Computer Chips & Tuners  

Mass Air conversion and E4OD help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 01:49 AM
gabraham
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I was trying to figure out what I need to change a truck with an E4OD to mass air. I have a mustang computer and all the stuff for the mass air, that is the eazy part. My question is how can you run an aditional computer that has an E4OD controller to controll the tranny and a seprate mass air computer to controll the engine. I know it can be done because pro-flow has a kit that allows you to run a mass air computer for the engine and the stock E4OD speed density computer for the tranny. I just don't feel like paying $1200 dollars for that, I'm not made out of money. Does anyone know which sensors from the engine are need so that the transmission controller can controll the tranny? One sensor that is probablly for sure needed is the throttle position sensor. Has anyone ever done this, I know it can be done the question is how.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:28 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You need the mass air computer for auto trans.Is the one you have for a manual mustang?It wont work on an auto trans unlees you have a non electric trans.

Old 06-22-2003, 06:26 PM
gabraham
Freshman User

Yes I have an A9P (auto) computer, I want to run the engine with the mustang computer but I also want to run the E4OD transmission with the speed density computer I have now. That is to say the mustang computer will run the engine and the truck computer will run the transmission. My problem is what sensor signals does would the truck computor need from the engine in order to controll the transmission. Pro-flow has a kit that allows you to run two computers in parallel, the mustang computor for the engine and the truck computor for the transmission. I know it can be done but I need to know what sensor signals are needed from the engine in order to make the truck computer controll the transmission without controlling the engine because the mustang computer will control the engine.

Old 07-14-2003, 02:14 AM
Dev93L
New User

Hey man did you find anything out?

I am in almost the EXACT same position with my Lightning.

If I cannot figure anything out, I am going to probably get a c6 and just pilfer a 'Stang computer.

I just wanted to bump this post and ask if you ever found anything out?

Old 07-14-2003, 08:19 AM
gabraham
Freshman User

I think I will be using a 1995 Truck computer from california. The trucks in california switched to mass air one year before the rest of the country and all trucks by 1995 had the E4OD. I have the wiring diagram, the computer part number and the calibration code. I will try to either post the info. after I get back from work. The computer is not as good as the A9L mustang computer but a chip can make it even better.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:51 PM
gabraham
Freshman User

Hey Dev93L let me know if you want the wiring diagram and computer part number with the calibration code. If you do give me your email address so that I can send it to ya.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:07 PM
butcher
New User

I have a 95 CA with a 351 and a E40D and try finding a chip for that. I have been unable and have tried everyone.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Dev93L
New User

Originally posted by gabraham
Hey Dev93L let me know if you want the wiring diagram and computer part number with the calibration code. If you do give me your email address so that I can send it to ya.
I would really appreciate that !!!!

I think the FMS conversion uses that very same computer.

dev93l(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

I may try to ask you a few questions when I convert my L to mass air.

Gonna be nice to hear that E cam lope.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Dev93L
New User

Hey did anyone ever make any progress?

I ended up getting a good deal on a FMS mass air conversion.