Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICE KIT with Propane Injection

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
VLLC
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICE KIT with Propane Injection

Ok i am at a LOSS, i want to put a propane injectionKit on my 7.3IDI and a turbo eventually. I has a 93 F350 and my buddy who knows more about trucks and stuff than I will ever said "If you are going to put a propane injection on your truck you should get an ICE KIT too so it wont over heat"

I use my Mad Computer Internet Skills and after 3 weeks i cant find 1 Reference to what an Ice Kit is, Where to get one, What it looks like etc, etc, etc.

I think hes lost his damn mind or something......

Also, Other than the Powershot 2000 what other propane injection systems are Good? I cant find were to Buy a Powershot 2000 yet alone its price......

I dont get on line much any more cuz driveing to town to use the Wireless is not an Everyday thing,,,,, Ill be back Wens at earleast just a Heads Up.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You might try posting this in the Biodiesel, Propane, and alternative Diesel fuels forum.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:41 PM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why not just ask your buddy what he was talking about? Just be like hey man remember that ice kit you mentioned? Yeah how does that work anyway?

I'm sure he'll be glad to explain.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:12 AM
VLLC
Freshman User
I asked him and he said its a Cooling system thats all. no further Information I got from him.......... and I dont know much about the different postings stuff. my apologies

Old 01-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Chefsteele
Senior User
Originally Posted by VLLC
I asked him and he said its a Cooling system thats all. no further Information I got from him.......... and I dont know much about the different postings stuff. my apologies
Are you sure he is your friend!

I searched the internet cant find anything like that, the closest to what you are talking about was a oil cooler.

Derale Tube-Fin Engine Oil Cooler Kit w/ Spin-On Adapter ...

www.etrailer.com › … › W/ Spin-On Adapter › Class III › Derale

Rating: 4/5 ·
2 reviews

This is an engine oil cooler kit, part number d15551. Were going to take our inch NTP by inch far Inaudible 00:00:14 fittings, apply some thread tape, ...

Last edited by Chefsteele; 01-10-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: add text
Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 AM
VLLC
Freshman User
Iv known the Guy since we went to Basic Together, we was in the Same Unit in Afghanistan.............. Iv worked with him on several Ranches after we got out of the Army........... Yes i am certain he is my Friend

Old 01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Chefsteele
Senior User
Originally Posted by VLLC
Iv known the Guy since we went to Basic Together, we was in the Same Unit in Afghanistan.............. Iv worked with him on several Ranches after we got out of the Army........... Yes i am certain he is my Friend
That's good,

I was thinking he might be a mechanic trying to make a buck or two.

when I was in Seoul Korea, (Yongsan) they installed propane kits in cars, same day turnaround, and did not add any additive cooling systems. just the conversion kits.

I would like to know more about it when you find out what he was talking about

Old 01-10-2014, 12:17 PM
VLLC
Freshman User
how I understand it, the Kit alows me to Run both Diesal with Propain to make it burn better and Cleaner and gives me a few more HP, but it burns hotter and desals arnt desined to burn Hot for Long so a Better Engin Cooling system is needed so i wont Crack a Block or melt the Rods or something..... usualy when my bdy and his buddy start talking Mechanical stuff I Zone Out cuz Its alll Germanic to me and I Speak Latin....... in fact I is as they say the Smartest Person they know but I lack Common since or something...... I get all the Information I need from Books, nd the Intewebs and stuff of the Like

Old 01-10-2014, 12:22 PM
VLLC
Freshman User
I asked him about what an Ice Kit is and he said its some kind of Better Cooling system, he wasnt that clear other than that. I think it might be a brand of Radadior or something but it cools the Engen better...... He said he was going to Look into it for me....... If I has any information after he finds out more Ill gladly Share it. but I am still rather Confused

Old 01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep in mind I don't know a lot about this, just random things I've heard. I think what your friend might be referring to is a methanol injection kit? Basically what meth injection does, is cool down the intake air temperature. It's handy for engines that are running high boost, diesels on propane, etc.

According to this, though, you don't need to modify the cooling system, or anything else:

http://www.dieselperformanceproducts.com/faq.html

Old 01-17-2014, 11:21 AM
VLLC
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Bob Gervais
Keep in mind I don't know a lot about this, just random things I've heard. I think what your friend might be referring to is a methanol injection kit? Basically what meth injection does, is cool down the intake air temperature. It's handy for engines that are running high boost, diesels on propane, etc.

According to this, though, you don't need to modify the cooling system, or anything else:

FAQ - Diesel Performance Products Propane Injection Systems for Gas and Diesel Engines

Yea after talking to him and his Mechanic friend that is what they is refuring too. They confused the hell out of me and I still dont compleatly Cmprehind it

Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
easiest way to comprehend it is to ignore them.
will it give you more power? probably.
will it drastically reduce the life of your engine?
YOU BETCHA SWEET BIPPY IT WILL!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:13 PM
91CavGT
Junior User
Originally Posted by Bob Gervais

FAQ - Diesel Performance Products Propane Injection Systems for Gas and Diesel Engines

For his purpose, straight water injection would work better. He would not need any more fuel and he would be using the water injection to cool off the combustion chamber temps. Water does a MUCH better job at cooling the combustion chamber temps than what meth does. It also slows the combustion process which would be beneficial with running propane.

Now if you're talking about a forced induction motor, a water/meth mixture does wonders for cooling off the intake charge.