Sponsored by: DP Tuner

wrecked truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
wrecked truck

monday night my wife and i were broadsided in the 2002 f350 psd cc by a 94 ford taurus.. old lady with those wrap around sunglasses pulled out from the right right into the pass side doors. we tried to get out of the way but couldnt, she hit us in the doors and we went over the concrete medien and then back over it. wife went to hospital with back pain. shes ok but very very sore. truck is ????????

running board is folded un der truck rocker and bottomms of doors, bedside, rear bumper, both rear wheels scuffed. dont know if rear is out or front end needs realigned but it pulls hard right. the driver side bed side wipped out the sign in the medeim.

i ripped the whole front clip off her car with fliuds going everywhere.

now im in a rental gmc sonoma. doesnt even get close to mine!!!

Old 06-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrecked truck

I really feel sorry for you, George. Hopefully your wife will be better soon. That's the important thing. Your truck is, after all, a truck, and can be replaced if necessary. It's hard to remember that when you're so attached to it, though. We'll be pulling for your wife's speedy recovery.
Scott.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Jozey
Junior User
wrecked truck

Sorry to hear about that George.The good thing is no one was seriously hurt.Tell your wife to hang in there

Old 06-27-2003, 03:58 PM
rvfiver
Senior User
wrecked truck

We all hate to pay those insurance premiums every month, but its times like these that we thank God we do. At least I hope she did. By the way how is the lady in the taurus?

Old 06-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
wrecked truck

it was a couple in the taurus. both elderly. they were shhook up but ok. i just got back from body shop. they looked at truck. he said the floor is rippled all the way to the driver side. the wheelbase is longer on pass side then on the driver?! he said he can fix it but it going to be expensive. the pop up goose neck ball is stuck down and wont pop up. now im trying to see if i would be better off fixing it and trading it in on a new one.

Old 06-28-2003, 10:59 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wrecked truck

I hope they were insured so you don't have to come out of pocket.

Trading in is a good idea as all sorts of little electrical gremlins tend to pop up after major body damage.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:30 AM
PSD_Power
Elder User
wrecked truck

goin through that insurance crap sucks. I'm just glad you all are alright. Hope your wife feels better soon.

Old 06-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
wrecked truck

sunday. wife is up and out of bed. she even went shopping for a little with her mom. she is sore but well. thanks for the concerns.

i love that truck( oblvliousely i love my wife more) im torn with the thought of fixing irt to trade in on a new one.

the shop said they would suggest wich way to go later on.

Old 07-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
wrecked truck

out at body shop looking at truck today. fixed/painted driver side bed side. looks good. they pulled the rocker out and re aligned the doors. new running board, wheel, center cap, 2 tires bed caps on ordere. the truck is on a dolley. the rear was bent. they are putting a new one in, they wanted to put a new rear in and switch the guts but i refused, now it will all be new. the frame is ok. might get it back next week late. still deciding if i should trade for a new one and take the loss.

Old 07-03-2003, 06:49 PM
stomp
Freshman User
wrecked truck

how many options were on it?

i would guess you could always look and try and find a bargain on a little nicer truck if this one was sparring on options...

hope your wife feels better.

StomP

Old 07-03-2003, 10:36 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wrecked truck

Fortunately it is not a decision you have to make right away. It might just last forever after you get it back, but if the nagging little problems start piling up over the next few months........

Old 07-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
wrecked truck

the truck is a 2002 f350 xlt crew cab long bed 4x4.
wife feels a lot better. still stiff but mobile now.
im not even sure of the problems to expect, but im sure wind noise in the cab will be worse.

Old 07-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Jerrybo66
Elder User
wrecked truck

Something would have to be still "tweaked" for you to have more than usual wind noise and that would worry me if it was mine. I think what I would do is check out what a compareable new one would cost then have a serious talk with their insurance adjuster about the wife's back. They will tell you they can't give you enough for your truck to buy a new one, but medical is a whole 'nother ballgame..... Been there, done that... Some drunk caused a wreck that totaled the cab on my Mack tractor and they said they would only pay for my bumper because that's the only part that contacted their clients car. When I explained how "bad " my back hurt, I got the cab replaced. That's all I wanted.

On another thought, a lot has got to be said for the Ford Taurus to tangle with a F-350, do that much damage, and the occupants of the Taurus not get hurt.

Old 07-05-2003, 05:17 AM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
wrecked truck

the taurus was destroyed but the cabin portion seemed ok when i was looking, i only looked at them quickly. a lot of our damage was from the concrete curb and the 4x4 street sighn.
since they arnt totalling mine im wondereing if they will think therte is any difference from factory.
if i should replace the truck i want the same opted truck for the same payments. im a dreamer rihjt