Bad News.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 06:17 PM
boonslick
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad News.

Hello and good evening to all.

This may not be the place for the following but I have to get this off of my chest.

I was informed yesterday that I have severe emphysema and have had it since the late 60's. I have to return for a barrage of tests to determine if it is TERMINAL!

Please, no sympathy nor pity for me as I will continue to live my life to the fullest and I suggest that ALL of you do the same as we never know. Case in point: my first cousins recent demise.

Alan will continue to do my work and I will continue to tinker as best as I can and in reality all of you are really the only family that I have besides my Service Dog. I have made arrangements for her safe keeping with a brother who was planning on being a Veterinarian but he may have to move and besides I am leaving everything to him.

Take care and Godspeed!

Boon

Postscript: Please do not waste a single second doing what you DO NOT ENJOY!!!!!

Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Your head is in the wrong place, Mark. Nothing happens until it happens. No test results are in yet. You have to keep your head in the game. Just take it as it comes and react without over reacting.

You'll be fine. You have a good support group here.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:02 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with Alan. Keep your head in the game. If you think your going to die today, you will die today.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:50 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Its not over till they shovel dirt on you....until then get up and get back into living life to the fullest. Every day past today is the best day because you are still here, so remember that.

The day you do not wake up physically, it won't then matter cause you will be looking down from the heavens above, and be forever happy and debt free to boot.

We are you here for you, you are here for us, so stay in the game. Even if the results are not what you want to hear, you are here on this earth to wake up, get up and do what you can do every day.

And hopefully that involves some friends, fun Ford truck stuff, sun on your face, and wind in your hair. If you are bald, then wind on your brow, and at least you do not have to buy shampoo.

Hang in there, cause we all are. Your friends and family the ol FTE gang.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:01 AM
boonslick
Elder User
Thank you so much for caring.

Originally Posted by earthquake68
Your head is in the wrong place, Mark. Nothing happens until it happens. No test results are in yet. You have to keep your head in the game. Just take it as it comes and react without over reacting.

You'll be fine. You have a good support group here.
Thank you fellows.

Perhaps I was not clear; I have already had and viewed the initial test results which because of a lung infection which is still with me masked the real problem; emphysema.

Take care and Godspeed!

Boon

Postscript: I will NEVER give in or up to any bad news as the good Lord knows. Like many of you I have had more than my share of bad news health wise.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
boonslick
Elder User
Very well put.

Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Its not over till they shovel dirt on you....until then get up and get back into living life to the fullest. Every day past today is the best day because you are still here, so remember that.

The day you do not wake up physically, it won't then matter cause you will be looking down from the heavens above, and be forever happy and debt free to boot.

We are you here for you, you are here for us, so stay in the game. Even if the results are not what you want to hear, you are here on this earth to wake up, get up and do what you can do every day.

And hopefully that involves some friends, fun Ford truck stuff, sun on your face, and wind in your hair. If you are bald, then wind on your brow, and at least you do not have to buy shampoo.

Hang in there, cause we all are. Your friends and family the ol FTE gang.
Hello Rich and how are you?

Words of wisdom from you my friend!

Hey, you, Alan, RC, and myself are members, along with several others, of the "BBC"; the "Bad Back Club" and this has not slowed me down so I will just have to slow down, not out, from my shortness of breath but It WILL NEVER STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will continue to tinker on my truck but not this weekend as we have 1-2" of sleet and freezing rain followed by 7-9" of snow!

I think that I may stay indoors for this period!

You may have read where I used SUPER GLUE on my system board and foolishly thought that it conducts electricity; IT DOES NOT, so I installed a new system board and my 10 year-old Laptop performs like new!!!!!

A word to the wise: DO NOT BE FOOLISH AS ME SO NO SUPERGLUE ON THE SYSTEM BOARD OF ANY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boon