Notices

Hellwig

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 04:47 PM
dtpatt2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hellwig

Just finished installing my rear anti-sway. I wasn't impressed with Hellwigs instructions. Has anyone ever isntalled one? I hope I installed it right. The shackles that bolt to the bar that is bolted to the frame, are the supposed to stick down 6 inches? I hoep I installed it right. I'll post picture on a web-site then post the link...Thanks

Old 08-15-2003, 01:22 PM
claynewt
Junior User
Hellwig

dtpatt2

I ordered a Hellwig rear bar for my 03 f150 5.4l FX4 Lariat.
I called Hellwig after I too could not feel comfortable w/ instructions and they told me I found 2 typos and that since had a
FX4 that the skid plate for the gas tank stood in the way of one of the frame brackets....apparently Ford threw them a curve in 03 w/ theFX4.

Said they should have it worked out in couple of months.(for those w/ same package). Pretty helpful though.

So don't feel stupid......I didn't get the directions either!

By the way how does the bar work?!!!

Last edited by claynewt; 08-15-2003 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:39 PM
dtpatt2
Elder User
Hellwig

Thanks. for the reply. I think it works nicely. Next week I'll have the camperon it so I'll see how much it improved. I've noticed around town that it doesn't seem as "rolly" in the back.

You get yours for towing?

Old 08-18-2003, 04:21 PM
claynewt
Junior User
Hellwig

No just better handling. Like it tight!

Can't wait till they have one ready for FX4!!

Old 08-19-2003, 08:10 PM
cptslewis
Senior User
Hellwig

I also installed the rear sway on my 98 2wd shortbed F150. The instructions sucked. Also If you screws stick down that low are you sure that you shouldnt have used the shorter ones. Mine came with two diffrent legnth link kit bolts. I used the shorter one I think the longer ones are for dropped vehicles. Also where the bracket attaches to the frame on the drivers side is where i have. 2 brake lines and two fuel lines. I called hellwig and told them that they were idiots for welding the square portion of the bracket and the bolt together. I have it all on but still have not gotten that side tightened up right. Cant get a wrench in between the 3 in between my gas tank and that area. Also Im having contact between the sway bar and the aftermarket exhaust pipes. Im probably going to bring the pipes in front of the pass side tire so their is no poss of interference....

Old 08-19-2003, 08:19 PM
claynewt
Junior User
Hellwig

Damn Cptslewis!!!!

Sounds like I better make sure the new one is going to fit correctly before sweating it out. That would definetly **** me off to not be able to lock it down and get the full potential out of my investment.

Are they going to send a different bracket?

Old 08-20-2003, 08:22 PM
cptslewis
Senior User
Hellwig

No actually I broke out the torch and cut out a new bracket and then just knocked the $&!^ out of the one Hellwig sent till the bolt popped out. Today was my day off and I still didnt get it tightened up. Ill probably leave it that way till after next week when i move the exhaust pipes to their new location. That way their are no more problems.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:40 PM
claynewt
Junior User
Hellwig

TO #@^%HELLLLWWIIIIIIIIIGGIITTT!!!!!!!.............So unds like what you'd scream the first time you read their directions. Ha!

Good luck.