6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Bumper to Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Map Man 1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper to Bumper

I was thinking about adding a Ranchhand and winch or other brand of bumper to my 14DRW truck......is that going to be ok with Ford? A friend who sells these said Ford is voiding some warranties because of these bumpers.......My truck has the heavy front end and it says on the window sticker "heavy front axle for added front bumper"

Old 06-20-2014, 07:26 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Map Man 1
I was thinking about adding a Ranchhand and winch or other brand of bumper to my 14DRW truck......is that going to be ok with Ford? A friend who sells these said Ford is voiding some warranties because of these bumpers.......My truck has the heavy front end and it says on the window sticker "heavy front axle for added front bumper"
never heard of a warranty invalidated cause of a bumper.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Mud_Man_Dude
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son and I run full replacement Ranch Hands and have done so for three F250's. Never had an issue with Ford warranty. I probably will add them again to my new '15 F250 when it gets here. There are pictures of them in my FTE photo album.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I imagine if you had front suspension issues etc they would look into the bumper more, but I wouldn't worry about a bumper that much. Ask your dealer where you will be servicing it.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Blapensee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right on the top of the radiator (i think) it says something like any aftermarket parts that cause damage may not be covered under warranty... i had a westin full front grille guard and a 3.5 lift and the service department thought it was cool looking. i think your safe but the thing i have realized with owning this truck is doing things that the dealership hasn't seen like mounting 35/12.50 on a 17in wheel, they told me no way they won't fit.. anyone with a drw that has done any google search can see that heck yes you can mount them to a stock wheel.. down south and such places this is common to do i would suggest talking to the actual person that might be fixing your truck in the event of a breakdown. people tend to get dumb about stuff that they haven't seen or never had a request to do before if that makes sense. but after all is said and done i don't see how a bumper and winch would cause harm to your vehicle. the northern pacific f350's that are servicing the railroad track crossing by my house have steel bumpers and those heavy a** train wheels mounted in the front and rear..