Sponsored by:

Radmaster vrs Hellwig

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 04:02 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radmaster vrs Hellwig

I am curious, mainly because everyone seems to be running the Roadmaster, but has anyone tried Hellwig

Excursion Roadmaster Easy Fit Kit (RM-3621-01) | Strutmasters.com

VRs

Hellwig Pro Series Suspension Stabillizers - 99-07 Ford SuperDuty

Honestly I like the look of the Hellwig, especially since it is symmetrical, however, the Roadmasters seem like the proven way to go...

I am welcome to any feedback, Thanks!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had RAS on my 2 Ex's and love the product.
I just don't know much about the Hellwig SS, one of the things that the RAS addresses is the rear axle warp and based on the picture shown of install of Hellwig I can't see the rubber mounting points helping much in that department ( maybe it just me ).

I'm sure the Hellwig is a good product, my previous EX had the Hellwig rear sway bar and worked out well for me.

I would also be curious to see if the Hellwig would give you that extra bit of lift that you get with the RAS.

I guess since the few changes done to RAS over the years ( now easy install no leaf spring removal needed anymore and they learned from previous mistakes and now use heavier hardware). Might sound unfair but until 50 FTE'rs come on here and tell me it's the best thing since PB&J I sticking to RAS.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:40 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
I've had RAS on my 2 Ex's and love the product.
I just don't know much about the Hellwig SS, one of the things that the RAS addresses is the rear axle warp and based on the picture shown of install of Hellwig I can't see the rubber mounting points helping much in that department ( maybe it just me ).

I'm sure the Hellwig is a good product, my previous EX had the Hellwig rear sway bar and worked out well for me.

I would also be curious to see if the Hellwig would give you that extra bit of lift that you get with the RAS.

I guess since the few changes done to RAS over the years ( now easy install no leaf spring removal needed anymore and they learned from previous mistakes and now use heavier hardware). Might sound unfair but until 50 FTE'rs come on here and tell me it's the best thing since PB&J I sticking to RAS.
Honestly I was already thinking about the RAS, but I stumbled across the Hellwig today, so I figured I would ask. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge

Might sound unfair but until 50 FTE'rs come on here and tell me it's the best thing since PB&J I sticking to RAS.
That statement actually hits a number of valuable points.
Kudos to you, and FTE.

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup