1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1955 Ford F100 Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Johnnynobody
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1955 Ford F100 Wiring Diagram

Well!, after again, another exhausting search for what I thought would be a reasonable request for a COMPLETE, WAIT,,,, LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN! A COMPLETE wiring diagram.... not the dash, pretty colored one, not the one that's incomplete, the colored, pretty one is INCOMPLETE! I SAY AGAIN, INCOMPLETE! No heater, no starter button, no wiring motor! sending me individual diagrams for each is also not helpful as the wiring colors are listed different. The wiring diagram I need is in the back of the shop manual... THE COMPLETE SIMPLE WIRING DIAGRAM! THAT SHOWS EVERYTHING! but no,,,, it is simple not to be... Yes, I know,,, go and buy a shop manual... of course I did! it only takes four weeks to get it! due to the total inability for the Vendors... who will remain nameless,,,, unless you really want me to bash them after spending well over a thousand dollars in the last week! But I digress! no where on this forum is there a COMPLETE SIMPLE WIRING DIAGRAM INCLUDING HEATER, WIPER, STARTER BUTTON IS A POSSIBILITY.... Must be made of platinum or a misunderstanding that there is a complete wiring diagram in the back of the shop manual.......................... with the complete info..................wiper motor, heater motor, starter button? not separately,,,, all together..............not the pretty colored useless ones........the complete one...... sorry for the rant........ but thank goodness for the 1st amendment,,, and MOSTLY FOR THE HOT SKINNY CHICK ADVERTISING FOR KOHLS THAT APPEARS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE D***NM SCREEN.... I THINK I LIKE THAT THE BEST ALONG WITH ALL THE POPUP ADVERTISING! RIGHT DEAD CENTER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN. YOU KNOW.... WHERE WE ALL READ INFO? NOT THAT I PREFER TO LOOK AT ALL THAT WONDERFUL ADVERTISING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE POST! I RATHER ENJOY IT! AS A MATTER OF FACT I THINK I WILL RUN UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS WITH A SHARP PENCIL! OH JOY! MAYBE SOMEHTING WILL CHANGE OR I WILL WASTE SOMEONE ELSES TIME READING MY POST WHO THINKS ADVERTISING IN THE MIDDLE OF POST ARE OK? THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF BLOGS, FORUMS, ETC... IS FOR SHARING INFO! NOT FOR MAKING MONEY... HOWEVER YOU WILL DISAGREE, LET ME ASK,,, WHY DID YOU BOTHER STARTING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE? WAS IT TO GET RICH AND TOTALLY DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF ACTUALLY READING ANYONES POST WITH ADVERTISING COVERING THE POST? SELL OUTS! CLOSE IT DOWN! FIVE ADVERTISING POP UPS IN THE MIDDLE OF POST? REALLY?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Branded
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummmmm........ I think you need to lay off the caffeine .

Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Have you tried a popup blocker. I use Chrome and a popup blocker and I don't get as many ads as others get. I have never gotten one in the middle of the screen here.

As far as the wiring diagram. I don't have my manual in front of me but this one is on Earl's World. It says it's for a flathead engine, but I think it looks just like the one in the manual.

I can double check my manual when I get home this evening.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Good help, Harrier.

Johnny - easy there big guy. If you haven't already figured it out, there is some frustration in dealing with old iron: rusty nuts, questionable work by POs, too much time, too little money, hard to find parts, yada, yada, yada. A slightly incomplete wiring diagram -not a problem unique to the 55s by the way - well...

