1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Navistar Valve Cover Engine Decal

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 05:19 PM
granny_rocket
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Navistar Valve Cover Engine Decal

The decal on my valve cover started coming off...and because I'm ****-retentive about the strangest things, I want to "fix" it.

I work as a graphic artist and digital printer. I have access to some commercial printing equipment and materials. I'm going to make at least one for my engine BUT thought I'd take a poll and see if anyone else was interested in obtaining one. I'm not selling anything...yet. I was just curious to see if anyone was interested in them. It's easier for me to make a few extra for low cost if others here and of a like mindset want one.

I'm talking about the label that says something like "navistar 7.3 CID turbo diesel" with curb idle rpm and so on and so forth found on the pass. side valve cover.

If anyone is interested I'll put together a cost, etc. Materials are pretty inexpensive but my company will make my pay something for them. Just looking to cover cost.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:45 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the NAVSTAR name trade marked or anything could you get in trouble for making it and selling it

Old 10-31-2014, 06:49 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think there was a bunch of people looking for the belt layout sticker with the dual tensioner as well. It looks like this.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:45 PM
williameub
Senior User
I would be interested. I won't pay for it but I would definitely donate to you for supplies and time.

The dual tensioner sticker is a want also.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:09 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,106 Likes on 2,167 Posts
this will be verging into trademark infringement areas, unless the stickers are obsolete no longer available.
and even then i am not sure what the trademark infringement rules are.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:32 AM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
While something like this may violate the letter of the law, if Navistar were to prosecute a couple of guys for printing a few stickers to put 200k+ Mile versions THEIR engines, I'd be very surprised. ...and I'd forever be a cummins guy from then on!

That said, I need these stickers for my current rebuild, so I'm in for another donation!!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:40 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Just take a pic of what you need to your local sign shop and they'll probably make them.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:49 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by OldWoodsDiesel
While something like this may violate the letter of the law, if Navistar were to prosecute a couple of guys for printing a few stickers to put 200k+ Mile versions THEIR engines, I'd be very surprised. ...and I'd forever be a cummins guy from then on!

That said, I need these stickers for my current rebuild, so I'm in for another donation!!
i really think navistar would not care one way or the other.
but you can bet your bippy their lawyers would attack like a school of piranhas on a bleeding critter in the water if they got wind of it.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:32 AM
granny_rocket
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tjc transport
i really think navistar would not care one way or the other.
but you can bet your bippy their lawyers would attack like a school of piranhas on a bleeding critter in the water if they got wind of it.
well ya'll make very good points and the reason I'm "home" making these is because even if they sold "new" decals, I probably couldn't afford a $20 price tag or whatever they'd charge at the dealer.

That being said, I'm still going to make one for myself. That's not illegal... however if I happened to print a few extra and they happened to find themselves in the mail to other FTE members...I can't predict that outcome. LOL!

I'll see what I can do for the navistar decal and if I find some time today I'll slap together a belt routing diagram as well.

FWIW most sign shops won't just print up a few decals. They would charge you first for artwork (to be setup into their format...) then per piece. If the run is small you'll be charged through the nose. I work for a commercial sign shop, i know!

So no promises but I'll put something together and try and get a few out.

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: looking at least at the valve cover decal, there is no "copyright" mark what-so-ever. There are "R" registered marks on the logos and whatnot but no actual copyright. I may be in the clear...at least for a few pieces.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:36 PM
LeoJr
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I think I just received the last two belt routing stickers in the country. You shouldn't get any lawyers fap'ing about them.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:58 AM
granny_rocket
More Turbo
Happy Holidays ladies and gentlemen...in more ways than one. I realize it's taken me a long long while to reply but things have been a tad busy.

SO i was able to make up a handful of belt routing decals (almost 98% exact) except I made them white with a black imprint. Mine was this way.

I also have a handful of the valve cover decals but only for the 1996 models. I mean I suppose they're the same decal but mine specifically said 1996 so I duplicated that.

I'm allowed to print a few things here and there at my job BUT I am self-regulating myself so my bosses don't get concerned or think I'm taking advantage so if anyone needs another year it'll be a while before I can run some more.

If anyone is interested in a decal I have a few I will part with. I'm not looking for money; you's guys have always helped me out of some major jambs so I would like to think of this as my way of saying thanks! Shoot me a PM with an address and I'll send 'em out. It'll be a first come/first serve and I apologize in advance as I'm very slow at doing things that aren't life priorities. I'll try and get them out asap though.

On a side note is there an easy way to post a pic? Last time I tried posting pics I had to upload them to the site server somewhere then copy a link, stand on my head, rub my belly and then past the link. Just seemed a little too complicated...

Old 12-26-2014, 07:50 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
in either the quick reply or advanced reply box, click on this icon: in the top bar, and then follow the directions. . that is the insert image link.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:00 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty cool. I think the belt decals originally came white with black but with the upgraded tensioner they covered it with black and whit writing.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:44 AM
glovemeister
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Don't really need any of those as an emergency. But would like to snag one of each, for safe keeping when you knock out some more.

The one thing that I really do need is that stickers in the door jambs. Mine are getting a bit loose and faded. I'd really like the ability to replace those and have it looking factory again.