1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT sort of... Had to block another one today

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 AM
Normalbloke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the internet, you'll all get over it.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I must post, I really dislike post about complaint posts.

We're lucky with the format of this site. I am a member of a couple of Yahoo! forums. The format used there is every post is sent out via email so you get every post no matter if you're interested in the subject or not. What makes it worse is the guys on the forums don't know how to use them. The first person will post a subject, then a second person will reply without deleting the first post in his reply, then a third will do the same and so on. Before long you will get emails with the original, and subsequent posts, repeated over and over. The messages are stored on the forum site but with all the reposted comments it's next to impossible to search the forum site for any information that might have been posted last month or six months ago. And to add to this the member tend to change subject matter half way through the emailings. It might start out with asking a question about wheel color and within a day the subject changes to gas tank repair. Many times the members start posting personal messages to each other that have absolutely to do with the primary subject. It's almost impossible to post pictures, not nearly as easy as on format that FTE and most other discussion groups use. There have been many angry members who want out of the emails because the emails tend to clog up mailboxes with useless discussions. It's a mess but I figure it must be a cheap way to go. I set up a discussion board on the HAMB, which uses the same basic format as FTE but the members on one board are to stubborn to switch to a format that they aren't used to or that they actually would have to log into and look through a list of subjects. Many remind me of the ladies on the insurance commercial discussing their pictures on their wall.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by yamagrant
I had a girl like this back in the good ole days, ole hell I still got her but her hair is different color.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:49 PM
dmack91
Elder User
I feel fortunate that I found this site as everyone is helpful and very few testosterone junkies with no practical experience seem to troll here (and if they do, they don't last long).

I have done two trucks in the last few years and, between this site and the 67-72 Che*y site, I have been fortunate.

My wife wants a 60's Camaro or chevelle, and I am not looking forward to trying to find any helpful info on a forum without the trolls chiming in all the time.

Thanks to all on this site for being normal.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by dmack91
Were you around for the Julie post?!!!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:41 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Now it's blocked for everyone!!!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:51 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
I had a girl like this back in the good ole days, ole hell I still got her but her hair is different color.
Your girl had a tail and pointy ears?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM
drptop70ss
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dmack91
I feel fortunate that I found this site as everyone is helpful and very few testosterone junkies with no practical experience seem to troll here (and if they do, they don't last long).

I have done two trucks in the last few years and, between this site and the 67-72 Che*y site, I have been fortunate.

My wife wants a 60's Camaro or chevelle, and I am not looking forward to trying to find any helpful info on a forum without the trolls chiming in all the time.

You can hit me up for all the camaro and chevelle info you need, I have owned close to 50 chevelles and still have 4. Did the camaro thing for awhile too, 68 RS, multiple 69s, many 2nd gens. Sold them all other than an S trim supercharged 95 Z28 I still have in the corner. Got bored with them and now messing with 1930s and up.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Cat906
Senior User
I gotta say, you guys, after being active here for a relatively short time, I've really been struck by the camaraderie that you all have. And despite me being a girl with zero practical knowledge, you've all been very welcoming and haven't given me the derisive comments I was expecting to get. Sure, there may be more gently forums out there, but you guys don't blast people out of the water like I've seen elsewhere, either.

You give each other a good ribbing every now and again, but I've always been able to tell it's good-natured joking... Like you all are sitting around in a garage having a beer or two together.

It occurred to me, while reading the recently closed thread, that most of us here are secure enough in ourselves that we can own up to when we are wrong or don't know something. I've seen a lot of you guys post pics of things you don't know about or have 'fessed up to goofs. But when you have that security of self, it's hard to understand people who might not have that confidence. (I'm not singling out any one person here, but making a general observation about people in general.) And so, sometimes, when someone needs to vent and their rational thought has left them, they cannot admit to being in the wrong. And that is very frustrating to those around them who still have their logic available. That is the moment when drama ensues- rational thoughts trying to prevail upon an irrational mindset will only force those incapable of logic to cling to the irrational belief even more tightly and it becomes a big nasty circle of rational thought vs. irrational.

Maybe trying to convince a person that their belief is wrong isn't entirely helpful and we can find a way that will help alleviate someone's frustrations other than arguing with them....

I know that was way more philosophical than usually happens here. But given the upswing of venting lately, I thought it was food for thought and might help in the future.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Cat906
I gotta say, you guys, after being active here for a relatively short time, I've really been struck by the camaraderie that you all have. And despite me being a girl with zero practical knowledge, you've all been very welcoming and haven't given me the derisive comments I was expecting to get. Sure, there may be more gently forums out there, but you guys don't blast people out of the water like I've seen elsewhere, either.
Did anyone tell you about the "girl" rule on this board? If you're a girl you're suppose to post pictures of yourself.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Cat906
Senior User
There's one out there from around Christmas time.... Not paying attention, were you? But I'll post one I just came across on hubby's FB today while looking for a pic of our RV...

Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
I guess I forgot about the Christmas post. We're men, what can you expect? We like pictures and especially pictures of pretty girls

Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Cat906
Senior User
HA! The Christmas pic was sans makeup and followed 8 hours of driving. Pretty girl my A$$!

Stick with Farrah Fawcet posters and Cindy Crawford videos, boys!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:12 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Naw, I'll take a country gal anytime.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
So, Cat's a girl and confirmed (after past experiences confirmation is required)
She likes old trucks.
She isn't afraid to take a picture without makeup (gotta find that one)
She can confuse us with big fancy words like "philosophical" and "rational" (and yes I copied and pasted philosophical, because I suck as spelling)
She can tolerate us. ( I think we ran Carlene off.)

Sounds like Cat's husband is a pretty fortunate guy.

Quick Reply: OT sort of... Had to block another one today