Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

2015 Western Tennessee Chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 Western Tennessee Chat

~ Never did seem to be all that many of us out this way, not enough to do a monthly thread it seems. I'm still my same ol' irascible self, and I'd hate to be the last camper on the big river. But here we go anyway...

There is a fair amount of rain fixin' to come in over the next few days, and what I see regarding the temperatures falling looks to me like a fine recipe for ice and snow. I pray to the almighty that I have got things to a point where a man I know who is a youth pastor at a local church on the weekends can get out here and de-fuze a situation with a tall and very dead tree that is hanging towards my shop and utility line.

Mac? All that cover is like to grow back rapidly, but the plan is to strip out all the raggedy trees and funky vines that you may recall me talking about in older posts of mine. The privet hedge bushes are prolific, and the ones I am hacking out have extensive well established root systems in the ground - they will pop back up in no time, and fill in the line with a fresh crop of tall native cover growth that will hold the soil from eroding.

But without the nasty trees and things growing up in the middle of them, I can culture the shrubs so that they form a straight line inside and out that will be beautiful, restore my privacy barrier, and never need special attention.

I have always believed in working WITH nature, not against it.

I also discovered (?) a line of four stranded barbed wire hidden in the tree line at the top of the drop off, and I figure to salvage it and move it down to just the inside of the bushes growing along the road. It will be hid inside of the privet hedge as it grows up, so anyone who gets a notion to sneak onto my property after anything they think they can carry off will be in for a nasty surprise. There is about fifty feet of it, and stakes enough to just plain relocate the whole mess.

I remember shortly after I came home from the navy when there were a lot of abandoned vehicles in the back lot a neighbor told me they saw a county man get out of an SUV and creep up through my side yard to see what I had out back. That isn't going to happen again!

I will have a clean looking side yard, that looks like an estate.

But it will also be the last place on earth a sneak would want to find themselves...
I actually thought about leaving the barbed wire a little bit loose and tangly, so that once someone or some thing got into it, it would hang on to them.

'Be they own damn fault if they try to come through those shrubs now, wouldn't it?

Never mess with a veteran - we were taught things you just don't want to know.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dutch, remind me not to sneak up on anyone past Peckerwood Pt. I'll always let you know if I come that way.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Well y' know - I wasn't a redneck when I retired, but it shore is goin' thataway....

***snnikkkerrrezzz***

Especially with all the wierd things going on these days.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Well y' know - I wasn't a redneck when I retired, but it shore is goin' thataway....

***snnikkkerrrezzz***

Especially with all the wierd things going on these days.
The way I see it, bootcamp teaches you how to get into shape, fight, and shoot. Esentually how to be a redneck! If they could only get a redneck to follow orders.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Ya mean like Gomer Pyle???

Old 01-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Ya mean like Gomer Pyle???
Yea - except there's not too many gay rednecks!

Old 01-04-2015, 10:42 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Happy Sunday to everyone...hope your 2015 is rocking so far! Enjoy your day...

Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
What do ya call a tractor with a rainbow sticker on the back?

A "John Queer"