North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

FTE NC Bonfire

Old 10-27-2014, 07:10 AM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok. Does anyone have a problem with a large porkloin marinated and pre wrapped? I will bring one that should cook easy enough and works just like finger food. I can bring that and some chips or whatever. Probably wont spend too much ammo but who knows. Looking foward to sitting around playing guitars with friends and enjoying the fellowship. And some good vittles.

Matt, I do hope you will forgive us if a bear attacks and we use a weapon to defend ourselves. It would make us look like a bunch of hicks on the news explaining how we all beat a bear to death with sticks and firewood because we promised not to use a weapon after consuming. Lol.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 AM
lilmatt119
Senior User
To make myself more clear, as long as you don't plan on drinking til you can't see straight, and you don't get straight stupid when you drink, I don't mind if you have a handgun on your hip for the bear and 'yotes or some other bad day scenario. I will probably sip my suds very slowly and maintain mine. However, that being said, once the suds come out, there will be no more target shooting. The triggers will only be exposed if a bad day scenario becomes reality. Does that make more sense and fairness?

Old 10-27-2014, 08:42 AM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Gotcha. Lol. Just picking on ya Matt. You know we be safe.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:47 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm wichy'all, no booze and guns, though it could make some fantastic story's and most likely get us on the local news, we probably shouldn't.
I'm making a batch of my beans, they don't suck! I'm still debating onwhat else to put in that smoker.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 PM
lilmatt119
Senior User
I have little doubts, otherwise I wouldn't be as easy as I am on the subject lol.

Beans, Beans, good for ya heart...hahaha

Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 PM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Ok. I am going to bring about 4 Coleman chairs, A 6ft. folding picnic table, Some trash bags so we can keep it cleaner than we arrived, I have a kettle grill I can bring if ya'll think I need to, A small propane one for back up, a marinated pork loin, and a couple of bags of chips. Still up in the air on which guitar to bring, May just grab a couple of them and toss them in the truck.

We are still gonna need at least one lantern, a couple of tarps, some forks to stab the meat, plastic spoons, Coffee drinkers you will need a metal coffee pot and clean water. Just typical little things that get overlooked. Everybody jump in.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by wp120470
Ok. I am going to bring about 4 Coleman chairs, A 6ft. folding picnic table, Some trash bags so we can keep it cleaner than we arrived, I have a kettle grill I can bring if ya'll think I need to, A small propane one for back up, a marinated pork loin, and a couple of bags of chips. Still up in the air on which guitar to bring, May just grab a couple of them and toss them in the truck.

We are still gonna need at least one lantern, a couple of tarps, some forks to stab the meat, plastic spoons, Coffee drinkers you will need a metal coffee pot and clean water. Just typical little things that get overlooked. Everybody jump in.
***** if we need more to cook with, I can load up my grill/Smoker and bring it too, along with some utensils, charcoal, and some wood if we need.
Guitar wise, I'd most likely bring my Ovation Celebrity I got not too long ago. Decent guitar, I'll see about getting the action a little better before we go. I'm not a musician by any means, but don't completely suck either.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Any timeline yet? If I can come it would be for the target practice and maybe the meal.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:19 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Any timeline yet? If I can come it would be for the target practice and maybe the meal.
Hey Tony the date is November 15th (so far, and it sounds solid).
Starting time, hasn't been discussed, but I'd imagine by mid morning
I don't see me staying real late, and wont make it an all nighter.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:01 AM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by ubereal2
***** if we need more to cook with, I can load up my grill/Smoker and bring it too, along with some utensils, charcoal, and some wood if we need.
Guitar wise, I'd most likely bring my Ovation Celebrity I got not too long ago. Decent guitar, I'll see about getting the action a little better before we go. I'm not a musician by any means, but don't completely suck either.
I know the feeling Bob. I think I will just pack up the Takamine I just need to restring it first. Might grab one of the Washburns out of the closet and throw a new set on it too. It's been quite a few years since I have tried to do anything serious on one. Still can catch a chord or two to make a sound when I concentrate on it. Definatately have to start limbering up the fingers a couple of times a week till then.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can bring a few chairs. Some wood if needed. A frying pan. Napkins. Breakfast food. I don't do coffee y'all will have to fend for yourselves. Some snacks. Ill bring my guitar and harmonica. (Y'all should bring ear plugs)

Do we need a chainsaw or splitting Axe?

Generator?

Come on Tony. Stay the night. We're all bugging out early after some grub. Tell Bob he's invited.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM
lilmatt119
Senior User
There's a plenty of deadfall for campfire wood. If any one plans to use wood for cooking and has a specific hardwood they prefer you may need to find some and bring it with you, most of what's out there is pine with a little cedar mixed in. I'll have several axes along with me (I like my old school tools), and may be able to remember to grab a chainsaw. I'll also have plenty of hand sanitizer and medical gear, at least one tarp, some shovels, and whatever else I will think of at last minute to bring. Probably grab some snackage (my family has a tradition of the Fudge sticks whenever anything related to camping, fire building, or General Tom-foolery is afoot). Should have a plenty of targets (some paper ones, plastic jugs and bottles, terra cotta pipe, cardboard, so on and so forth.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:17 PM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Guitars bonfire and trucks????? This sounds like the worst thing since sex and ham sandwiches. Lol

For some reason, while reading about the alcohol and shooting bit, I was reminded of a blurb in the USA today.

My office was in the San Fransisco bay area and being from Nc I took a lot of flak for this. They do a little news blurb from every state in one their sections. The NC blurb was about two friends that always played a game when either bought a new hat. Who ever got a new hat would wear it and let the other shoot the button off the top. Unfortunately the last time they played the shooter shot a bit low and killed his friend. The last line of the paragraph was "it is believed alcohol may have been involved".

I think it happend around Charlotte but it's been ten years or so since I read it.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:47 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by wp120470
I know the feeling Bob. I think I will just pack up the Takamine I just need to restring it first. Might grab one of the Washburns out of the closet and throw a new set on it too. It's been quite a few years since I have tried to do anything serious on one. Still can catch a chord or two to make a sound when I concentrate on it. Definatately have to start limbering up the fingers a couple of times a week till then.
I like the Takamine guitars, and have an older Washburn D-10 myself. It actually plays and sounds better than my pertty Alvarez that never is played outdoors.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:27 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guitars bonfire and trucks????? This sounds like the worst thing since sex and ham sandwiches. Lol
So does this mean you're planning on coming?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FTE NC Bonfire