like ROTW sounds awesome. Similar threads are always my favorite like show off your _______ threads. I like build threads and other learning stuff but showing off something awesome is the best! ROTW/M!!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:45 AM
B-Rad88
Senior User
B-Rad88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Awakening a dead forum here, but how much work would be involved for the moderators of this forum to ask people to post their nomination for ROTM and then lock the forum at a certain date and time, count all the votes in a day or 2, and then post the winner on the first of the month? That's more or less how I have seen it done. As BubbaJones said quite awhile ago, that's what third gen does basically. They even were making categories sometimes like the months ROTM will have to be all stock, or upgraded to the teeth, or a combo of the 2, or just in general, or best engine swapped, stuff like that. I'd be interested in it maybe even being in each sections individual forum as well.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:32 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Actually the IB staff for FTE selects a Ride of the Week on the front page here https://www.ford-trucks.com/

Old 01-07-2018, 06:53 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Christian's1988Ford View Post
I'm a member of the Classic Rotary Phones Forum,
Wow... a forum for rotary phones?

It really does exist.

Very surprising
I never would have thought.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:57 AM
Randy Phillippe
New User
Randy Phillippe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will share pictures of my builds

Originally Posted by WidowMaker13 View Post
I guess those of us who don't do Facebook will have to continue to do Google Image searches for trucks to get inspiration.
Hello WidowMakerI just joined and have already lost one of my posts after spending close to 30 minutes writing itWithin 24 hours, Iím back again to try and start a gallery and cant do that eitherSeems to be the way things have been goingIf you can email me, Iíll share some with you and then you can share them with others if you wantJust roughed in a 63 unibody I dug out of a farm field, planted on a 2007 crown victoria I hope to hear from you, Randy