1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hotel Update Flatlander Truckfest

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Update Flatlander Truckfest

An update on hotel rooms... I've learned I'm competing with some other events so I've reserved 10 rooms (last 10 rooms available) at the hotel closest to Truckfest. I'm hoping to have at least another 10 rooms reserved at another hotel this morning. I'll be eMailing those that have expressed interest in attending this evening with hotel info. If there is anyone else interested in attending please eMail me @ rojakk64@gmail.com.

Last edited by Rojak; 03-08-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Changing title of thread
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Just reserved the other 10 rooms so I now have 20 total rooms reserved. I'll eMail the info to those on my list this evening. Rain/Sleet/Snow here today with potential of 4-6 inches or more of snow today & tomorrow. Let's hope the weather gets better by mid-May.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob, how are things shaping up for Truckfest, I gotta check with Lance Hogan and see what they want to do about rooms. We are going through hisplace so his little girl can ride to your place with us. That way they can drive his truck and the baby can ride with them, I haven't talked to him about spending Saturday night, I'll let you know.
On a side note I have Homade in the Garage here at the house for the winter, Linda and I just came home and she said what is this all over the garage floor, so much stuff piled around the truck that I can't tell wheather it is trans fluid or power steering fluid but whatever it is it doesn't look good, Garry

Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by homade
Rob, how are things shaping up for Truckfest, I gotta check with Lance Hogan and see what they want to do about rooms. We are going through hisplace so his little girl can ride to your place with us. That way they can drive his truck and the baby can ride with them, I haven't talked to him about spending Saturday night, I'll let you know.
On a side note I have Homade in the Garage here at the house for the winter, Linda and I just came home and she said what is this all over the garage floor, so much stuff piled around the truck that I can't tell wheather it is trans fluid or power steering fluid but whatever it is it doesn't look good, Garry
Garry I'll eMail everyone on my contact list tonight with a couple of hotel options. Keep me posted on what the plans are. Please get Homade in to see the doctor right away! Homade needs to be 100% for Truckfest!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
What other event is going on ?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
What other event is going on ?
I was told there's a big soccer tournament. The soccer complex is also on the east side of town and one hotel had already been booked up. I felt lucky to still be able to get 20 rooms on this side of town.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Rojak
I was told there's a big soccer tournament. The soccer complex is also on the east side of town and one hotel had already been booked up. I felt lucky to still be able to get 20 rooms on this side of town.
Can you Give me a email with your address please ? My wife is looking into lodging .

Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Can you Give me a email with your address please ? My wife is looking into lodging .
I just sent an eMail to all on my contact list with the two hotels that I reserved rooms at. Chris I'll contact you with more info. I'll have a flyer/invite done soon that I'll also eMail out with more info on the location. If anyone else is interested in attending please eMail me @ rojakk64@gmail.com

Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I think it's great that you're doing this. Wish I could attend. But then, I wished I could have gone to Truckstock.

Maybe someone will decide to do one (more) locally that I can actually drive Betsy to. (wink, wink, nod, nod)

Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
I think it's great that you're doing this. Wish I could attend. But then, I wished I could have gone to Truckstock.

Maybe someone will decide to do one (more) locally that I can actually drive Betsy to. (wink, wink, nod, nod)
I feel the same way, I would love to go and would have loved to have gone to Truckstock. I also need to finish my truck and actually get it on the road. I don't even know if it will be running by May at the rate I am going. Someday maybe someone will do one down South, I think that there are quite a few members here in Texas.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Why should "someone" else do it?! Put one on! All you have to do is arrange a time and a place. You don't need to put people up, feed them, or anything else. You just need to pick a place that has accomodations. I'm going to try for one near the CO/NM border, hoping to draw folks from Denver and Albuq. In fact I need to get cracking on it...

Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I might be able to pull off something like this in SoCal after I retire. But I haven't got the time or energy to add this to my list.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe

C'mon Joe... we'd love to see you in Central IL in mid-May! As Steppenwolf kinda once sang... you've got yer motor runnin' now head out on the highway...

Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Can I re-title this thread? I've now got two threads going with similar titles...

Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Rojak
Can I re-title this thread? I've now got two threads going with similar titles...
LOL. That's funny. Two almost identical thread titles about the same thing. I thought things got confusing when I did Truckstock, but I think you have me beat with that one. Click on "Edit" in your first post, then click on "Go advanced", and you'll be able to click in the title box at the top and change the name of your thread. But there may be a time limit on that.

Quick Reply: Hotel Update Flatlander Truckfest