1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Ross is still on the road and having difficulties with his truck dying in rush hour traffic, etc., and a windshield wiper that decided to commit suicide under the wheel of a big truck in the fast lane. So we need to hold our breath until he's home.

Also, Ty had to go down south before returning home. I'd sure like to hear from him as well.

I want you all to realize that I understand the sacrifice all of you made to get here, and I will never forget it. It's the definition of true friends.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:16 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
There might even be another Flatlander Truckfest in the central part of the states!!! BIG Hint Hint
Tell us more. Don't tease.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
Also, Ty had to go down south before returning home. I'd sure like to hear from him as well.
Ty is alive and well. Sorry got wrapped up with things down here. As some of you know one of my coworkers suffered a burst appendix late last week and was hospitalized in Baton Rouge LA. My plans were altered as a result. I have a trailer manufacturing business and my employee was under a load at the time. I had to go down and secure my rig/trailers and complete his deliveries. When you own the business there really is no such thing as "vacation time". While down there I checked on my employee and he is stable but will require 7-10 days of hospitalization. Before departing I was able to pick his wife up at the airport and drop her off at the rental car place. I try to treat my employees as I would friends/family. I made sure they were taken care of before leaving. I am heading to Destin, Florida tomorrow and then I have to back track to Little Rock (another long story). It makes for a long week but having some time off at Doc's makes it better. Thanks for your concern but as always, I am alive.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by raytasch
Tell us more. Don't tease.
Not sure but I believe someone (If not Rob again) will carry on with Truckfest. Just not sure who that might be. Trying to get the MoJo going so we have something to look forward to

Old 09-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by teardropty
Ty is alive and well. Sorry got wrapped up with things down here. As some of you know one of my coworkers suffered a burst appendix late last week and was hospitalized in Baton Rouge LA. My plans were altered as a result. I have a trailer manufacturing business and my employee was under a load at the time. I had to go down and secure my rig/trailers and complete his deliveries. When you own the business there really is no such thing as "vacation time". While down there I checked on my employee and he is stable but will require 7-10 days of hospitalization. Before departing I was able to pick his wife up at the airport and drop her off at the rental car place. I try to treat my employees as I would friends/family. I made sure they were taken care of before leaving. I am heading to Destin, Florida tomorrow and then I have to back track to Little Rock (another long story). It makes for a long week but having some time off at Doc's makes it better. Thanks for your concern but as always, I am alive.
Great to hear from you! And I'm sure your employee and his wife appreciate the help. I hope he recovers without any problems. That's a LOT of driving. I'd say you're really tired. Keep us updated and let us know you're safe out there.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Here you go Shane, took out a few black spot too. I didn't want anything distracting from the view. After we got home and life hit us again I asked my wife if she'd rather be sitting on your front porch, sipping on a cold drink and taking in the view. I think you all know what her answer was.

Hay what happened to my truck and trailer!!!???

Chris we've been married over 25 years, I'm just happy if I can get to the fun parts

Cabin/deer stand?!! That ain't what you were calling it!
I did not want your kids to know that they where building a stab in cabin

Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
tnguynaford
Senior User
Cool video! Thanks Chris.
I have enjoyed all the pics and stories of TS2013.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
Homade, I love your truck more every time I see it... Such a sweet truck. What size tires and wheels do you have on her? Is there some place I can see more pics of her?
Moe, I can build a truck but I still can not post pictures, different one have taken so good pics but this one Reeds 51( Frank ) took when we were out crusing and stopped so I could look at a truck, I really like this pic, Garry

Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
It does look good Gary!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
So when do we start talking about the Christmas truckstock . I know Ty said he would bring the tree , and something was said about lettering my panel with Merry Christmas . Doc said come ahead . The wife wanted to see Doc's place with snow on the hills . So it look like we could get something started .

Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by DR Smith
So when do we start talking about the Christmas truckstock . I know Ty said he would bring the tree , and something was said about lettering my panel with Merry Christmas . Doc said come ahead . The wife wanted to see Doc's place with snow on the hills . So it look like we could get something started .
I dread winter. We have a few pretty snows each year, but, for the most part, it's just cold, rainy, and muddy.

Name:  snow storm.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  14.9 KB

Name:  john in the snow.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  49.2 KB

Old 09-18-2013, 09:41 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=Doc;13543907]I dread winter. We have a few pretty snows each year, but, for the most part, it's just cold, rainy, and muddy.

But Shane at least you don't have to CUT THE GRASS

Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DR Smith
Dave you have a good memory! I always love snow in the mountains during Christmas time but when January 2nd it could all disappear for all I care. Even though imposing on the McDougal family at Christmas would bring a smile to my face, I am sure they are expecting Santa coming down the chimney, not fat old me coming down the driveway! lol I DO HOWEVER, have a special project in mind around the holidays and will be emailing the TS13 folks sometime in mid-November. No Shane, we are not stopping by, just something my mind has been working on. Stay tuned.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Made it home! Haven't taken a thing out of the truck yet, I'm beat after 450 miles of 30-40 mph head and cross winds, never-ending climbing in NM, and babying the truck in traffic. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm guessing rust/scale somewhere (everywhere?) in the fuel system. Tank is sealed, all new fuel lines, two filters, so it may be from a gas station's tanks.

Final mileage tally: 3,241 miles

Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Glad you made it home!

Quick Reply: Truckstock 2013