Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
January 2015 BS Thread

Happy new year!

Old 01-04-2015, 10:32 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Happy Sunday to everyone...hope your 2015 is rocking so far! Enjoy your day...

Old 01-04-2015, 07:22 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Just stopping by to say hi. This has been a very bad week, and it ain't over yet.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:53 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve soon.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:48 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve soon.
Well, my Mom passed away and we had her funeral Saturday. Then yesterday morning we were notified that my Aunt passed away. This will be the 5th funeral my Dad has attended in 2 weeks! The last time all of us kids were together was in 2012 when we celebrated our parent's 50th wedding anniversary. My Mom passing was sudden, but her health has been bad for a number of years, and were quite surprised she lasted as long as she did. It happened at home, and was quick. And my Aunt was expected too. My cousins told us at the funeral that she was in real bad shape. She suffered a stroke a couple weeks ago. Then she had another one the morning of Moms funeral. So it was expected too. Doesn't make it any easier though.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:57 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Wow, that's a full plate. You and your family have my sincere condolences.

Both of my parents came from large families. (I have 34 first cousins) There have been times that it felt like we spent all our time at the funeral home. There are things that experience doesn't make any easier.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:29 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Well, my Mom passed away and we had her funeral Saturday. Then yesterday morning we were notified that my Aunt passed away. This will be the 5th funeral my Dad has attended in 2 weeks! The last time all of us kids were together was in 2012 when we celebrated our parent's 50th wedding anniversary. My Mom passing was sudden, but her health has been bad for a number of years, and were quite surprised she lasted as long as she did. It happened at home, and was quick. And my Aunt was expected too. My cousins told us at the funeral that she was in real bad shape. She suffered a stroke a couple weeks ago. Then she had another one the morning of Moms funeral. So it was expected too. Doesn't make it any easier though.
I hate to hear that, John.

Not much to say other than I offer my condolences and if you need to talk, you have my numbers.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:39 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. My Dad will have to completely re-adjust his life now.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:07 AM
HOOTs95PSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear , John...
I went through a period back in 1997 and 98.. Lost most of Dad's side of the family including Dad. Only relative of his I know now is also on the edge.
The hurt from the loss never goes away you just learn to tolerate it more.

I broke down at dad's grave a few weeks ago and it has been 17 years now. I live in a world that he has touched most of his life and all of mine. I live across the street from where I grew up. I swear I can see him sitting on the front porch as he did every day after work.
Right before he died I bought out his business so I would have all the tools. I still get emotional when I break out the carpentry tools.
I drive the same route he did for work except I go another 3 miles further. He worked for a very long time building the subdivision at the top of kyles Lane in Ft. Wright.
I own a Jeep or 3. He is the one who got me into these beasts when he brought home a brand new spanking 1976 Jeep Honcho. I was 12 years old and never looked at another 4x4 except to laugh until I was in my 40's. I have grown fond of some of the others but never owned anything except Jeep.
Just remember the good times you shared with your Mom and others.

I do still have Mom but she decided to live in Florida after Dad died and now is in poor health herself. I don't get to see her nearly enough. I need to a trip to Florida soon.

Been swamped at work all through the holidays with only the main days off. Gonna be one heck of a check this Friday. Looks like I'll be getting the new Michelins sooner than I thought. The truck needs them bad too. Rainy days are very slick.
I have a bunch of new fuel stuff to get installed and will probably be adding to the list before I start replacing the top fuel stuff on this 7.3 to get rid of the leaks.
Which brings me to a question... Is it worth while to delete the exhaust back pressure thing or leave it be till it breaks? and How do you know if it is even working?
I have a new fuel bowl assembly and fuel pump to install and debating on whether to do the delete for the turbo exhaust thing and new up pipes as well. Anyone do this or know much about it. Maybe a link to a thread you know of and I'll read away. From what little time I get to search stuff I haven't found a good thread yet. I'll admit I suck at searching and have done very little yet.

OK I'm done now..
Oh wait , anyone close to northern KY have some nice dually wheels to sell? My old Alcoa's are pitted and nasty looking. I'm thinking maybe getting some plain Jane steelies for it.
Now I'm done..

Old 01-07-2015, 08:14 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Heading to my Aunts funeral shortly.

As to the EBPV. Start it up today, and you'll know it's working if you get that jet engine sound! I never deleted any of mine. Now when I replaced the turbo on my 97 I used to own, the new/rebuilt turbo did not have one. The one on my E99 still works, but haven't had it running since the fall.

It is unplugged on my 02.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ting-temp.html

Here's a thread about the EBPV. Also, at the bottom of this thread is other threads about the EBPV. Some guys use them as an exhaust brake.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:23 PM
HOOTs95PSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link John. It answered the other question I had about the hissing. I have never heard it hiss before this and I have been driving this truck in the winter alot over the last 6 years. The only changes I've done was the 4" exhaust and the big air filter mod this year.

Otherwise it sounds as if I have a functioning EBPV. I'll leave it for now.

Thanks again

Old 01-07-2015, 09:01 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HOOTs95PSD
Thanks for the link John. It answered the other question I had about the hissing. I have never heard it hiss before this and I have been driving this truck in the winter alot over the last 6 years. The only changes I've done was the 4" exhaust and the big air filter mod this year.

Otherwise it sounds as if I have a functioning EBPV. I'll leave it for now.

Thanks again
Those 2 mods will make all the sounds from the turbo intake and exhaust sound much louder. The stock air box on these trucks does a great job at making the turbo quiet. Unfortunately, they are prone to leaking at the seam between the lid and the top of the box, and they don't flow much air compared to aftermarket options. Opening the exhaust just adds to the sounds.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:59 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello Kentucky...enjoy your Saturday.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:28 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
We have some ice up this way. My wife called earlier and said be careful if I have to go somewhere. The end of our road is a steep hill with a stop sign at the bottom. She said as she started down it, she knew she wasn't going to be able to stop, so she just hit the horn and slid right through the intersection. Luckily no one was coming!

Quick Reply: January 2015 BS Thread