Talked With Gail Today - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Talked With Gail Today

Old 12-26-2014, 03:38 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Talked With Gail Today

Called her at home yesterday and got no answer, so figured she was (hopefully) with friends on Christmas. Fortunately, I was right! I also called her on Steve's cell, as I didn't have hers, and that's from where she called me back this morning.

She's OK in the light of things, but I've heard her sound cheerier in the past. This had to have been a real tough Holiday season for her.

She asked if there was a place on FTE where we had posted photos of the El Dorado Gathering of the Clan, and I emailed her the URL. I sure hope that they will bring a smile to her face.

She shared with me what her neighbors had done for her, back in the early part of November: They got together one weekend and removed a big Yucca, then weeded and trimmed her desert-scape theme'd front yard, hauling away three dumpsters in the process. She's very fortunate to have good neighbors with a sense of community. I'm sure she is reaping the benefits of Steve being one of the best neighbors that one could have.

Gail also asked me to see if we can determine who might have mistakenly taken a couple of her food serving-ware pieces home with them from El Dorado. She described one as being a large spoon with kind of a "grapevine" pattern to it, and the description of the other was a little-less specific, but I envisioned it as being a large spoon with a fork-style edge.

If anyone recognizes these as not theirs, let me know by PM and we'll make arrangements to get these back to Gail.

Pop

Old 02-14-2015, 03:26 PM
r2millers
Postmaster
r2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud of
Washing my truck this morning and started thinking about Steve. Not exactly how it popped into my head but then wondered if anyone has spoken with Gail lately.
As a family member still, probably not a bad idea to stay in communication with her.

If someone wants to PM me, her number, I'll reach out.

Also, just saw the breakfast gtg date. Maybe she might be interested in attending too?

Old 02-14-2015, 08:32 PM
orng1
Postmaster
orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Everytime I see diesel change price I want to text him. Or to invite him to the truck meet in Stanton.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:29 PM
r2millers
Postmaster
r2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud ofr2millers has much to be proud of
Thanks Pop's for her number.
I reached out to Gail today and she's doing well. She's with her sister today.
She said she talks to Steve everyday and I said that, we too, think of him all the time.
I asked her if she was interested in the GTG on the 22nd but she has a birthday party to go to.
She said she would maybe like to come to the next one.
I told her that, we as FTE, would stay in touch and make sure we invite her to the next one.
She appreciated that and wants to stay in touch.