6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 05:11 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Mornin Tim! Thanks. Drying up would be nice. So far, that has only happened one day out of the last 6 weeks (there was no standing water in my yard for only 1 day).

Old 06-02-2016, 05:55 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts
More rain eh Doug? Yikes...

On your tractor plan, makes sense. I wish that would work for me. No one ever sells what I'm after used at a fair price. Used sells for almost the same price as new. I've looked and looked and there just aren't any fire sales on what I want.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:08 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot

This is the tip of the iceberg. After the sun comes up, it will get worse. Additionally, a low pressure front is moving in from the west over the course of the day. In the radar pic above, the area to the north where there is the deep red, is the same area that went under water late last week, and is where my wife works. I'm sorta hoping she CAN'T get to work this morning due to flooded roads. At least that way, I know she won't be stuck AT work due to flooded roads, as she was last Friday.

I'm not actually in the market for a tractor anytime soon. I like to research the hell out of large purchases though so that I can make informed decisions, rather than being caught off-guard by known issues.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:06 AM
carlhwv
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Hey, I just sprayed MSMA a couple days ago and with the hot sun yesterday ALL of my crabgrass, broadleaf, and clover is SMOKED. Amazing stuff if you can get a sprayer and somebody with the chemical. 1 oz. per gallon.

Well, it might kill your fescue or whatever you've got, maybe it's more for warm season grasses, stuff works though.
We have a particular invasive, Japanese Slitgrass, which has taken a big hold on our property. I tried a pre-emergent, but it didn't do it. Always used 2,4D in the past as post emergent, but this stuff just laughs at it. Just applied Aclaim, which other have used with success. The stuff cost more than a good bottle of Scotch.....

I get a bit nervous using stuff for the first time, so I probably went light with my mix. I swear, the directions they provide are really hard for me to decipher. i ended up going with 1/2oz per gallon, but think I could have gone an ounce a gallon, with the rate my spray lays it down and the the speed I go on the 4wheeler.

Hopefully I can get ahead of it.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:32 AM
carlhwv
Senior User
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Carl, I wasn't trying to suggest that the brand is crap in general. Maybe it is, or perhaps not. I think of it like buying your very first truck and not having any brand loyalty. Hypothetically, if my brother buys "X" brand truck and has nothing but issues with it, that would automatically make it last on my list of brands to look at - even if the price was awesome. Having good warranty coverage is GREAT, but never needing to use it is even better. The same thought process works for tractors and other high end purchases I would consider.

Scott, emissions considerations is one of the things I am paying more close attention to when considering a tractor. I would love a shiny new tractor that nobody else has ever worked before, but I think my efforts when the time comes will be more focused on one with relatively low hours, from a year before emissions crap was mandated.

Howdy Rodney and all. Forecast for today...Heavy rain and thunderstorms. Go figure.
I got what you are saying Doug. Everything is a data point for me.

I just sold my Deere 3720, which was an absolute solid tool. For a compact Utility piece, I would highly recommend it. I've never owned anything bigger and I've noticed that moving to the Utility class is like goimg from a Ranger to a 350. Add in all the changes to the engines, and it's a very confused field to me.

I am going to be using it hard over the next year as we work the 50 acres we bought in TN and build the house. After that usage will drop, but I think I'll run it a couple hunderd hours a year. It's a tough call, as you said, it's a big ticket item that I need to have workimg not in the shop, even if under warranty. I appreciate any and all feedback and discussion.

And yes, the more I think about it, the family Kubota might be the best deal going for me Scott, for the resin you point out and a few others.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:59 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Got my first wild turkey of the year yesterday. Pulled out to pass a VW, running about 65mph, and it came across the front of him just as I was beside him. Hit the end of my bumper and exploded. Feathers and turkey guts all down the side of my truck

Old 06-02-2016, 08:02 AM
System
Prolocutor
He won't make that mistake again Steve...

Old 06-02-2016, 08:05 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,636 Likes on 2,335 Posts
Lol Steve...that's great!

Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,925 Likes on 1,560 Posts
Today is the day........

Steve, It's a good thing it just hit the bumper. Can you imagine the damage it would have done off it would have hit on the center of the grill.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,180 Likes on 1,657 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Hey Doug !
Sounds like a wise move on the tractor.
Hope you dry up soon.
Let me see If I understand this correctly.........

You want Doug to dry up.........

Old 06-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,180 Likes on 1,657 Posts
Thanks guys.....Some great reading.....

I am ready to start my busy day.........

Old 06-02-2016, 10:00 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Steve, It's a good thing it just hit the bumper. Can you imagine the damage it would have done off it would have hit on the center of the grill.
That wouldn't have been good. It did hit the dually flare but other than feathers stuck there it looks like no damage, the bumper likely softened it up a bit

Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
That wouldn't have been good. It did hit the dually flare but other than feathers stuck there it looks like no damage, the bumper likely softened it up a bit
F350 DRW = "The Tenderizer..."

Old 06-02-2016, 10:28 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Steve, toss that bad boy on the smoker for a few hours and enjoy a nice dinner! Glad the truck wasn't damaged.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:22 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Steve, toss that bad boy on the smoker for a few hours and enjoy a nice dinner! Glad the truck wasn't damaged.
I figured why bother stopping, was probably a bag of soup. Would have been defeathered though LOL

Quick Reply: Today is the day........