1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED light bar pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 PM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 203 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
As far as led light bars "not meeting expectations" this may be the case with a cheap bar. $250 (not to single you out) isn't going to get you a great bar.

To get the best light output get a combo spot flood, and make sure it uses CREE LEDs. If price is more important there are cheaper options than CREE, but they produce the most light.
For my research those bars a few and far. Most use whatever 3w LED bulbs their supplier provides. Most will not even answer that question about their bars.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's my Rigid 20" SR bar with two D2's.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:01 PM
kbx
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robby Nash
Kbx I like the back window Led! Great idea
Thanks!

I thought it was genius, myself!

I really prefer the Bosch 225 8" round lights for all out distance to LED, but the intense whiteness of the Rigid 20-30" is hard to beat.
The big Bosch 100 watt units will light up both ditches for 3/4 of a mile at night, I find the 20" rigid is far far less.
I hardly use any after finding Brightsource HID's however, they are absofrickinglutely amazing.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault
For my research those bars a few and far. Most use whatever 3w LED bulbs their supplier provides. Most will not even answer that question about their bars.
Only the china brands that you find on ebay or the like. A good manufacturer will TELL you upfront that they use CREE because its such a selling point.

I have just entered a sponsorship deal with a new LED lightbar company. I like the way the guys are running it so I decided to go with them for my lighting and we struck a deal. They use CREE and you can see the difference. His 20" was just as good as my 40" from fleabay.

I'm not saying the company I am getting my lightbars is the best, but I like them, and they are priced well.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Here is my 40" that I have, and am selling. But here it is on my truck, just propped in the engine compartment hooked up to the battery.
Note that my heardlights are not dim, the camera is just adjusting because the bar i so bright.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
maybe I'm just a tightwad...but you guys are throwing some serious $$$ at these lights for not a lot of effect IMO.

I'd rather drop $100 for a set of KC Daylighters and be done. They're slightly outdated, but they turn night into day and they're 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of some of those bars shown above.

nice looking trucks though!

Old 10-04-2013, 02:01 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Originally Posted by Tylus
maybe I'm just a tightwad...but you guys are throwing some serious $$$ at these lights for not a lot of effect IMO.

I'd rather drop $100 for a set of KC Daylighters and be done. They're slightly outdated, but they turn night into day and they're 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of some of those bars shown above.

I've seen KC daylighters and they arent nearly what a good LED bar is like. Good lights, but not in the same ball park as a good LED bar. I would equate a set of daylighters to a 10-20" light bar. My light bar is also a Spot/Flood combo, so you get a lot of coverage.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I'll give you that aspect, but when you properly aim lights like Daylighters to combine their light output with your headlights and fogs, you get a clean light output that shows the area from 5 ft in front of your truck to several hundred yards out and a nice wide swatch side to side.

either way, cool toys

Old 10-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault
It's cheaper than regular front end repairs due to roaming wildlife.

ORIGINAL - Please Move The Deer Crossing Sign. HILARIOUS STUPIDITY. Must Hear!! - YouTube
That caller is why we have all the problems with the elected officials.
People like her keep voting for the idiots.

Sean

Old 10-04-2013, 04:57 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
Only the china brands that you find on ebay or the like. A good manufacturer will TELL you upfront that they use CREE because its such a selling point.

I have just entered a sponsorship deal with a new LED lightbar company. I like the way the guys are running it so I decided to go with them for my lighting and we struck a deal. They use CREE and you can see the difference. His 20" was just as good as my 40" from fleabay.

I'm not saying the company I am getting my lightbars is the best, but I like them, and they are priced well.
What is the company name or maybe a link to their site??

Old 10-04-2013, 05:07 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Tylus

I paid $250 for my bar since my buddy had one for me to inspect first.

For my experience the KC HIDs are the king for long distance even using their driving beam lens. The LED bar does a good job just not the range. The setup actually works for what I was hoping to see out of the lights.

I'd love to try some of the KC LED products they now offer.

To add to the fire the KC brand has a 23 year warranty. I've used their RA several times with no issues.

From Rigid you would think they cover the whole product:
*Rigid Industries Limited Lifetime Warranty:

If Rigid Industries determines, in its sole discretion, that your product is defective in material or workmanship, Rigid Industries will honor your warranty based on the following schedule, which measures the number of days from the original date of purchase to Rigid Industries acknowledged receipt of the returned product and RMA . Please note that you must pay shipping charges to return your product to Rigid Industries for inspection.
  • 0 - 60 Days: Rigid Industries will repair or replace the defective product at its sole discretion. If it is repaired, all parts, labor, and return shipping are covered by Rigid Industries.
  • 61 Days - 1 Year: The defective product is eligible for repair only. All parts, labor, and return shipping are covered by Rigid Industries.
  • After 1 Year: The customer is responsible for labor costs. All parts and return shipping are covered by Rigid Industries.
Definitely an interesting point to ponder.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 AM
jstnromero
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completely agree HeavyAssault. I have used the warranty on my KC Highlighters a few times over the years and have had absolutely ZERO complaints from their end. Their service is top notch. I do however, love LED light bars.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:48 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
I feel the same way. I just wish the cost for a quality bar using 10w LEDs wasn't an arm, leg, and a pound of flesh. LOL

Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 AM
jstnromero
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt! The do demand a hefty price tag.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
This is a very interesting thread i don't know how i missed this one. I do agree though that the price compared to the output of a good quality LED bar is kinda crazy. Once LED bars start to get cheaper ill consider it but I cant really justify dropping major $$$ on a LED bar when i can get some HID lights or cheap lights and convert them to HID for half the price that perform just as or if not better than the LED bars do.

Quick Reply: LED light bar pics