1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Power Windows

Has anyone used the power window kit from Dolphin Gauge / Ez Wiring? Any input as to quality of these kits, and installation problems would be appreciated.
Here is a link to their site but not a lot of information.
Power Windows

Old 02-04-2014, 03:56 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Randle, It is not a topic that I have seen discussed many times here. With most vehicles equipped with them today, I would likely look at a retro fit.

John

Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 PM
RICKEYJ
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window

I am new at this but this shows as a direct replacement Looks like oringinal regester. Electric-Life CR60K Power Window Kit - Direct fit. I found this on autoparts warehouse around 250.00. When i get to that point i want power window also.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks for the replys
I know there is some good screw drive units out there, I'm still looking to see what all is out there, just can't find any info on ezwiring.
RickyJ Electric-Life makes a good unit, a little pricie, but probably one of the best bolt up units, but CR60K is for a Dodge truck, number FR58K is the unit for our trucks.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:10 PM
postmortum
Freshman User
I bought the Electric Life regulators from A-1 electric (great company)when they were listed for 67-72 when they first came out. I went back in forth over the phone several times with A-1 over it before we figured out what the difference was. They are a fantastic regulator but they need to be modified to fit 68-72 truck doors. You need to weld a 1 inch tab to make it clear the window channel. Its not bad if you are handy with a welder. My buddy still owns the truck and they are still going strong some 12 years later.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM
RICKEYJ
New User
Power Window

Originally Posted by Randle
Thanks for the replys
I know there is some good screw drive units out there, I'm still looking to see what all is out there, just can't find any info on ezwiring.
RickyJ Electric-Life makes a good unit, a little pricie, but probably one of the best bolt up units, but CR60K is for a Dodge truck, number FR58K is the unit for our trucks.
Thanks for the correct # the other # was what it showed when i put 67 f100 in . I have heard that the 67 is different from the 68 up ?

Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks guys for your input.
I looked at A-1's web site and Electric-Life's site and both say it has to be modified to fit. I was looking last night at AutoLoc's cable drive kit and it looks like it might be the best I have seen so far.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:52 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by jowilker
Randle, It is not a topic that I have seen discussed many times here. With most vehicles equipped with them today, I would likely look at a retro fit.

John
It's funny you say this John. About a year ago I started adapting some power regs out of a 1997 Mercury Cougar hail damage car I had. They looked like I was gonna make 'em work. But then I realized I would need a cool looking bezel or panel to mount the switches in. Me personally, I didn't want switches that looked like someone bolted them on like an after thought. Would have to look Factory Ford. After all, I'd have to live with 'em. That's when I stalled. There are a few guys on here that might come up with something that I couldn't. Hio,Area,BrotherMabe,Gangstakr,etc. If any of you guys come up with something I'm all eyes. As a matter of fact I think I'm gonna build a thread on this subject.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:29 PM
RICKEYJ
New User
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
It's funny you say this John. About a year ago I started adapting some power regs out of a 1997 Mercury Cougar hail damage car I had. They looked like I was gonna make 'em work. But then I realized I would need a cool looking bezel or panel to mount the switches in. Me personally, I didn't want switches that looked like someone bolted them on like an after thought. Would have to look Factory Ford. After all, I'd have to live with 'em. That's when I stalled. There are a few guys on here that might come up with something that I couldn't. Hio,Area,BrotherMabe,Gangstakr,etc. If any of you guys come up with something I'm all eyes. As a matter of fact I think I'm gonna build a thread on this subject.
They make a crank switch that looks like the handle you role the window up with .Push for down & pull up to roll it up . A-1 electric sells these. Not sure if this was what your looking for.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
JEFFFAFA that is the other thing I have been digging into. I know my truck is not going to be stock, but I want it to be how Ford could have built it. My 67 I drove in the late 60's and early 70's wasn't stock, but it was period for the time and that is how I want my 70 to look, like it could have came out of the late 60's or 70's.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Originally Posted by RICKEYJ
They make a crank switch that looks like the handle you role the window up with .Push for down & pull up to roll it up . A-1 electric sells these. Not sure if this was what your looking for.
Interesting Rickey. But I was thinking of useing Ford switches some how.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Randle
JEFFFAFA that is the other thing I have been digging into. I know my truck is not going to be stock, but I want it to be how Ford could have built it. My 67 I drove in the late 60's and early 70's wasn't stock, but it was period for the time and that is how I want my 70 to look, like it could have came out of the late 60's or 70's.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to build a thread specific to the switches. This one is about the power windows in general. Between our two threads we both might find out what we are looking for. Cool?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
That sounds great JEFFFAFA the more ideas the better.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM
flyboy2610
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by postmortum
They are a fantastic regulator but they need to be modified to fit 68-72 truck doors. You need to weld a 1 inch tab to make it clear the window channel. Its not bad if you are handy with a welder.
Where do you need to weld the tab? I have those and want to use them on my '69 F250 CS.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:47 PM
my 66
Senior User
On the 61 to 66 truck group there is threads about putting a saturn car power window motor on the ford regulator. Don't know if it will fit a 67 to 72 regulator but it my be something you would wont to check into.

Quick Reply: Power Windows