Sponsored by:

How do I fall in love again?

Old 02-14-2014, 04:52 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
How do I fall in love again?

With my BRONCO.

I have wondering eyes for shiny new Superdutys or Expeditions and the desire to own a SHO AWD Taurus.

My wife still loves.........her Explorer, but my heart wants something a bit younger.

I need to get that loving feeling I once had for the old white horse.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 PM
asdrew
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sold my '86 after about 16 years when in the same situation and regret it. Looking back it would have been better to park it to use when I felt like it.

Since then I've had an Expedition and now on my 3rd Superduty Crew Cab, all of which were/are awesome, but I long to have my Big Bronco back :/

Now I just peruse through here and reminisce.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Everyone I talked to, and I mean EVERYONE, that has had a bronco before and sold it regrets it.

I think I've lost count. I love mine, I got it back in 2007, and still would never think of getting rid of it.

I've done so much work to it though, and I think its pretty fun. You can see in my thread "Operation XLT" that I've done tons to it.

Maybe, if you have another vehicle you can use, you can do some intense work to your bronco to make you like it more. Maybe give it a lift, or put some new heads or cam in it, new exhaust, or just clean it up real nice.

I'm not sure what your bronco has now, but the more cool stuff you add to it the better! I love the new heads I installed, but the next thing on my list is either a supercharger or converting to diesel (both which are going to be a little more work and money that I can afford anytime soon.)

Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
I can say from experience as I have owned two previous broncos.
I regretted letting either go. I looked for over a year to find the present and wont let it go.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:29 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Funny.....I thought I was the only one with wandering eyes! This is my first "newer" Bronco. I have had 3 other Broncos.....2 79's and a 78. Also had a 79 F150 and a few other beater/parts Ford trucks of various 70"s vintage. There has also been a myriad of other makes of trucks and SUV's that I usually lifted and built engines for.

That being said.....Yes, I have thought about getting rid of my 93. But then I look at times have changed........she's paid for....I don't owe anything on her....and making payments on another vehicle just doesn't seem appealing to me!! Diesel is too expensive right now, so the Super Duty and Excursion is out.

This 93 has been a learning experience for me, (albeit an expensive one!), but I like her. She keeps me honest. If it wasn't for the computer controls.....I'd be getting that Ford Racing's 460 stroker for the ole girl!! Can you find a better way to spend $10,000???!!! (I don't have money to burn like that anymore!)

Anyway......when I think about moving on to another ride.......I think about how much it's gonna cost me to get rid of her!! It's cheaper to keep her!!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 AM
NewEnglander
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Everyone I talked to, and I mean EVERYONE, that has had a bronco before and sold it regrets it.

I think I've lost count. I love mine, I got it back in 2007, and still would never think of getting rid of it.

I've done so much work to it though, and I think its pretty fun. You can see in my thread "Operation XLT" that I've done tons to it.

Maybe, if you have another vehicle you can use, you can do some intense work to your bronco to make you like it more. Maybe give it a lift, or put some new heads or cam in it, new exhaust, or just clean it up real nice.

I'm not sure what your bronco has now, but the more cool stuff you add to it the better! I love the new heads I installed, but the next thing on my list is either a supercharger or converting to diesel (both which are going to be a little more work and money that I can afford anytime soon.)

It's funny I hear, and see the same thing online. Everyone who sold theirs regrets it. Hell I get withdrawals if I don't drive it everyday

Old 02-15-2014, 12:16 PM
peganit2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These ARE lovable vehicles.

Keep it, put it in storage, get it out in summer or for car shows.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. When you take it out of storage, you'll love it all over again.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:48 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Here is what I have done, but started a few years ago.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...noe-build.html

Old 02-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
You need to continue with your build! Yeah I've taken breaks because I don't have a lot of money and I get busy, but I get back around to working on my truck.

It looks like you never installed your light bar, or did the vinyl flooring!

That seat looked pretty nice though. I switched my crappy fabric bucket seats for some reupholstered eddie bauer leather seats. That was super nice, and the center console with cup holders is incredible. The console is a little.. awkward though, but still much better than the bench seat.

Anyways, you still should do more work! Maybe put in an overhead console if you don't have one!

Old 02-16-2014, 08:17 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Started cleaning the engine compartment with WD40, it is work though.

I plan to complete the engine compartment cleaning and repairs under the hood before I continue with the

installation of the vinyl flooring.

I may move all my project back to the BUILD thread just to make it easier.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
I just did some work today and painted that metal lip before the radiator. It was all scratched up and stuff, but I got some nice spray paint that matched perfectly and looks really good. The small stuff all adds up pretty fast when you clean around in there. I've never used WD40 but heard some good stuff about it. I always use Meguiars Ultimate protectant on everything and it works great and lasts quite a while. It's about 10 dollars per bottle though.

Mine's going to be so clean pretty soon that I may start having my meals in there instead of at the table.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 PM
79FordBlake
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sold my 79 Bronco in august 2013. As soon as I sold it I wanted another one. 3 months later I had another one. This one a 78. At some point I want to restore it 100%. So if and when I get tired of it its going into storage. They are to hard to find around here.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 79FordBlake
I sold my 79 Bronco in august 2013. As soon as I sold it I wanted another one. 3 months later I had another one. This one a 78. At some point I want to restore it 100%. So if and when I get tired of it its going into storage. They are to hard to find around here.
"If and when" you get tired?! I NEVER get tired of mine! Haha, sometimes I wish I would get better mpg.. and sometimes some problems frustrate me, but I always love driving my Bronco. It just doesn't feel right driving anything else. Maybe if I had a 96 Viper GTS that would do, or a Hummer H1, not the crappy garbage H2s, but my Bronco will have to do until then! And when I do get one of those other vehicles, I'm keeping my Bronco handy!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM
79FordBlake
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"If and when" you get tired?! I NEVER get tired of mine! Haha, sometimes I wish I would get better mpg.. and sometimes some problems frustrate me, but I always love driving my Bronco. It just doesn't feel right driving anything else. Maybe if I had a 96 Viper GTS that would do, or a Hummer H1, not the crappy garbage H2s, but my Bronco will have to do until then! And when I do get one of those other vehicles, I'm keeping my Bronco handy!
Yeah I go through the emotional roller coaster every now and then lol. I like things to be fixed right and I usually don't have the money so it takes me forever. I fix up antique tractors also. When I get tired of the vehicles I switch to the tractors or go from the tractors back to vehicles. Newest vehicle I have is a 92 F150. Newest tractor I have is a 57 WD45.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:47 PM
jowens1126
Junior User
give your truck some love and give it a new interior.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I fall in love again?