1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do you guy`s buy your rims and tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 07:24 PM
winginit
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
where do you guy`s buy your rims and tires ?

Hi. I have a f250 lariat with 18`s i want to put on a little bigger tire and new rims for a wider tire. is their internet store that have the rim tires combo mouted and balanced ? or should i go to a place like town fair tire?

I prefer a wbesite where i can put in my info and it gives me the choices, around here if i dont buy the tires they wont mount them,so if i get them pre mouted i can put them on thanks!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 PM
dscabra
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was shopping for my wheels and tires, I found what I wanted and then shopped around locally as well as on the Internet. I ended up getting the best deal from a seller on eBay. Factoring in not paying sales tax and including the freight charges, I still came out several hundred dollars cheaper than any local shop could do. Mine included mounting and balancing, caps, lugs, chrome stems (8 of them - two per wheel). They were shipped on a pallet. I picked them up at the freight terminal - loaded directly into my truck via fork lift.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM
winginit
Elder User
Originally Posted by dscabra
When I was shopping for my wheels and tires, I found what I wanted and then shopped around locally as well as on the Internet. I ended up getting the best deal from a seller on eBay. Factoring in not paying sales tax and including the freight charges, I still came out several hundred dollars cheaper than any local shop could do. Mine included mounting and balancing, caps, lugs, chrome stems (8 of them - two per wheel). They were shipped on a pallet. I picked them up at the freight terminal - loaded directly into my truck via fork lift.
Thank you for the info. I didn`t think of Ebay.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
Buy local and buy American made.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:27 PM
GOT-DRT
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
There's a place in Bridgeport called tires & wheels he will beat Internet prices

Old 03-02-2014, 09:28 PM
winginit
Elder User
Originally Posted by redford
Buy local and buy American made.
I agree, I was looking around Ebay and noticed they are made in china, kind of a turn off, i like the stock rims i may just get tires, but larger more agressive.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 PM
rdinmv
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
There are very few American Made wheels vs tons of Chinese ones. I bought some 2012 20" take offs for 600.00 with michelin tires, sold the tires and bought new ones.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:03 AM
shredfit
Freshman User
It's interesting that I've found this out as well. A lot of the local non-chain shops can beat or match internet prices... I was shocked to find this out. Plus, do you really know what you are getting off of e-bay? Are the tires/wheels factory seconds or thirds? Will it take an insane amount of weight to get them balanced properly? Who do you go to with a problem, or do you just pay the $200+ to ship them back?

As others have said, buy local

Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 03-03-2014, 06:53 AM
dscabra
Tuned
Originally Posted by shredfit
It's interesting that I've found this out as well. A lot of the local non-chain shops can beat or match internet prices... I was shocked to find this out. Plus, do you really know what you are getting off of e-bay? Are the tires/wheels factory seconds or thirds? Will it take an insane amount of weight to get them balanced properly? Who do you go to with a problem, or do you just pay the $200+ to ship them back?

As others have said, buy local
Believe me, I was doubtful about spending $3,000+ on a tire/wheel combo from anyone but my trusted Discount Tire shop. However, for nearly $600 in savings, I was willing to take a shot. I used a credit card, which gave me a layer of protection as well as eBay's buyer protection coverage. Yes, you need to be careful about who you buy from on eBay, but remember that a lot of small independent shops use eBay to sell to a broader market than their local shop can reach. Do your research and ask your questions and eBay is still a very safe place to shop. As for price matching, I had two local shops give me quotes for the exact same package and the closes quote was still more than $600 away and could not do any better. My wheels and tires arrived perfectly balanced, and have been trouble-free for three years. Two of the center caps were cracked, and the seller replaced them immediately after I contacted him. I get them balanced and rotated at my Discount Tire shop every 5K miles (spent $100.00 for lifetime balance and rotations), so I'm still $500 ahead.

Edit: I found my invoice, and the seller was Steve's Discount Wheels (http://sdwheelcorp.com/).

Old 03-03-2014, 07:01 AM
sammy77
Postmaster
I went thru this place.Welcome - Pacific Wheel Distributors

Had the absolute best pricing on my BMF 20's. Wheels and tires were mounted and delivered to me in perfect condition relatively quick. Shipping is a lot of $$$ on these things though. Might be cheaper finding a place local.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 AM
14_250
Freshman User
I have bought a few sets from Home - Discount Tire Direct without any issues...

Old 03-03-2014, 11:07 AM
BigOl04
Senior User
discount tire direct for my tires, and wheels were from local store here in town

Old 03-03-2014, 09:08 PM
shredfit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by dscabra
Believe me, I was doubtful about spending $3,000+ on a tire/wheel combo from anyone but my trusted Discount Tire shop. However, for nearly $600 in savings, I was willing to take a shot. I used a credit card, which gave me a layer of protection as well as eBay's buyer protection coverage. Yes, you need to be careful about who you buy from on eBay, but remember that a lot of small independent shops use eBay to sell to a broader market than their local shop can reach. Do your research and ask your questions and eBay is still a very safe place to shop. As for price matching, I had two local shops give me quotes for the exact same package and the closes quote was still more than $600 away and could not do any better. My wheels and tires arrived perfectly balanced, and have been trouble-free for three years. Two of the center caps were cracked, and the seller replaced them immediately after I contacted him. I get them balanced and rotated at my Discount Tire shop every 5K miles (spent $100.00 for lifetime balance and rotations), so I'm still $500 ahead.

Edit: I found my invoice, and the seller was Steve's Discount Wheels (SD Wheel Corp).
I understand that some good deals can be made on eBay. However, one really needs to be aware of what you are getting. For example, go buy some Michelin tires at Wal-mart or Sam's Club. Then take them to a Michelin dealer shop with a warranty issue and see what happens. These are not the real deal Michelin tires and the tire shop will not honor the warranty.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:50 AM
02TB250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shredfit

I understand that some good deals can be made on eBay. However, one really needs to be aware of what you are getting. For example, go buy some Michelin tires at Wal-mart or Sam's Club. Then take them to a Michelin dealer shop with a warranty issue and see what happens. These are not the real deal Michelin tires and the tire shop will not honor the warranty.
That's not true. I work for a wholesale club and the reason they are not warrantied is because the warranty come out of the shops pocket abs if they didn't sell the you're they don't want to take the hit. Michelin does not make fake tires. The only slight truth to this is they do make specific models for certain companies such as the weatherwise which is only available through Sears.

Quick Reply: where do you guy`s buy your rims and tires ?