6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Deleted 2015s?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 07:19 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FrontLineTrainer
so what exactly do I need in ALL to delete my 2015...I'm looking at the SCT tuner but I want to keep my exhaust components and just hollow out the DPF so it looks good at visual inspection...what block off plates would I need, do I have to replace any exhaust components or is it strictly just hook up the tuner and reflash the computer to eliminate the emissions? Thanks in advance guys!
Not sure about hollowing out the DPF, the tuner will stop the truck from going into regen, but the DPF will clog very quick. Personally, If I were you, I'd run a delete pipe and just run the blanking plates for the EGR. Good luck.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:25 PM
FrontLineTrainer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the idea from other guys who were concerned about warranty work and instead of removing and replacing they just cut out the top, hollowed it out and welded the cutout back on so from below it looked factory...with emissions shut off and DEF tank empty...regen off in computer a hollowed out DPF should be same as a straight pipe I would imagine...any thoughts? My main question is what HAS TO be done on top of buying a tuner to eliminate the emissions. Every product has pull down menus offering exhaust/air intakes ect ect ect bringing total bill to couple grand.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:16 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
I got the idea from other guys who were concerned about warranty work and instead of removing and replacing they just cut out the top, hollowed it out and welded the cutout back on so from below it looked factory...with emissions shut off and DEF tank empty...regen off in computer a hollowed out DPF should be same as a straight pipe I would imagine...any thoughts? My main question is what HAS TO be done on top of buying a tuner to eliminate the emissions. Every product has pull down menus offering exhaust/air intakes ect ect ect bringing total bill to couple grand.
Basically just the tuner, you'll prolly want a cold air intake. I fully deleted everything (DPF & EGR) but, you can just unplug the EGR, the tuner will defeat the regen process completely, but you will have to do something with the DPF whether you gut it or remove it. I can't give any advice on gutting one though. As mentioned earlier, I'd at least blank off the EGR, I think the plates are $50.00 or $60.00, save you some headache later with the EGR.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:15 AM
Cajunboxer
Senior User
I deleted my 2015 with 200 miles on it. I installed SCTX4 tuner with custom tunes 5 in down pipe back without muffler. Its the same setup I had on my 2013 LB Dually. I just swapped tuners. Here we are a little over a year later with almost 28 K problem free miles. First 12 K miles were in less then 3 months, I have slowed down a little, but still pretty good for only driving my truck 7 out of 12 months last year.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:01 AM
FrontLineTrainer
Freshman User
ok, thanks so much guys that definitely helps...thinking straight pipe may be better and save the DPF for in case needed for later can bolt it back on and put computer back to factory...just in case.

Now the question is WHICH sct tuner...some sites list the X4 as not having a DPF delete tune. There is the X4 (SCT-7015C15 $850), LiveWire TS Performance tuner (SCT-5015P $600) and LiveWire TS Competition tuner (SCT-5015C15 $1,000)...going to call SCT today and see what the difference is between them all...unless anyone can tell me which one exactly they got? ...and is one of the factory included tunes work to delete emissions?

Old 01-06-2016, 08:17 AM
FrontLineTrainer
Freshman User
EGR DELETE....just the block off plates? Is it better or necessary to eliminate or reroute the cooloer lines...and I imagine all the "electrical" componenets the H&S kit refers to eliminating is just to clean up the engine bay.

http://puredpfdelete.com/hs-302201-2...e-p-35804.html

On a funnier note, called SCT...guy says computers not capable of eliminating emissions that they do not support that, when pressed he's like "come on man, that's kinda taboo around here, I can't talk about it...you get what I mean?" LOL so yes it will do it, no they won't tell you it will.

BTW, PA is like CA's little brother, we're never far behind all their emissions requirements so I need to be careful, thus my idea of gutting the DPF vs. removal...it just has to visually look good in PA they don't test for functionality.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:29 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 377 Likes on 269 Posts
I simply love reading about you guys doing these deletes. Diesels were meant to run free and clear of all the crap they put on there now. Nice work! Any mileage increases?

