1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Spring is here, what up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:56 AM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
I'll be finishing up my "last" project. After 8+ years of work/fun it will be on the road. If anyone is interested I will post a built thread here probably in the Fall.

__________________________________________________ ___
48 Ford F1 - Darkside
46 Ford Tudor - Street Rod

"Happiness - 3 pedals and a 5 speed"

Old 03-26-2014, 08:18 AM
ChuckRob
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were painting the rear fenders today. Parts to finish the air conditioner are ordered and the headliner material is ordered. Hope to have the truck on the road by the end of April.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChuckRob
Were painting the rear fenders today. Parts to finish the air conditioner are ordered and the headliner material is ordered. Hope to have the truck on the road by the end of April.
Are you going to point that truck north east heading toreds Ohio the first week of June?!Hint hint!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Nojive55
Senior User
Though I have done the bare minimum so far on an older restoration, brakes and cooling system, I just plan on finally driving it then fix whatever breaks or quits working. I do have a pair of tool boxes I need to install (under the flatbed) and the headliner. Thats it for now.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I love it, I really enjoy everyone's day to day work on there trucks. It doesn't matter if its a completed truck, or scraping the years of gunk off a newly acquired frame. For me it inspires me to go do something else on mine. This is an exciting time of the year, the garage doors are opening and I'm starting to see quite a few nice rides around town. I'm sorry, I did not realize those of you in the northern areas are still getting snow, I didnt mean to tease you, hopefully it will warm up for you guys real soon. Thanks for all the response's, looking forward to more. I just love this place! PS Jeremy, to answer your question, my old trans cover has ben cut and patched by so many different people, I don't think I could do it justice with my current skills, so I just bought one. Maybe I could use the old one for practice, thanks for the thought.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:51 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by big job
Spring is here, ya right we just put all the plows back on!!
Love your work trucks!

Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 PM
rhopper
Fleet Mechanic

I'm going to do the interior, working on the headliner now. Might make some more progress on the a/c. Other than that, drive it.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM
mercman55
New User
Hey there,I`m on this site every day and this is my first post,I have a 55 mercury that I have owned for the last 25 years,in fact it was the first vehicle I ever bought.I have not drove it in the last 10 years so Iam getting it ready to roll.I did the toyota power steering swap and have not tried it yet as well as new tires and rad from mid fifties

Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by mercman55
Hey there,I`m on this site every day and this is my first post,I have a 55 mercury that I have owned for the last 25 years,in fact it was the first vehicle I ever bought.I have not drove it in the last 10 years so Iam getting it ready to roll.I did the toyota power steering swap and have not tried it yet as well as new tires and rad from mid fifties
Thanks for posting mercman! Hope you get the '55 back on the road soon.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:09 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome mercman.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Mr Mercury, might we please see some pictures?
"Please sir, just a little bit more??"
"More?" (thundering and sneering) "He wants more?"
Laughing, the crowd throws gruel (or pictures) at boy.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 48 Steel
I'll be finishing up my "last" project. After 8+ years of work/fun it will be on the road. If anyone is interested I will post a built thread here probably in the Fall.
Yes! I want to see your build thread so please do post it. And I really like your 3rd brake light and the color of your truck, and of course the reverse tilt hood that you engineered! The truck looks great, looks like you do really great work.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
I got it running today and actually drove it for the first time, but just in the driveway. Found out two things right away, it takes off very quick and the brakes work great. I took off much faster than I thought and had to stop quick since my driveway isn't very long and there is a gate
I also woke up any neighbors who might have been taking an afternoon nap as so far I have only headers. Sorry, no pics since I was the only one here...

Old 03-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by topmoo
I got it running today and actually drove it for the first time, but just in the driveway. Found out two things right away, it takes off very quick and the brakes work great. I took off much faster than I thought and had to stop quick since my driveway isn't very long and there is a gate
I also woke up any neighbors who might have been taking an afternoon nap as so far I have only headers. Sorry, no pics since I was the only one here...
Congratulations! WooHoo!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:50 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
Congratulations! WooHoo!
Thanks! It is a great feeling and I haven't stopped smiling yet!

Quick Reply: Spring is here, what up?