1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Door Panel Installation (Pics)

Old 03-12-2015, 10:18 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xmontex4
Roger I'll get those diagrams for you.

It's possible but it hits the removable side panels and the main plastic frame of the dash so it would be a pain to modify. It's a big hit if you open your window and stitch your head in while it closes you will see the it pretty clearly. People have put bolts in the metal frame of the dash that hold the plastic frame in but it doesn't look that's good IMO, it's all I what you want to modify though because mine were going to be painted I didn't want them to touch but if they were not getting painted I would have left them.
Cool thanks for the reply. I want to do the 08 dash in the future but that will be last when I do my build. I'm getting the new doors with the new panels so I'll mess with it then but was hoping in the mean time I could modify that panel.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:59 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
No problem if you aren't going to paint them I would just leave them alone from the looks of it it doesn't cause much if any damage to the dash or panels.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:46 AM
Collazofam
New User
Matt any luck with the re-pin of the master window switch diagram. The driver side door panel is the only one I have left to put on. I have not had any luck finding any diagram the web.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:29 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
do you know the wire colors of your master switch? I am trying to find my Cd to run my diagram program however i can take a picture and list the pin out so you can repin yours off of mine. The passenger side is plug and play FYI as well as the rear doors in your Excursion. It's only 2 or three wires that need to be changed on the drivers side master switch.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:40 AM
zukgod
New User
Did either of you guys get this job completed? I would really like to see some pictures if you have the time. I am working on my 01 that had an interior fire from the overhead computer. Put an original dash in and hate it, I would really like to update the entire interior. So any help would be much appreciated. My truck is an extended cab only, your posts are very helpful, it's cool to see people doing the sorts of things I have been wanting to do the whole time I have been rebuilding my truck. Off subject do either of you know what year bed will fit on my truck? I have a utility bed and want to go back to a standard bed, I would love a short bed but I have the long bed frame and am sure I will be stuck with that, but if I could put a newer bed that looks much better in my opinion that would be much better at least. Thanks to anyone for help.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:49 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
I finished my entire interior out of an 08 style, the doors were the easiest part lol, go to my dash swap thread in my sig and if you want more pictures let me know! It's very rewarding let me tell you and the only part i have yet to finish is the wiring for the fuse panel but i plan on doing that in the coming weeks.

As for the bed any style form 99-16 will fit your truck, the new 2017 super duty was redesigned from front to back so that's where it stops now.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:33 PM
4x4pwr
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a suggestion... I would take a drill bit and drill a hole at the end of that cut. This will prevent the panel from splitting/cracking further. Cheap insurance and you could fill the hole with epoxy or some other filler.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM
zukgod
New User
Thanks guys, that will help me getting a bed much easier. Anyone remember what year started the in tailgate step ladder? Can't wait to upgrade the interior.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:41 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 4x4pwr
Just a suggestion... I would take a drill bit and drill a hole at the end of that cut. This will prevent the panel from splitting/cracking further. Cheap insurance and you could fill the hole with epoxy or some other filler.
That's not a bad idea, i ended up swapping my dash as a whole so the panels did not need to be modified once i swapped it. I purchased a new door panel for cheap since i didn't care about color anymore because i am dying them.

Originally Posted by zukgod
Thanks guys, that will help me getting a bed much easier. Anyone remember what year started the in tailgate step ladder? Can't wait to upgrade the interior.
08 and up all had tailgate steps youcan also put an 08+ tailgate on any 99-07 bed if you change teh hinges. that's what i plan to do with mine.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:29 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
I ended up staying with the manual doors which saved me about 600.00 which I’m putting on this spring when I do my build but I put the 2015 panels on my old doors as they are way cooler and they barley even touch.I had to lower the inside door handle about 2 inches but for now with the old dash, I don’t think they look to bad.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:47 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
I still have not done that, did you just notch the center opening more or drill a whole ne hole for it? I know the two mounting screw holes need to be drilled.

Also a note for everyone, the door panels seem to vary from truck to truck and touch on some barely on others and some rub really bad, there is no telling what exactly it will be like until you try it.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:17 PM
vortec 1
Elder User
I still have not done that, did you just notch the center opening more or drill a whole ne hole for it? I know the two mounting screw holes need to be drilled.

Also a note for everyone, the door panels seem to vary from truck to truck and touch on some barely on others and some rub really bad, there is no telling what exactly it will be like until you try it.
I just drilled two new holes and that was it.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:19 PM
vlietracer64
Senior User
Window Switches

I've been reading and prepping for my 08 door panel swap on my 04 f250 and getting everyting together to complete it next week and read where i just have to re-pin the window plug and that is it but the plugs on my 04 and 08 are completely night and day, do i have a different style window switch???? Dosent look like the new ones can handle the current needed to control windows with that large wire on the old one

04 on left
08+ on right that came with doors, passanger door has same style inline 8 pin plug

Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2016, 08:15 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
That's strange i have never seen that are you sure its an 08-14 door panel? only thing i can think of is if the connector changed in 15-16 time-frame. It looks almost exactly like the mirror switch at the same time though.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:29 PM
vlietracer64
Senior User
That's strange i have never seen that are you sure its an 08-14 door panel? only thing i can think of is if the connector changed in 15-16 time-frame. It looks almost exactly like the mirror switch at the same time though.
Window sticker says 2014 F550 REG chassis cab XL

looks like at some point they went to a low amperage wiring must be to a window control modal kinda like the new style headlight switch using all 18 gauge wiring instead of the heave 12 ga

looks like ill be hunting ebay or dealer for the correct switches, from what i under stand passanger side is plug and play and drivers side just has to be repined?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 Door Panel Installation (Pics)