Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No High Beam Light on Dash

Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 AM
JacksonJL
Junior User
JacksonJL is starting off with a positive reputation.
No High Beam Light on Dash

I've been giving my truck a little TLC the last couple of weeks, starting with tracking down a fuel leak. I replaced the passenger side fuel line from the bowl to the head, which was leaking under the support bracket. I had the batteries disconnected for the work, and now the light on the cluster for the high beams does not come on. The high beam lights work if I flip them on, but I don't get the indicator light. I *think* that everything else is working fine, and best of all no more fuel smell in the cab!

I've searched for info on the high beam light, but have only come up with threads about the actual high beams not working. Like I said, my lights work, it's just the indicator that doesn't. Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN
Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
The bulb might just be burned out, not too hard to replace.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:37 AM
JacksonJL
Junior User
JacksonJL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Of course, thanks. For some reason I was thinking that it was just a few bulbs for the whole cluster, but that wouldn't make sense for the indicator lights. Looks like I'll be opening up the dash for the first time.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:17 PM
glockholiday
Elder User
glockholiday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glockholiday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You're lucky I hate staring at that blue light, I don't know why it has to be the brightest on the dash. If I ever have to go into the dash mine is getting removed.