6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

My new 2015 super duty first impression

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine's a Crew Cab, but I used to have a SuperCab.. This thing covers two zip codes now...
Oh and I used the Jeep for plowing my place out.. Just got done as a matter of fact..

Not retired yet here.. I've got a coupla more years left on the inside of the barrel before I can get out...

Old 02-01-2015, 02:02 PM
whiteywhip
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Mine's a Crew Cab, but I used to have a SuperCab.. This thing covers two zip codes now...
Oh and I used the Jeep for plowing my place out.. Just got done as a matter of fact..

Not retired yet here.. I've got a coupla more years left on the inside of the barrel before I can get out...

[IMG]https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ford-trucks.com-

vbulletin/2000x1504/80-image_28e78fc3e0a1ca67c36e993d3dc587a3d8e3b3f2.jpg[/IMG]
love the color......she is really a couple of zip codes long...my supercab is long too but i also love the 37.5 fuel tank.....good luck with her

Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
No real updates but I have to say, with the traction control, in our second winter storm down here in Ft Worth, this truck performs very wel in 4 wheel drive. I have owned 4x4s of all types all my life and none have compared in hazardous driving conditions even close to what this truck does. Keep in mind, I am not taking this mudding but just driving on severe ice and snow on the highway empty. I have also used to it pull my camper in and out of muddy fields returning from motorcycle races and have yet spun a tire. Can't wait to get my lights finished and some of my other projects done on it. I am not commuting on it like i was as I picked up my daughters little car to drive back and forth to work. So, still at 8800 miles since i bought it in October!

Old 02-28-2015, 10:34 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by gwcon
I installed Phillips Extreme Vision. The only downside is getting flashed for people thinking I have my brights on.
Can you provide a part # and or where you got them. Everywhere I have checked says they are not avail for a '15 F350 KR Dually?????

Old 03-03-2015, 10:32 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Can you provide a part # and or where you got them. Everywhere I have checked says they are not avail for a '15 F350 KR Dually?????
Don, has anything in the headlights changed in the headlights since '13 or '14??
Same part number may fit??

Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Don, has anything in the headlights changed in the headlights since '13 or '14??
Same part number may fit??
Thanks 'ppreciate it, I will keep on looking.

The reason I ask because I cannot find a part # for anything other than Phillips Crystal Vision.
Thanks I will continue to search on different years.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:00 PM
94ruck
Mountain Pass

attached pass through wire to lights

wire all pass through wires, checked voltage and tape together for future projects

Not a fan of butt connectors but not much room to work under the left side of the steering wheel. I only used one wire but wanted to get all wired. I made notes and saved with my manual

Retaped the seic bundle of wires

Finished project of driving lights. these were cheap and probably will be replaced by LEDS eventually but want to get something done this cold day.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:32 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice work 94!.. workin under the dash is not fun on these things..

Old 03-06-2015, 01:12 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Thanks. I made the first connection under the hood with a wire spade so i can remove. i made a wire loom but ended up using the wire that came with the lights just to get it up and lit up. I want the loom to look factory when i get done. I am so glad to be done under the steering wheel. My wife came out once and i was actually in reverse seating with my legs over the back of the seat and my shoulders on the floor board. She apparently thought this was quite comical...As stated, i made notes so i know what amperage each wire under the hood and what switch it is wired to for future projects.
There is adequate wiring but big hands in small area made it a little tedious.
I made some nice brackets using 1/8 angle (1x1). But i connected to the piece at the top of the bumper and the Ford metal isn't quite as sturdy as I would like. When i go to LEDs I will probably drill and bolt to the bottom of the bumper. It is kind of hard to reach my block heater plug but i live in Texas so not too worried about that now

Old 03-06-2015, 08:00 AM
OutlawII
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
They are the same as every other year H13 bulbs,I have them in my truck also and they do make a difference.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:01 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by OutlawII
They are the same as every other year H13 bulbs,I have them in my truck also and they do make a difference.
Thank you very much, that is what I was looking for. Armed with that I bought a set, came home popped the hood...well we ain't gonna get to there form here, must access underneath, NOPE, not happin there either. THen I did some research and found out you have to remove the grill and the headlight buckets....who dreamed this up at Ford???

Old 04-06-2015, 10:01 PM
dynosam
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stylish Rides guys, Thanks for the GREAT INFO.......shopping for a 6.7 myself.
This site has helped me with my 2003 F250 5.4 truck several times. 240,000 miles. I ordered it new in 2002. Original belts, hoses and have just replaced fuel pump.
I can't hardly think about not keeping it as we have bonded over all those miles.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:25 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Well, I drove the truck up to Miami OK pulling a 6x12 box trailer with 3 motorcycles and gear. I ran 75 plus all the way up when traffic would let me and got just over 14.5 into the wind. Storming all the way back and various speeds lowered the mpg avg to 14.3. Handles great in the bad weather. wish the lights were better although the cheapies I added helped in low visibility a lot as i could see down low like fog or driving lights should work. I am definitely adding the leds for off road though!

My poor old dad just lost everything he held dear in a shop fire last week. Tools, lather, mill, tractors, bobcat and his beloved F350 6.0 fully bullet proofed fx4. That truck had 80k on it and it looked brand new for a 2005 model. So, heading up to help with the clean up and let him wheel my truck a few days before he picks out a new one. headingup with small tools in the back so very light load. Hoping the north wind dies down and i can make some hay and see some big mpg numbers again. Otherwise, at 10K, my truck has been flawless

Old 04-20-2015, 06:40 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad's shop and all of his stuff. Sounds like he was at least ok though, so that's good.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:34 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
OK, made the round trip back to rural nw Missouri and back to Texas. dad is well on his way to recovery but make sure ya all with shops check you insurance on dwelling, contents and property!!
With that said, I can say that my original trip to KC exceeded my expectations on fuel economy and set the bar that I am struggling to attain. I filled up and hit the road. Of course, there was a head wind while i was driving north on 35 and it kept my mpg around 16.7 at 77 mph. Once turning ne at Wichita, the mpg started gaining with eventually ending up at 18.3 when i filled up.
The ride, oh, the ride is rough and i am so done complaining that I am ordering bilsteins and putting a stop to this rough ride. Other than that, it doesn seem to wonder about a little bit when running down the road and maybe a stabilizer or sway bar to tighten that up a bit. Cleaning exhaust filter- this kills my mileage as well and when i am not pulling a load, it for sure builds up and cleans more. I think it cleaned 3 times in 1200 miles.
Those are the only complaints. she has 11600 miles on her now, looks brand new, operates as new. I am still smiling when i drive it except when empty on rough roads.
i will attempt to get the shock project documented and a test done in the next month as I am driving it to Paducah Ky to start a great motorcycle adventure at the end of the month and dang sure want a smooth ride out there and back.

Quick Reply: My new 2015 super duty first impression