Fuse Pannal Melt Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:30 PM
AL_AWAJI
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse Pannal Melt Down

Hi everybody
I have tow things that i hope some body helps me with.
1st I have 2000 4X4 LIMITED FORD EXCURSION 6.8L and today while i was troubleshooting a fuel pump issue (using threads in here thanks to u wonderful people)
I went through all fuses checking them that is after i checked the FP relay behind the radio i found what appears to be a milt down on the upper section .
Fuse number 14 is the worst as shown in the pics.

The thing is that every thing related to those fuses is working including the PCM (i used my scanner to read the trouble code i have now P0232).

P.S does any one knows what the hick is going on? and is it related to my fuel pump issue?

and my second question is related to the red arrow where does this wire or pipe goes and why is it cut (i never notice it until today. it is located under hood on the drivers side.

Thanks a lot for this great forum

Old 05-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Ford'05HG
Elder User
Whoa! Don't own a Ex cursion so can't help you on this one but that looks crazy!

Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
On the under hood wires that is the cruise control harness prevents a fire issue known to that switch it looks like extra looming to me mine is close to that just a little less. As for the rest I'm not help I'm green to the excursions

Old 06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
AL_AWAJI
5th Wheeling
update
the fuse box seems to be ok the only effected one is the 15 amps fuse No 14
But i cannot use it since the clips were damaged i tried to find those clips for the fuse but no can do (I live in middle east and my car is rear).

Is there any way of rewiring that fuse or move it some where else.
P,S Any advice will help.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM
AL_AWAJI
5th Wheeling
No Solution!!!

Ford'05HG
superdave02f552
thank u both for replying

superdave02f552 that is not the issue with me there was no leaks (thanks god).
any way i think this will do for the time being.

here is my UPDATE
I connected an extension to the fuse connection pins after i cleaned it.

is that ok for temp repair until i could get my hands on a new or used CENTERAL JUNCTION BOX CJB.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
Hey I parted out a 2000 limited recently, I sold the body to another guy that I became good friends with in a short period of time let me ask him if he has any plans for the fuse panel if not I will send it out to you.

Side note I wish I could get this old timer on here he currently has 6 excursions that he bought as salvage and is fixing all of them in one way or another with parts from my truck it is crazy.

The best one is the 42 k 2004 that he just got something fell on the roof and he will section part of mine in.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by superdave02f552
Side note I wish I could get this old timer on here he currently has 6 excursions that he bought as salvage and is fixing all of them in one way or another with parts from my truck it is crazy.
Where's he located? Maybe I can talk him into relocating a 6.0 in the front half of my X

Old 07-16-2014, 11:21 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
He is about six blocks from me it's crazy

We are in Ramsey Minnesota

Old 07-20-2014, 06:28 AM
Ford'05HG
Elder User
Originally Posted by AL_AWAJI
Ford'05HG
superdave02f552
thank u both for replying

superdave02f552 that is not the issue with me there was no leaks (thanks god).
any way i think this will do for the time being.

here is my UPDATE
I connected an extension to the fuse connection pins after i cleaned it.

is that ok for temp repair until i could get my hands on a new or used CENTERAL JUNCTION BOX CJB.
It should be fine as long as you make sure the wires in the fuse slot cannot make any connections. That fuse burned up for a reason and if it runs without a fuse it might burn up way more. What does the fuse power any ways? Is it absolutely necessary to have it in there currently? You should seek out the root of the problem before ever replacing things because there could be a lot more you would need to do to make sure it's safe.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Lance Helmert
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
In the first pictures, it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look blue like the other 15 amp fuses. I realize it's burnt, but I think they had the wrong fuse installed. Also the #13 fuse above it had a 15 amp fuse instead of the 20 it should have. If it had a short and a larger fuse was put in, that could be the cause of the excessive heat without blowing the fuse.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:22 AM
AL_AWAJI
5th Wheeling
Thumbs up

