Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Feb chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:56 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Feb chat and general BS thread

Well, looks like Zac is asleep at the wheel, so I'll start this month off! Let's get a little chatter going on guys, been a little quiet around here lately.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:41 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it's been to quiet , we need to get some more people interested in the GTG .

Old 02-04-2015, 09:02 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Zack has been busier than a cat covering crap the last week or so! Hope I can get away with using that line around here; though I've been a good boy so I'm not on the verge of a "vacation" from FTE.

For those that might not have seen the forecast for the western frontier...yesterday it was 55-ish; today it got up to about the same before the clouds rolled in about 1400 and the temps have dropped like a rock since. The weather guessers are saying 40% chance of rain changing over to snow after midnight. Tomorrow looks like a typical winter day...high in the mid 40's; but come the weekend it's supposed to be dang close to 70F. More proof that Mother Nature is psycho.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:49 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
but come the weekend it's supposed to be dang close to 70F. More proof that Mother Nature is psycho.
Hey! I'll take it. Weather around here is usually beautiful during the week and crappy for the weekend.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Zack, you already jinxed it, so I'll say I'm going out to the shop tonight to start changing the tires on my bike. Hopefully I'll be done by Saturday morning. Sunday, we're going riding(assuming the jinx doesn't kick in).
Sc#@w a bunch of groundhogs!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:28 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I've been working on putting my Harley back together, but probably gonna sell it to finish some of the more expensive projects I have going on around here. Weather like this weekend is supposed to be might make me want to keep it. My problem there is I was diagnosed with a condition called Meniere's disease that causes dizziness and loss of hearing, not exactly the way I want to feel on two wheels.
Been looking at this thing in pieces for almost three years now, gonna seem strange for it to be out of my way.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:36 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Well it looks like the weather guessers got it right for once; hopefully it holds up for tomorrow as well so I can enjoy a bit of it. The crappy weather can come back on Monday when I go back to work. Mr. conductor will just have to get over it!
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Well, Zack, you already jinxed it, so I'll say I'm going out to the shop tonight to start changing the tires on my bike.
Sc#@w a bunch of groundhogs!
Seen a bunch of fair weather riders out there today...while I wouldn't have mind to be out there with them...I've got too many projects going right now to be out goofing off. As far as the hog...while I'd normally question your reliance on an overgrown rodent; considering we're talking about the weather...I don't see a single flaw in that logic. The professionals have havoc trying to get it right most of the time.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I've been working on putting my Harley back together, but probably gonna sell it to finish some of the more expensive projects I have going on around here.
While I'm not planning on parting with my scooter...I know exactly how you feel. Got a couple of other toys that it has been suggested to me that I should sell.
My problem there is I was diagnosed with a condition called Meniere's disease that causes dizziness and loss of hearing, not exactly the way I want to feel on two wheels.
Other than the seriousness of the dizziness/loss of hearing...is there anything else you should be concerned about? It isn't terminal is it? Well life is terminal...no one gets out alive. But getting shut down before your time ruins the party every time.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:12 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
Other than the seriousness of the dizziness/loss of hearing...is there anything else you should be concerned about? It isn't terminal is it?
Pretty much just dizziness and constant ringing in my ears is the only symptoms. Nothing life threatening unless you consider I work on heavy equipment and am sometimes off of the ground, but I try to be careful and live with it.

Last edited by cookie88; 02-15-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:31 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Guess I got a little spoiled with the great weather last weekend, was hoping spring was right around the corner. Weather guessers are calling for some extreme cold and possibly some white stuff next week. Looks like I'll be cutting firewood this weekend. At least I did splurge for a log splitter this fall.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:55 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Nothing life threatening unless you consider I work on heavy equipment and am sometimes off of the ground, but I try to be careful and live with it.
The ringing in the ears alone would be enough to drive most folks nuts! Hopefully the doc's come up with a treatment that helps you cope with it.
Guess I got a little spoiled with the great weather last weekend, was hoping spring was right around the corner. Weather guessers are calling for some extreme cold and possibly some white stuff next week.
These same weather guessers that are reporting gloom & doom in the bayou can't quite make up their mind on the western frontier. They all agree that Monday/Tuesday isn't going to be pleasant...especially like the last week up here (seen 70's over the weekend). Depending on forecast....it's either ice, sleet, snow or measurable snow event. Either way mother nature is going to ruin my hopes for a lovely day off on Sunday.
At least I did splurge for a log splitter this fall.
Why do I get the feeling you didn't buy one of these?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:30 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Meneirs disease has no cure, the main treatment for it is fluid pills to relieve some of the fluid buildup in the inner ear, otherwise its just go easy on the salt and learn to live feeling like you've got a slight buzz constantly. Some days are much worse than others.
I wish I could afford a firewood processor, been a few on the local classified ads this year, but it would be overkill for 2-3 cords a year. I have been drooling over that Bobcat ever since I first saw the video.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:33 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Well, I put the ol 83 F250 to work today. This is the first load, probably have another 3 to haul tomorrow.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:45 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Firewood stack is looking a lot better, had gotten down to just the short stack in the foreground. My back is telling me that I may have overdone it a little and there's still a load on the truck. By my calculations, and with what's still on the truck, I cut, split and hauled right at 2 cords this weekend. Hope to have about double that amount stacked before warm weather.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:40 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks light for 2 cord, but still plenty of work for one dizzy guy in a weekend. Nice job.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:14 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cookie88
Looks light for 2 cord, but still plenty of work for one dizzy guy in a weekend. Nice job.
That's not all of it, there's still a 5 row load on the truck, yeah I know, I have no mercy on my woods truck.

Quick Reply: Feb chat and general BS thread