Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Spring mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Island'r
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear Spring mounts...

So I've got some extra cash on hand, and I need to start getting parts together for the repairs on the truck this year.

I wanna do the rear leaf spring mount as they are in a bit rough of shape. Good enough for driving around but I want to get a camper, as well as be able to haul firewood without punching my springs through the box... The mounts are pretty rotted, and a few of the rivets look like they're ready to pull through.

Now, I remember seeing a thread on here that was a "how-to" on doing it, as well as the source for getting the replacement mounts. I've searched on here and cant seem to find it now..

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ford wants nearly $100/side and I remember there being a cheaper option.

Probably gonna do the shackles as well seeing as I'll likely have to destroy the one bolt anyways.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:21 PM
fordka
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well i have a good used set off a 88 f150. They have surface rust but not rotted out. Pm me if your interested.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 AM
ATS Junior
SPONSOR
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Island'r
So I've got some extra cash on hand, and I need to start getting parts together for the repairs on the truck this year.

I wanna do the rear leaf spring mount as they are in a bit rough of shape. Good enough for driving around but I want to get a camper, as well as be able to haul firewood without punching my springs through the box... The mounts are pretty rotted, and a few of the rivets look like they're ready to pull through.

Now, I remember seeing a thread on here that was a "how-to" on doing it, as well as the source for getting the replacement mounts. I've searched on here and cant seem to find it now..

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ford wants nearly $100/side and I remember there being a cheaper option.

Probably gonna do the shackles as well seeing as I'll likely have to destroy the one bolt anyways.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
We have entire hanger/shackle kits available. We include new Grade 8 hanger mounting bolts and grade 8 Spring Eye Bolts so you can basically cut or torch everything off and replace them with the new stuff. The process is fairly easy.

If you want to send me a PM I'd be more than happy to send you some pricing!

-Junior

Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
find the rusty ford frame fix I posted years back....if your hangers are rusty, the frame in between likely aint doing too well either

Old 03-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Island'r
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ATS Junior
We have entire hanger/shackle kits available. We include new Grade 8 hanger mounting bolts and grade 8 Spring Eye Bolts so you can basically cut or torch everything off and replace them with the new stuff. The process is fairly easy.

If you want to send me a PM I'd be more than happy to send you some pricing!

-Junior
PM sent

Originally Posted by quaddriver
find the rusty ford frame fix I posted years back....if your hangers are rusty, the frame in between likely aint doing too well either
Frame is near perfect on the truck as well as everything else. The truck was obviously undercoated before it originally left the dealership, so everything is holding up quite nicely... except the spring mounts. They're not terrible and would probably be fine for years to come, but I'm not one to rely on "probably's" Like I Said the rivets are the scariest part of them, they look like they're on their way to letting loose.