Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Horrible Shop Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 PM
mxer0022
Cargo Master

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Horrible Shop Experience

this is more of an fyi than anything. though i doubt any of you take your trucks here in the first place. it was time for me to get my head gaskets changed and get studded. after searching for a shop in southern nevada we found out that my wifes childhood friend was the diesel tech at the ford dealership in mesquite and everyone we talked to said he did great work. so after calling around to different shops and getting quotes the ford dealership in mesquite was the cheapest and had the smallest backlog so we decided to take it there.

that was the biggest mistake of my life. it took them 6 weeks to get me my truck back. granted about a week of that was because both my heads were cracked and they wanted $1500 a piece for them so i ordered them online for $1100 to save a little cash. anywho after they got the heads we were told it would be a day and a half to put the truck back together. one day after they got the heads they had a random drug test and the service manager/diesel tech's name came up so he quit before he could get tested. (come to find out later through my cousin who works there a couple times a week that the dude was shooting heroin) So now my heads and studs were put on by a druggie. so since he left they had to have their master tech start putting it back together. A day later he quit because the druggie service manager/diesel tech threatened to take him down with him over a personal vendetta. every time we called to get an update we always got the run around, the truck was being worked on when it wasn't, there was only going to be one tech working on the truck(there were at least 10), and my favorite, i don't know when it is gonna be done. this went on for three weeks until they finally got a new service manager from St. George Ford. when he got there it took him two days to get it running. this was after they had to replace the shift cable, starter harness and master cylinder because they broke them when they lifted the cab. so i go to pick up my truck and i am going over the bill with a fine toothed comb, and i notice an item that just says "cap" and it was $70 so i asked them what cap it was and they said they had to replace the oil filter cap. well i told them the old one didn't leak and wasn't broken so why do i have to pay for it. they took it off the bill and on the way home i didn't remember seeing a new shiny black cap on top of my motor so i popped the hood to look and sure enough there was my old cap in all it's glory. then while crawling under my hood i noticed that my tranny lines were leaking, they cut my wire harness leading to the lights on my bull guard and didn't wire them back up, they left my ebrake cable off and my brake pedal didn't brake until it got passed the gas pedal so my first time driving it i pressed both.

anyways sorry for the rant but do yourselves a favor and avoid this place like the plague.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Randall, that has got to be one of the worst shop horror stories I've EVER heard. That's really a shame because you've taken such good care of your rig. How is the truck running now?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 AM
mxer0022
Cargo Master

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
It's all together now and seems to be running good. Still waiting on the glove box though. Hopefully I won't have to worry about anything for a long time. Thanks for asking William.