offroad & 4x4 b/s thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by alpha/omega
Tom,
I never said close the bs thread. I said close the whole off road section if its what the powers that be want. Otherwise there has to be a reason IB/FTE keeps it open while constantly holding the threat of closing it over our head for no less than 10 years.

Dan,
I also know that not all of IBs forums have such ridiculous language filters. Some actually do not have any filter at all. Most of what we have here was previous owner implemented and modified over time to fit their self imposed needs.
Originally Posted by alpha/omega
And that rule is great fine and wonderful if it actually worked. Who are we going to complain to? A moderator about another moderator? How well does anyone with half a brain think that would work?

It was all a lot better when Adrian was the off road forums mod. He went to bat for us and made it right. Now the regulars are standing at the plate against multiple pitchers throwing beam ***** without a bat, helmet or cup.

Paul is right though. 9+ years and 12k+ post later I'm still here. I've seen the wave after wave of enforced rules and numerous moderators come and go. This too shall pass.
Tom is doing an excellent job of moderating this forum. He has a tolerance level much higher than most of the other mods have. If you have a problem with it, you can contact Tom or one of the numerous other super-mods or admins of the site.
A full list of them can be found here: Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Show Groups

This sites guidelines are not created for or by IB (nor are they part of the process) - they have been developed by the forums moderators over the years based on user feedback, and they have progressively become more "lax". Some other sites have less restrictive guidelines - some have none!

FTE's are in place because that is what has worked well for us over the years - compared to some places we are more restrictive in terms of the language that is allowed, but that is nothing new. We aim to be a family friendlyish site.

The offroad forum has been given a fair bit of latitude by our moderation team, in fact it has been treated as a separate beast, and items that would be considered indiscretions anywhere else on this site have been given a blind eye. Based on feedback we have received and some more recent posts that additional latitude appears to have been received as an opportunity to further the tolerance limits of the mods here. That needs to stop. Going forth the rules in the offroad forum will be the same as the rest of the site, Tom and anyone else in the forum will deal with them as such - cross the line and you may receive an infraction, receive too many of those, and your access here is revoked.

Simple.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just saying you had our back where it has become obvious Tom does not. I will agree he is lenient but that doesn't mean he on our side.

As you put it....simple.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:22 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have this vision on Paul and Kris at a zoo holding a beer in 1 hand and a stick in the other poking a tiger in a cage.... except its the internetz and not a zoo.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:24 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Not poking anyone with anything. I wouldn't mind a beer though

The question I keep asking has not been answered and there has to be a reason everyone with any power whatsoever keeps dancing around it.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BigF350
Tom is doing an excellent job of moderating this forum. He has a tolerance level much higher than most of the other mods have. If you have a problem with it, you can contact Tom or one of the numerous other super-mods or admins of the site.
A full list of them can be found here: Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Show Groups

This sites guidelines are not created for or by IB (nor are they part of the process) - they have been developed by the forums moderators over the years based on user feedback, and they have progressively become more "lax". Some other sites have less restrictive guidelines - some have none!

FTE's are in place because that is what has worked well for us over the years - compared to some places we are more restrictive in terms of the language that is allowed, but that is nothing new. We aim to be a family friendlyish site.

The offroad forum has been given a fair bit of latitude by our moderation team, in fact it has been treated as a separate beast, and items that would be considered indiscretions anywhere else on this site have been given a blind eye. Based on feedback we have received and some more recent posts that additional latitude appears to have been received as an opportunity to further the tolerance limits of the mods here. That needs to stop. Going forth the rules in the offroad forum will be the same as the rest of the site, Tom and anyone else in the forum will deal with them as such - cross the line and you may receive an infraction, receive too many of those, and your access here is revoked.

Simple.
A little warning that chit was changing would have been nice, not just a random pantie bunching and bish fest out of the mods. We are guests here and can be told to leave, it is a privately owned website after all. Posts were the same from day to day week to week. Last week it wasn't a problem, now it is.

Originally Posted by 77mud
I have this vision on Paul and Kris at a zoo holding a beer in 1 hand and a stick in the other poking a tiger in a cage.... except its the internetz and not a zoo.
lololol

PS- Fredrian, how do you like the new 6.7? Seems like a badass engine.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
#idea

Go to zoo and poke tigers with sticks while drinking beer.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
#game
#gd10cl

Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Originally Posted by captain p4
A little warning that chit was changing would have been nice, not just a random pantie bunching and bish fest out of the mods. We are guests here and can be told to leave, it is a privately owned website after all. Posts were the same from day to day week to week. Last week it wasn't a problem, now it is.
Fair enough - sorry if that wasn't the case. Going forward we just plan on sticking to the guidelines

Anyhow, thought you might appreciate a photo from one of my friends back in Aus.
Name:  0JXHFpt.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  62.0 KB

Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fatdan460

while we wait weeks at a time for a question better than "will 37's fit with an elebenty inch lift?" we can kill the time here.
this statment here says all that is needed to know about how much this forum is needed. It's been left open as a courtesy that has been abused.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:44 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Originally Posted by captain p4
PS- Fredrian, how do you like the new 6.7? Seems like a badass engine.
I've only had the truck a week - I like it a lot. Don't know if I like all the emissions stuff bolted to it, but as soon as it gets through smog testing, the rocketship on the exhaust might just "fall off".

I am hoping to build it to be an "expedition" type vehicle (I hate that word, makes it sound like I wear cargo shorts) and convert it to RHD to take back to Aus. So mild lift, 35-36" tires, big fuel tank and some lights and thats it. I hope to cross the Simpson desert when I am back in Aus with it (about 1200 sand dunes) and a few other tracks back there.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:44 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Exactly my point. Close it if its unnecessary. Otherwise its futile to throw it in our face every few months for the past 10 years that it "might" be closed if we don't act the way FTE deems we should.

Originally Posted by Adrian
....items that would be considered indiscretions anywhere else on this site have been given a blind eye.

Wonder if that "eye" would happen to be the left one? 50/50 shot

PS...what's wrong with cargo shorts?

Old 10-27-2013, 02:48 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
If we're such trouble makers and such a burden it would be closed. No one running a website to make money would leave it open if they weren't making money from it. Either close it or stop making threats about closing it, like Kris said, you've been saying it for years and we're still here. Close our forum and ban hamma us or don't, just stop making empty threats about it. We'll find somewhere else to go if we aren't wanted here, it's really that simple.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:50 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Fair enough - sorry if that wasn't the case. Going forward we just plan on sticking to the guidelines

Anyhow, thought you might appreciate a photo from one of my friends back in Aus.
Damnnnn, did they get it out?

I've only had the truck a week - I like it a lot. Don't know if I like all the emissions stuff bolted to it, but as soon as it gets through smog testing, the rocketship on the exhaust might just "fall off".

I am hoping to build it to be an "expedition" type vehicle (I hate that word, makes it sound like I wear cargo shorts) and convert it to RHD to take back to Aus. So mild lift, 35-36" tires, big fuel tank and some lights and thats it. I hope to cross the Simpson desert when I am back in Aus with it (about 1200 sand dunes) and a few other tracks back there.

Nice. We have the 6.4 in our fleet now, plenty of power but the mpgs are terrible! I hear the 6.7 does much better on fuel.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What would a Ford truck forum be without an offroad/4x4 sub forum.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:55 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
The problem is they've seen what happened in this section in the wake of Seth leaving in the mid 2000s and myself/minions leaving in 2008. You can't expect a of road section to thrive when body lifts are the preferred lift method by the majority

Quick Reply: offroad & 4x4 b/s thread