Old 03-13-2014, 10:46 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
fustrating aint it....actually wiring these is really 5th grade science 101 class.
In the diagram above I already see 5 things wrong can anyone see it. I can
fab these harnesses blindfolded in a half hour. Accesories like heaters fans
electric wipers cig. lighters usually are not in prints they were all add on'd from the owner or the dealer shuch as arrow lites.
So whats your pleasure; 1955 6vt pos ground or 12 vt neg ground 6 or v8
dont matter. as far as pop ups etc. I have found google chrome is screwing
around again so I got rid of them & got this foxfire thingy works fine.
I would make a list of what you want, what you want things to do take each
item and start making a harness. One thing you want to do, is a plug connector on the instrument panel about 2 feet. Relocate the circut breaker
on the firewall or kick panel, so in the future if need be disconeck the speedometer cable remove the four screws and work on the panel on your
lap. They must have had insects in the factory to insert instrument
panels in the factory, a terrible thing to get out. Later on like in the 70's
remove panel unplug the harness done that it.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-13-2014, 12:18 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Originally Posted by big job
fustrating aint it....actually wiring these is really 5th grade science 101 class.
In the diagram above I already see 5 things wrong can anyone see it. I can
fab these harnesses blindfolded in a half hour. Accesories like heaters fans
electric wipers cig. lighters usually are not in prints they were all add on'd from the owner or the dealer shuch as arrow lites.
So whats your pleasure; 1955 6vt pos ground or 12 vt neg ground 6 or v8
dont matter. as far as pop ups etc. I have found google chrome is screwing
around again so I got rid of them & got this foxfire thingy works fine.
I would make a list of what you want, what you want things to do take each
item and start making a harness. One thing you want to do, is a plug connector on the instrument panel about 2 feet. Relocate the circut breaker
on the firewall or kick panel, so in the future if need be disconeck the speedometer cable remove the four screws and work on the panel on your
lap. They must have had insects in the factory to insert instrument
panels in the factory, a terrible thing to get out. Later on like in the 70's
remove panel unplug the harness done that it.
5th grade wiring 101? maybe they used 5th graders to install the instrument clusters !

Old 03-13-2014, 12:58 PM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Johnny,
The pop-up advertising is annoying. If you want to get rid of it - join the site for $20 & you get minimal advertising & the ability to post directly from your hard drive. It's probably worth it to reduce your aggravation...

Take a step back & take it easy over there.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 03-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by big job
I can
fab these harnesses blindfolded in a half hour.
Are you taking orders?

Old 03-13-2014, 02:10 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Are you taking orders?
I'll take one and next day air it to me so I have it tomorrow, so my 5th grade son can install on Saturday

Old 03-13-2014, 03:19 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Kevin you was on a 5th grade kick on another thread today.
What's up with that?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:03 PM
ETOWN55
Senior User
This diagram is real helpful. I need to wire up the gauges and sensors on my 55

Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by ETOWN55
This diagram is real helpful. I need to wire up the gauges and sensors on my 55
Hello Etown! Why don't you start a new thread and introduce yourself? You'll want to share a pic or two of your '55. Look forward to seeing your ride.

DW

Old 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
ETOWN55
Senior User
I sure will once I get out of work.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:14 AM
Steven 55
New User
Steven 55

Originally Posted by Harrier
Have you tried a popup blocker. I use Chrome and a popup blocker and I don't get as many ads as others get. I have never gotten one in the middle of the screen here.

As far as the wiring diagram. I don't have my manual in front of me but this one is on Earl's World. It says it's for a flathead engine, but I think it looks just like the one in the manual.

I can double check my manual when I get home this evening.
I am glad I read this post , my 55 F 600 I recently converted to 12 neg ground . I had installed new LED lights and they won’t work pos ground . Now I am at the turn signal switch wondering which goes where . I will continue to wire my truck as necessary, installing a primary fuse with half dozen circuits. If I have to I can add in a newer control for the turn signals . Fear is a harness , be brave . Fuses are cheap !

Old 06-10-2021, 08:37 AM
hooler1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts
This might help. Its the wiring instructions for a stock turn signal switch from the Mid Fifty web site. You can access various instructions from their home page, just look for instructions in the upper right hand banner, give it click and keep scrolling down. A great resource!

Attached Images

Quick Reply: 1955 Ford F100 Wiring Diagram