6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 09:21 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Mines a 2003 as well

Look into the tech folder for a Post by William4X4 about early ICP replacement from top with turbo On

That what I followed worked Great

Give that man some Reps

Old 07-26-2014, 09:26 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeycars
Okay, did have one number wrong, have sync now! ICV KOEO is 0.13. FPW stayed at 0 for a second during cranking then jumped to 5656. Still showing 85% IPR, ICP still jumping around from 250 to 525, and FICM still 48 volts. I had already gone through the wiring and still no sync, so I 'm sure glad you suggested to check my gauge!!! I'm done for today, it's 100 degrees under my carport with 80% humidity and a heat index of around 110!!!!! Thanks man!!!
I think the 85% would be for the EGR are you sure the PIDs entered are right for IPR, I would look at the Connection for oil soaked , when you say ICP is jumping around at what RPM are you seeing this? you need 500/520 PSI to start the truck if not then you have a leak HPOP/ bad sensor . to get to this ICP and Pig tail pull the FICM , Never mind you already did the IPR you know

Old 07-27-2014, 11:58 AM
mikeycars
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35
Mines a 2003 as well

Look into the tech folder for a Post by William4X4 about early ICP replacement from top with turbo On

That what I followed worked Great

Give that man some Reps
Checked out the post of William4X4, very helpful! I was actually able to unplug my ICP without taking the FICM off the engine. I took off the air intake tubes, and the ground wire on the back intake bolt, along with the bolt, unplugged the FICM and the back 3 injectors and moved the harness out of the way. Then unplugged the IPR, then the ICP. Left the ICP unplugged and put everything else back and tried to start it. It wouldn't start, but it was trying to. First time it has tried to start since this started. So now what, new ICP valve and rescan my values then? There was no oil on the harness, it looks new. Looks like the original ICP and it don't seem to be leaking from what I can see.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
it don't work 100% of the time for some reason did the FICM Plugs all CLICK Back IN!! and the ground loop reattach to intake stud??

your ICP value you posted was bad but not bad enough the code is wrong I wouldn't think

do you have a DVM?? you can double check the ICP sensor and the Harness going to it

Ohm the ICP sensor out with DVM its been a Few have to find the value

also check this

V-REF
TXD=07E0221155
RXF=046245110655
RXD=3010
MTH=006433330000

you could test stuff involved with the ICP sensor all day its up to you Let me know I like to be able to Test all my broken parts and know the Exact reason it Failed

But I think you throw a ICP sensor at it After you check the SGII code for ICP and Also check SGII V-Ref really quick (V-REF should be 5 volts)

Install the sensor its Bad anyways and it should Live again unless something else Blew out since ICP reported Low and Im thinking the HPO system overpressurized!! There is a Presssure safety its been a few I cant remember how it worked if it was mechanical safety Type maybe one the other guys will remember

Old 07-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well I heard some one say Vref. Yes I know it was Benny.
So I'll post the PDF on that little gem.

Sean

Old 07-27-2014, 04:59 PM
mikeycars
Freshman User
Originally Posted by BLADE35
it don't work 100% of the time for some reason did the FICM Plugs all CLICK Back IN!! and the ground loop reattach to intake stud??

your ICP value you posted was bad but not bad enough the code is wrong I wouldn't think

do you have a DVM?? you can double check the ICP sensor and the Harness going to it

Ohm the ICP sensor out with DVM its been a Few have to find the value

also check this

V-REF
TXD=07E0221155
RXF=046245110655
RXD=3010
MTH=006433330000

you could test stuff involved with the ICP sensor all day its up to you Let me know I like to be able to Test all my broken parts and know the Exact reason it Failed

But I think you throw a ICP sensor at it After you check the SGII code for ICP and Also check SGII V-Ref really quick (V-REF should be 5 volts)

Install the sensor its Bad anyways and it should Live again unless something else Blew out since ICP reported Low and Im thinking the HPO system overpressurized!! There is a Presssure safety its been a few I cant remember how it worked if it was mechanical safety Type maybe one the other guys will remember
I've already ordered an ICP sensor and pigtail, should be here Thursday. I'll do the V-REF and ohm out the ICP in the morning and let you know what I find. It's a 100 degrees again and I've had my shower and am kicked back for today!!! I really appreciate all of yall's help, it's awesome to be able to get on here and ask questions and just read all the posts of other peoples experiences!! Let's you know you're not alone!!!

Old 07-27-2014, 05:01 PM
mikeycars
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Well I heard some one say Vref. Yes I know it was Benny.
So I'll post the PDF on that little gem.

Sean
Thanks Sean!!!

Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by mikeycars
Thanks Sean!!!
Your Welcome.
Happy I could help.

Sean

Old 07-28-2014, 01:27 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
thanks Sean

Old 11-03-2014, 11:14 AM
mikeycars
Freshman User
Oil leak

Okay fellas, I need to bother ya'll again. I put a new hpop on my 2003 6.0 and solved my no start issue. When I put it back together and cranked it and let it idle a while to warm up I saw oil leaking under it. Shut it down and found the turbo drain tube was not in the hpop cover fully. Pulled necessary parts and seated tube, put back together, cranked and ran for a long time, no issues! I drove it around for a couple days with no issues then went on a 350 mile round trip last Friday. About 100 miles in I stopped for fuel and noticed oil leaking again, but not as bad. I looked but couldn't really tell where it was coming from. I finished the trip keeping a very close eye on it as it got worse and the entire under carriage is now covered in oil! I lost 2 quarts of oil over all. I pulled the air cleaner and degas bottle out of the way this morning and looked and the tube is backing out again. It's about half to two thirds of the way out. Is this enough to lose that much oil and is it doing this because I didn't put new O-rings on it?? The best I can tell this is where the oil is coming from, but it's kinda hard because there's oil all in there!!! HELP PLEASE!! Oh, the truck runs perfect otherwise, thanks for ya'lls previous help in finding the problem and fixing it!!!

Old 11-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
When you put the tube in did you get it to seat on the tabs?
I found the first time I put mine back that I was not seating
it all the way and did some wiggling around and got it to seat.

You can get a new set of O-rings in the turbo installation kit.

Sean

Old 11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
mikeycars
Freshman User
When you put the tube in did you get it to seat on the tabs?
I found the first time I put mine back that I was not seating
it all the way and did some wiggling around and got it to seat.

You can get a new set of O-rings in the turbo installation kit.

Sean
I took the turbo back off andI think that's where my oil leak is. I didn't have it seated good and I should've put new O-rings on it. I cleaned the oil out of the valley and I'm getting a turbo kit for it tomorrow. All new O-rings and gaskets from now on!!!!! Thanks!!!

Old 11-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Put a little fresh oil on then so they slid into place.
I also used my hand under the turbo once I had it resting
almost in place to give it a little fine adjustment and then
let it drop into place. As I was letting it down I was working
the drain line into the hole on the HPOP cover.
It got to a point where it all slipped into the right place and
that was it.

Sean

Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 PM
mikeycars
Freshman User
Put a little fresh oil on then so they slid into place.
I also used my hand under the turbo once I had it resting
almost in place to give it a little fine adjustment and then
let it drop into place. As I was letting it down I was working
the drain line into the hole on the HPOP cover.
It got to a point where it all slipped into the right place and
that was it.

Sean
10-4!!!!!!!! Thanks again!!

Old 11-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Please let us know how it goes.

Sean

Quick Reply: HELP!!!