General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

How do I post a Vehicle for Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:40 AM
PapaGeek
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I post a Vehicle for Sale?

I’m not going to post what ford truck I am selling in this forum, that is probably against the rules.

My problem is that when I try to post details in the Marketplace – Vehicles for Sale forum I get the following message when I click on “CREATE NEW Marketplace Listing”:

PapaGeek, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
As you can see by this post I can post in other forums. I am currently a free member, do I have to upgrade to a paid membership to make a post in that forum? What do I have to do to “have sufficient privileges”?

Old 03-27-2015, 12:29 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,170 Posts
either upgrade to paid member, or increase your post count from the current 5 to whatever the minimum required for full access to post in the forums.
with only 5 posts you are till considered a new user even though you have been registered for over 7 months.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
PapaGeek
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tom,

We bought our ford primarily to pull a fifth wheel RV and are now ready to move up to a Class A. We’ve asked a couple of newbie questions on the forum, but are not exactly truck enthusiasts.

Will the upgrade make posting in the marketplace immediate?

How many posts before we can post? But that is not the best way since, like I said, we are relative newbies.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:55 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,170 Posts
not sure if it is 15 or 20 posts.
usually upgrading to paid member takes a day or so to activate.
you could just ask a few questions in the forums to increase your post count.
but even with that, it usually takes a day or so to get full privileges after meeting the post count requirement.
nevermind, i just checked and it is 5 posts and 10 days. so by tomorrow you should have access to the classifieds.