Sponsored by: DP Tuner

engine dies after 2 minutes

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 10:32 PM
2cruel19
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy engine dies after 2 minutes

I am a new owner of a 2000 F350, and today I was driving down the road and the truck stalled. The first thing I checked was the air filter(not knowing that would not cause the truck to die) good thing I check it because it was very dirty(replaced). Then I replaced the fuel filter, and the truck started right up, after about 4 minutes it died, like I turned the truck off, and it would not start again. I drained the water out of the filter (there wasn't any in there but I did it anyway), after I did that it started right up and it idles fine no lights(check engine), after 2 minutes it died again. If I let it sit it will start, but it dies religously at 2 minutes. Like I said it idles fine I can rev it up it seems to run fine but it just dies. Could this be the Fuel relay?

Old 07-12-2003, 11:20 PM
rvfiver
Senior User

Posted this on another thread down this page about a similar problem....

Could very well be the Cam Position Sensor going out. Happened to me and a lot of others as well. You can buy one from Ford for about $180 or international for about half that. Takes either a 10mm or 11mm wrench to replace it. If you need a diagram as to it's location e-mail me at rvfiver at earthlink.net and I will e-mail it back to you. I believe the part number is F7TZ-12K073-A If you have a way to pull the codes from the computer and it reads either PO340 or PO344 the this is your problem

Old 07-13-2003, 06:45 AM
yavapai
Junior User

CPS/CMP [camshaft position sensor] I.H. part # 1825899C93 do not get the one ending in C99,that is for'97 and older PSD'S....and don't buy at ford if you want to save money...LUCK