Hey I parted out a 2000 limited recently, I sold the body to another guy that I became good friends with in a short period of time let me ask him if he has any plans for the fuse panel if not I will send it out to you.
will thank you for your offer but sadly i will have to refuse your help and spear you the effort since it will cost may be more than 100$ and that is because My story short is this:
I live in Middle East in Saudi Arabia and i did not not like small cars and i want to be distinguished so the X was for me was as a gift from ford so I bought a 2000 4X4 LIMITED FORD EXCURSION and from the first sight it was love with that elegant beast.
And since this car is rear in my country (people here do not like cars which r not popular due to spare parts issues and maintenance) most workshops and technicians tend to avoid having my car fixed in there shop (by the years I found out that even ford dealer techs have no clue or very little about most systems in the car and lots of issues emerged between me and ford main dealer in the capital city Thaw it is one of the biggest Arab golf countries capital I live in middle east in Arab golf) .

Finally ford stopped selling this model and I was left with MORE than one issue especially spar parts even ford dealer will not order any unless i agree to pay shipping charges plus the already high priced part.

I knew from the beginning that it was up to me to take care and maintain my monster (and I think I did fairly good having almost 500000 KM and still smoothly running ) I even have 3 tunes for my X and did some upgrades.

so I don't miss any chance from any source to help me do it (OWNED Ford Workshop Repair DVDs 97-2004 models plus a HAYNES MANUAL (Ford Super Duty Pick-up and Excursion Haynes Repair Manual covering all Ford Super Duty F-250 and F-350 Pick-ups and Excursion models for 1999 through 2004 plus googling the net ) and from there on I gave no excuse to any tech or mechanic the chance to say (( sorry sir we are not familiar with your car because I get ready before going to them by reading and gathering info and pics (even you tube videos ) then I stay with them to translate and explain manuals or procedures in Arabic for my country people or English for other incomers.
And that is why i DON'T want to trouble u

but if u can get the peace from your friend and there is a way so i pay the shipment fee that will be gust great (CJB price from dealer here is about 550$)

The best one is the 42 k 2004 that he just got something fell on the roof and he will section part of mine in.
I wish i could be lucky for once in my live to only meet some like your friend may be in another live

Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 AM
AL_AWAJI
5th Wheeling
Red face

Originally Posted by Ford'05HG
It should be fine as long as you make sure the wires in the fuse slot cannot make any connections. That fuse burned up for a reason and if it runs without a fuse it might burn up way more. What does the fuse power any ways? Is it absolutely necessary to have it in there currently? You should seek out the root of the problem before ever replacing things because there could be a lot more you would need to do to make sure it's safe.
will u r 100% right i already made sure that the wires in the fuse slot will not and cannot make any short connections.
and yes it was my mistake (my sun reminded me lately ) i was on a trip in the desert and had a 15 amps fuse short out and yes i did replaced it with a a 25 amps fuse to be changed as soon as i get home but it just went black on my mind.

Is it absolutely necessary to have it in there currently?
I will say yes to that because it is for Dome Lamp, Cargo Lamp, Courtesy Lamps, Running Boards, Power Mirrors, Vanity Mirrors, Map Lamps, Under-hood Lamps, Glove Box Lamp,an most important Power Windows (Delayed
Accessory).
thanks alot for your advice i will pay more attention in the future.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:50 AM
AL_AWAJI
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Lance Helmert
In the first pictures, it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look blue like the other 15 amp fuses. I realize it's burnt, but I think they had the wrong fuse installed.
yes it is not blue it is natural as i explained to Ford'05HG in the previous reply
i was on a trip in the desert and had a 15 amps fuse short out and yes i did replaced it with a a 25 amps fuse to be changed as soon as i get home but it just went black on my mind.

Originally Posted by Lance Helmert
Also the #13 fuse above it had a 15 amp fuse instead of the 20 it should have. If it had a short and a larger fuse was put in, that could be the cause of the excessive heat without blowing the fuse.
waw u r a sharp scanner yes that is for the horns i up graded the 2 horns to 4 ford oem horns.
thanks for noting that