1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

new f100 enthusiast 1 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM
classic55ford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new f100 enthusiast 1 question

I live in cali and I was wondering what's a good price for a no motor no trans 55 f100 I'm basically looking for a project truck and was wondering what's fair
thanks in advance guys

Old 02-24-2014, 05:51 PM
classic55ford
New User
Btw hi I'm John lol I've been reading all the post for about a week now and then got hooked lol

Old 02-24-2014, 05:57 PM
r_reed
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
welcome, don't have an answer for you. suggest you start checking Craig's List, your area and surrounding areas (and poss EBay) to get an idea what people are asking. if you are a member of Ebay, you can see completed listings (sold or unsold) for a better idea.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:02 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
$1500 depending on how solid and completed.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 PM
das54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the best forum ever. Lots of good help here. The only hitch is your dream is probably not like any other and of course there is probably several good paths to get where you want to go. It might help to know what you want. Mine is a cheap driver. Some here have very nice and reliable daily drivers, others have amazing and unique show stoppers. And others have all originally restored trucks. So the usual answer to your question will be something like "pay as much as you can afford to get the closest to what you want" because fixing it up will cost more than paying for what someone else has already completed. btw, I paid $1500 10 years ago, no engine or tranny but included a whole Cordoba IFS donor car.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Body work is the most expensive and/or labor intensive part of a build, so the straighter the sheetmetal, the less rust (rust thru, not surface rust) the more the truck is worth. Always buy the very best condition start you can afford, not the cheapest you can find, it's false economy to think that a basket case pile of iron oxide is going to cost less in the long run. The next most expensive part is all the small parts. Try to find one where the glass is in good shape, and all the instruments are there and useable.
The realistic truth is that a decent looking, safe, dependable, drivable truck is going to cost between 18 and 35K + total, depending on how much work you can do yourself. Yes, there are a few very experienced builders with a garage full of tools, a group of equally talented and enthusiastic friends, and a knack for scrounging parts that have spent slightly less, and an equal number that needed to hire out most/all the work that have spent considerably more. (on a recent episode of Counting Cars they did a build on a 55 F100 for a 60K bill, an average cost for a custom build.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
In our area few come up and the ones that do are fairly pricy now. I`ve had my eye on this one for a while now and while the price does bother me a bit I may give a call on it.
1955 Ford F-100 | classic cars | Saskatoon | Kijiji

Attached Images    
Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 PM
classic55ford
New User
Originally Posted by das54
Welcome to the best forum ever. Lots of good help here. The only hitch is your dream is probably not like any other and of course there is probably several good paths to get where you want to go. It might help to know what you want. Mine is a cheap driver. Some here have very nice and reliable daily drivers, others have amazing and unique show stoppers. And others have all originally restored trucks. So the usual answer to your question will be something like "pay as much as you can afford to get the closest to what you want" because fixing it up will cost more than paying for what someone else has already completed. btw, I paid $1500 10 years ago, no engine or tranny but included a whole Cordoba IFS donor car.
I'm think 460 BB with a 8.71 blower weekend have fun car maybe track it few times a year but it has to be street not track cause I wanna drive it into the ground!!!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:31 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
In our area few come up and the ones that do are fairly pricy now. I`ve had my eye on this one for a while now and while the price does bother me a bit I may give a call on it.
1955 Ford F-100 | classic cars | Saskatoon | Kijiji
Do the rear fenders and bed seem right? Maybe just the pic angle. Like the truck.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:35 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
If you are around the Fresno area you may find what you seek out in a field for not much money. If you are in LA/OC/SD then you will pay more. If/when you are serious then shoot me a PM...I am in the San Diego area and could point you in the right direction.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Fomoko1
Originally Posted by FortyNiner
Do the rear fenders and bed seem right? Maybe just the pic angle. Like the truck.
I think it`s just the angle, this seller always has good quality vehicles for sale.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Giesterfarher™
Senior User
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
If you are around the Fresno area you may find what you seek out in a field for not much money. If you are in LA/OC/SD then you will pay more. If/when you are serious then shoot me a PM...I am in the San Diego area and could point you in the right direction.
Not if I find it first. LOL! Just kidding. But there are two guys here in the Fresno/Kerman area that collect and sell them. They know what they have though, and think they are made of semi precious metals. I've bought a few parts from them, but found it's better to buy from them on Ebay, when you can use an Auction sniper and possibly get a better deal than dealing with their Craigs list prices, which are always high.

If I come across what you are looking for, I'll be sure and let you know about it, but you'll have to act fast. Al & Jim are fast for old guys.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Charlie5280
Freshman User
Love the 55'....makes me want to get one myself now!

Old 02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
classic55ford
New User
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I'm ready to buy one right now pal I tried p'ming you but I can't seem to figure it out lol

Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Fomoko1
Originally Posted by classic55ford
I'm ready to buy one right now pal I tried p'ming you but I can't seem to figure it out lol
You need to be an FTE member for 10 days and have 5 or more posts to use PM`s.

Quick Reply: new f100 enthusiast 1 question