Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help quick in middle of oil change REPLY!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Speaking of everything going slower, I hear dial-up is making a comeback LOL

Stewart

Old 07-04-2014, 02:32 PM
BigBlkEX
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Money-Pit
I thought the OP of this thread was discussing the train wreck that happened on the other closed thread....and something about he was going to have some fun with his wife & girlfriend on a pool table?

Lucky sumbitch.
HAHAHAH!!# LMFAO!!! Busted out laughing in Whataburger!!

Old 07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yet more of your bogus "hype" products! When I change my oil I do it the old fashioned way, like Henry Ford intended.

Before you start: Throw that unsafe jack and those jackstands in the trash. Don't attempt this on a flat surface like a cement driveway or on a lift. This is best done on an inconvenient incline in very high grass in a field or on a gravel driveway with sharp rocks. Always keep the engine running while performing the oil change so the most oil gets out of the motor. If possible have a friend rev the motor up as the oil gets low to "free up" that last little bit.

1. Wait until it is midnight (in your timezone) so the sun won't blind you (For safety) and either raining or snowing hard so you will stay hydrated and refreshed during the oil change. (For safety)

2. Let the air out of all 4 tires to lower the truck for more stability. (For safety)

3. Using only a philips head screwdriver and a pair of small needle nose pliers (For safety) remove the drain plug and set it in a cup of sand so it won't roll away. (For safety)

4. Let the oil drain into the neighbors yard. (This step is optional)

5. Put the sandy plug back in and cross-thread it for extra grip. Make sure to use a ratchet and breaker bar. (For safety) Don't stop torquing down on it until it spins freely in the pan.

6. Replace oil or whatever.

7. Prolly a filter in there somewhere too. (For safety)
I knew you would screw it up, here is what you do;> Wait til the everybody goes to bed so they can appreciate the sound of your impact wrench
>Jack it up high and take the wheels off the truck for easy access.
>Run the engine with no water so the oil gets good and hot so it will flow well
>Use a pipe wrench on the plug so you won't have to find the right size wrench
>Put the plug in sand so it won't roll away (you got that part right)
>Take the oil in the pan and dump it on the other side of the neighbors fence (While they are sleeping)
>Put the plug back in and lay on that baby with the impact wrench
>Put garage sale oil back in it to save money and don't worry about the different weights unless it is gear oil.

You're done!, and the neighbors will be impressed that you are maintaining your truck.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by EXv10
Me in bold

Why change it when it is hot ?
I understand oil/lubricants have changed but my Dad taught me the engine should be warm (winter in OH) prior to changing in order to extract as much as possible.

With the advent of new/synthetics/blends is this not as important?

Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mecdac
I understand oil/lubricants have changed but my Dad taught me the engine should be warm (winter in OH) prior to changing in order to extract as much as possible.

With the advent of new/synthetics/blends is this not as important?
But not so hot that it burns your fingers is what I am saying. You might retrieve a tiny bit more when it is warm but it would also slow down the flow if cold......a happy medium.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Money-Pit
I thought the OP of this thread was discussing the train wreck that happened on the other closed thread....and something about he was going to have some fun with his wife & girlfriend on a pool table?

Lucky sumbitch.
ROTFLMAO.....that was good.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I knew you would screw it up, here is what you do;>
>Take the oil in the pan and dump it on the other side of the neighbors fence (While they are sleeping)
And there you go again wasting money like a fool. That oil needs to go BACK into the bottles that the new oil came out of so you can sell it in your next garage sale. Just say "I only ran it for a few miles and didn't like it so I swapped it out, it's like brand new".

Also: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EXv10 again. FFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
And there you go again wasting money like a fool. That oil needs to go BACK into the bottles that the new oil came out of so you can sell it in your next garage sale. Just say "I only ran it for a few miles and didn't like it so I swapped it out, it's like brand new".

Also: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EXv10 again. FFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 AM
FLO98
Senior User
And here I thought it went back into the bottles so you could return it to AutoZone and get your money back because you bought the "wrong type".

Old 07-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

We had a few beers last night and "recycled" my old oil in a burn barrel. Kept the mosquitos away, plus I feel good about helping the environment.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Speed of drain is not an issue. My 2011 came out at about 50 gallons a second. Yes, that was a surprise....and a mess.

As for your drain oil, I just heard the best way to recycle it:

Put it back in the original container, clean it up, put in back of pickup and park at Walmart. Go in and take some pics of the locals for a bit. Come out to find the oil missing and go home with a smile. Works every time.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Originally Posted by carbon coupe

Put it back in the original container, clean it up, put in back of pickup and park at Walmart. Go in and take some pics of the locals for a bit. Come out to find the oil missing and go home with a smile. Works every time.
Once I was remodeling a bathroom and put the old tub full of broken tile and trash back in the new tub box, Put it on a cart in Lowes parking lot to make room for more stuff. When we got back outside, the tub was gone. Problem solved.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:12 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
That reminds me of the time my Jeep Grand Wagoneer was broken into (actually nothing was broken) and they stole all the quarter size slugs out of the cup holder. They do say crooks are dumb.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
That reminds me of the time my Jeep Grand Wagoneer was broken into (actually nothing was broken) and they stole all the quarter size slugs out of the cup holder. They do say crooks are dumb.
They didn't take the slugs at the bank either, I got kicked out... or whoever took them probably did I mean... also I put that Justin Beiber/Hannah Montana mix tape you made back in the tape deck, your welcome. I could have taken it too but I know it's your fav and you would have been crushed

Old 07-05-2014, 02:01 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
They didn't take the slugs at the bank either, I got kicked out... or whoever took them probably did I mean... also I put that Justin Beiber/Hannah Montana mix tape you made back in the tape deck, your welcome. I could have taken it too but I know it's your fav and you would have been crushed

Quick Reply: Help quick in middle of oil change REPLY!!!!!!!!