Old 01-06-2016, 08:32 AM
FrontLineTrainer
Freshman User
Loved my 99' F250 7.3 with BullyDog, dual open exhaust, 250k+ miles...tried buying her back but guy wouldn't sell...not even for extra $1,000 ...so now I'm stuck with this new pretty platinum, lol...i'm sure it will grow on me eventually.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:57 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
EGR DELETE....just the block off plates? Is it better or necessary to eliminate or reroute the cooloer lines...and I imagine all the "electrical" componenets the H&S kit refers to eliminating is just to clean up the engine bay.

H&S 302201 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7L EGR Delete [HAS302201] : Pure DPF Delete, Your one stop auto shop

On a funnier note, called SCT...guy says computers not capable of eliminating emissions that they do not support that, when pressed he's like "come on man, that's kinda taboo around here, I can't talk about it...you get what I mean?" LOL so yes it will do it, no they won't tell you it will.

BTW, PA is like CA's little brother, we're never far behind all their emissions requirements so I need to be careful, thus my idea of gutting the DPF vs. removal...it just has to visually look good in PA they don't test for functionality.
Personally, I'd go with the Liveire, just for the monitor. They're both flash tuners, the Livewire just affords you th capability of monitoring certain parameters. If you foresee having to put the truck back to stock, I'd just run the block off plates in lieu of removing the EGR.(it can be a PITA!)

Old 01-12-2016, 04:59 PM
FrontLineTrainer
Freshman User
ok guys, i'm just about done bothering all of you...I have the tuner in hand, ordering the exhaust...with this X4 I do not need any bungs in exhaust for O2's or anything correct? they will all be eliminated/turned off with the tune? Decided on 4" dual exhaust.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:11 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
ok guys, i'm just about done bothering all of you...I have the tuner in hand, ordering the exhaust...with this X4 I do not need any bungs in exhaust for O2's or anything correct? they will all be eliminated/turned off with the tune? Decided on 4" dual exhaust.
That's correct, just unbolt the stock system and bolt up the New one. The only thing you might look into when / if you delete the EGR is to get the delete kit that allows an EGT probe, with the SCTX4, you'll need an Edge CTS monitor (if you want to monitor temps, boost, etc...). The No Limit Fabrication EGR delete kit has the plate that allows the edge or H&S egt probe.
Let me know how you like the dual setup, considering purchasing one and swapping out my straight pipe system.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:27 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd definitely run a delete pipe and not hollow out the pipe. Dealerships aren't supposed to buy trucks without emissions equipment, so it would be nice to be able to refit the stock exhaust when you go to resell the truck eventually.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:03 AM
FrontLineTrainer
Freshman User
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Basically just the tuner, you'll prolly want a cold air intake. I fully deleted everything (DPF & EGR) but, you can just unplug the EGR, the tuner will defeat the regen process completely, but you will have to do something with the DPF whether you gut it or remove it. I can't give any advice on gutting one though. As mentioned earlier, I'd at least blank off the EGR, I think the plates are $50.00 or $60.00, save you some headache later with the EGR.
so for right now I'm doing the tune (SCT X4) and just running straight pipe in place of DPF until later in the summer when I'll replace rest of exhaust also...so for the EGR, you say I can just unplug it? no need for block off plates or anything? (will be getting full EGR delete kit with coolant bypass hose at later date).

....all that being said I hear a COOLANT FILTER system is a good idea...anybody have any experience/recommendations with those?

Old 01-13-2016, 09:42 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 540 Likes on 264 Posts
I understand why some of you guys are deleting, but consider the price of the diesel engine (now about $8500) and keep in mind I bet 50% of that is for the very stuff you are chucking. To me it doesn't make a lot of sense to pay for something and then toss it or set it aside. It's kind of like ordering a meal with a lot of side dishes and then throwing away all the side dishes. I realize you cannot buy the diesel any other way, but for me, I'm going to live with it. My only complaint is the regen cycles; I don't mind the SCR at all.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:37 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
so for right now I'm doing the tune (SCT X4) and just running straight pipe in place of DPF until later in the summer when I'll replace rest of exhaust also...so for the EGR, you say I can just unplug it? no need for block off plates or anything? (will be getting full EGR delete kit with coolant bypass hose at later date).

....all that being said I hear a COOLANT FILTER system is a good idea...anybody have any experience/recommendations with those?
I have the Diesel Site coolant filter.....not sure if it gains very much, but I have it. Looking back, I would rather spent the money on the Diesel Site fuel filter.

Quick Reply: Deleted 2015s?