Sponsored by: DP Tuner

loss of fuel overnight

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 10:27 PM
drew12
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy loss of fuel overnight

over night or over eight hrs. it seems that the fuel drains down in my 7.3 sevaral starts and stalls and then it runs great.also every time i start it during the day it takes more cranks then normal .

Old 10-12-2003, 03:42 PM
asphalt man
New User
Angry fuel leaks down

drew12 i have 1992 f250 with 7.3 . i have the same problem with my truck . the fuel leaks down in just a short time . i have replaced the fuel pump and filter . i have finaly burned the starter up having to crank it so much . if you found your problem i sure could use some help .

Old 10-13-2003, 08:10 AM
bluemoose89
Senior User
i had the same problem but i had a cummings..it took a while to figute out what was rong with it but i finally got it...there is a fuel return line that runs along the backside of the injection pump and that line in notorious to dry rot. when that happens there are obvious leaks causiond air to get into the lines making it hard to start in the mornings. so i just relaces the line. by the way i went to the dodge dealer and i knew more about the problem then he did so he was no help at all on even getting the part so i went to napa auto parts and bought 2 feet of low pressure hose and 2 hose clamps and fixed it myself. for around 2 to 3 bucks. i dont know if that might help you but that is what was wrong with that dodge that time. hope it helps...a good way to find it is to follow you lines from the tank to the motor and just look for anything out of the everyday.let me know what you find out

Old 10-14-2003, 04:42 PM
asphalt man
New User
fuel leaks down overnight

hey dustyballs appreciate the info on return lines . i replaced one piece but there are several others i can check . cheap enough to replace them . i did replace the starter and that wasn't cheap . won't do that again . will get back with you after i replace lines.

Old 10-14-2003, 05:58 PM
bluemoose89
Senior User
hey no problem, sorry about my spelling sometimes i just type to fast and i cant get it all right. but that is what was wrong with my dodge that time

Old 10-15-2003, 05:40 PM
asphalt man
New User
Hello Dustyballs . Thanks for getting back . I got a message from International Tech and he said that sometimes they have installed a check valve in the return line on the back of the engine to stop the fuel from bleeding back . I'm going to try your idea first and see what happens . Then maybe the check valve if I have to . Will let you know . PS. don't worry about the spelling if I can understand it you are doing a fine job .