1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Denied. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
I really don't know what to say at this point. You're getting screwed in a pretty ugly way, and it sounds like Hollingsworth Ford is to blame IMHO. I'm very curious to see where this goes and if you get some kind of resolution.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 PM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
I'm still very puzzled as to why you continue to blame Ford for this issue. No truck manufacturer or engine rebuilder would warranty an improperly installed engine. I agree with Tom, your ire should be directed at Hollingsworth Ford.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:56 AM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
Would you blame the restaurant, or the meat supplier? .
If the meat supplier licensed the restaurant to sell their meat and then branded the steak and the restaurant with their logo front/back/left and right and guaranteed with a warranty the meat provided I would expect that meat supplier to hold the restaurant accountable and at the same time take care of me the customer.

I am a field service engineer for a medical equipment manufacturer, there are still areas of the country where we use dealers to service, maintain and install our product. When there are issues with our product that the dealer cannot or will not remedy to the satisfaction of the customer one of our company branded field service engineers makes his or her way to that sight with great haste and does whatever is required to bring that customer satisfaction. If the issue was dealer induced and the unit is under warranty or the customer has a contract with our authorized dealer that dealer gets to picks up the bill or their life as a dealer is over. If the issue is DOA parts, manufacturing defect, etc we have no issue absorbing the entire cost to make the customer whole again. It is our name on the side of the equipment and we know the customer has choices in capital equipment purchases.

There are reasons we have a 98% market share in our medical imaging field, our technology is slightly better than competitors (GE is our biggest competitor) but our customer service and reputation for not passing the buck opens more doors and keeps them open more than anything.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:56 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
To the OP:

Would I be correct in assuming that the truck had been previously titled by someone after the engine was replaced? You mentioned that there was 1000 miles on the new engine, then it appears that the truck had been sold or traded and ended up on a wholesale lot then advertised on Ebay.

I'm thinking that if you had purchased the truck from Hollingsworth Ford, the dealer who performed the engine exchange and you were the first to title it after the work had been completed, this would be a non-issue.

There's no doubt in my mind that Hollingsworth is the culprit here but you have to prove it. How many times has the titled been transferred?

Ford motor company isn't the problem here. Everyone involved here has done something wrong. You need legal assistance.

Very sorry for your issues and I sincerely hope you find a swift equitable resolution.