1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Finally have a gallery ( Jim VA.)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Jim VA.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can fix just about anything, but it took four month's to figure out how to post in my gallery! Take a look and laugh if you want.I don't think I will make the fourth of July parade this year,maybe Labor Day..

Old 06-27-2003, 02:36 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru

Very nice! Can't say I like the motor but its your truck. What will the final color be? Anyways very nice work you do. -4speed

Old 06-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Jim VA.
Senior User

John; it's going to be Ford (chrome yellow) and (dark silver) and thanks to all the helpful information from everyone at FTE so far! Jim VA.

Old 06-27-2003, 03:42 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good but.... is that pink?!?

Old 06-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice Jim. I really like the dash/interior paint scheme.My dash is allready painted---but.Tell me more about the rear suspension.I have mine set up with the original Dana 3.92, when I started this project it seemed ok with auto o.d. I may need to go to something like yours.Is that rear about 63" drum face to drum face?Great job Jim.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:13 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nicely done, Jim. Great mechanicking and great paint. Add my vote to Joe's for the interior, too. Best. Himmelberg

Old 06-27-2003, 11:04 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Jim

It's looking great. I love chrome yeller. You won't have to worry about misplacing her at Wal-Mart. What kind of steering wheel are you running?

Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 AM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

Jim,

Great progress. I especially liked the two-tone dash and painted dash insert. I never thought of that.

Later,

Old 06-28-2003, 07:38 AM
Jim VA.
Senior User

Fenders; I think it is the same as your's only not painted.I did not have the cash to buy a Banjo. Do you still have the template for the tailgate hooks?I am almost at that point where I will need it. The dash insert is from Carpenders,it comes as a rough finish cast aluminum.so why not sand and paint ?Speaking of paint the photos are off on the" Purple" on the chassis. I found a 2000 Z28 ten bolt locker with 342 gears and 12" discs with only 1500 miles on it. The only thing wrong with it was a bent pass. side axle.which I bought new at local GM dealer for less than $96.00 .Joe;The 59 1/4" is from outside of axle flange"s I washed off all "coil over"stuff. reversed the calaipers from rear to front,relocated E-brake cable mounts,installed new perches to fit new 8 leaf stock springs after figuring the correct pinion angle. I did not "C" notch the chassis,I still have 1 3/4" between the bump stop and axle hsg. I don't plan on hauling anything but A-- . Had to go to 16"X8" rear rims to clear the calaipers.and have P265-50R-16 BF Goodrich radial t/a . There is 1 1/2" clearance on outside and 1 3/4"on the inside between the fender and the bed side with this rear and tires. keep in mind I am using 3" wider "glass" fenders. Adapted E-brake cables to the stock rachett in the cab,works great. Jim VA.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:01 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

Purple.... Pink.... Same difference, we're keeping a close eye on a couple of you guys.

Yes I made the template for the gate hooks. Send me your address again and I promise to mail it out right away. Sorry about that Jim.

And that reminds me.... Paul, did you ever receive the gate hooks I sent? I hope so because I know I mailed them a month ago.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:08 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru

"you cant make art and be afraid of color"... this is a quote of self. I like it. Call it what you will. Manly men are not afraid of color. Best. Himmelberg

Old 06-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by himmelberg
"you cant make art and be afraid of color"... this is a quote of self. I like it. Call it what you will. Manly men are not afraid of color. Best. Himmelberg
Manly men may not be afraid of color in general, but the manly men I know wouldn't wear yellow golf pants with a pink T-shirt.

Old 06-28-2003, 04:46 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

Originally posted by himmelberg
Hey, we let him off easy on the SB Chevy. I thought that was pretty big of us. Everyone is free to paint stuff pink or purple, or take pictures of their truck with Barbie dolls in them. They just have to be willing to pay their fine for doing so.

Old 06-28-2003, 09:21 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru

Out here, manly men don't wear golf pants. And they marry Barbies. Or Barbaras, or Barbara Anns. Worth the price I pay, too. Best. Himmelberg

Old 06-28-2003, 10:09 PM
jeffh
Elder User

At least a pink, er purple frame won't be too noticable. Until some poor old-timer gets on his hands and knees to look under there...

Quick Reply: Finally have a gallery ( Jim VA.)