1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Photo Bucket tb?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Photo Bucket tb?

Is anybody else having trouble, copying and pasting to an album from Photo Bucket, since they redid there site, besides me?

Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 271 Likes on 219 Posts
I've put off making the switch, and have gotten good at closing their stupid reminders and continuing to use it the old way. I also blasted them in their self serving survey. But I guess they do the switch over in mid March, so I'll have to figure it out between now and then. There must be a nation of 12 years out there that like things to change like this, but I see absolutely no logic in changing something that works just for the sake of change. Just an old guy's opinion. Stu

Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,113 Likes on 820 Posts
Stu, totally agree. I guess the IT guys have prove they're usefulness.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 AM
FP
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just go to the option tab, and click on "download"

Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Is anybody else having trouble, copying and pasting to an album from Photo Bucket, since they redid there site, besides me?
I don't know if you followed the support section of photo bucket but they had 11 or so loooooong pages of complaints with virtually no response. They've since taken down the all the complaints. They seem to be trying to build their site toward social media (facebook...twitter) rather than photo storage and management.

I've been able to navigate the site, but they've made it much more difficult. You can't choose your photo size on upload now. They killed off the view all feature on albums and now have infinite scrolling. Takes a really long time to scroll to a photo at the bottom of an album that contains over 500 photos. The copy feature has gone from a single keystroke to several.

I find it really hard to understand why they would launch a new format with features that seem to be taking steps back. I'm hoping that they sort it out and bring back the features that were so user friendly.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best guess is WINDOWS 8 is the reason- they need to keep their system requirements up to date with the giant of the industry- as most new computers come preloaded with W8 they conform or die. Adobe just went thru a change along with PDF and anyone that tags onto the Windows operating system. It's life in the computer world. If they didn't keep up we would all be using main frames to do anything. Have fun

Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Thanks guys Ill try your sugestions. I spent 4 hours last night trying to copy and paste a pics ID to a FTE album, to no avail. I wont have time to play with it till later, but I will let you guys know the out come. Oh yeah, they have pulled the option to use the old format, if you swapped over. Thank you

Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 613 Likes on 380 Posts
Jim, I don't think you can paste a URL from anywhere into an FTE album. Try uploading it from your computer directly (or first paste it back to your computer from PB, then upload).

Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just gave up on that. Irritating to say the least. I was planning an interesting thread on the truck with pics and stuff, but that ain't gonna happen now.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Jim, I don't think you can paste a URL from anywhere into an FTE album. Try uploading it from your computer directly (or first paste it back to your computer, then upload).
I think your right, im probably thinking of doing it to an atachment. After forgetting P.B., Ive found that all I had to do is resize pics using edit ,resize, and save.
Problem solved ,thank you all for your help.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 PM
greenehoosier
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can no longer see PB pics on this or my other boards using my Kindle Fire.

Using PB for boards has been a sore point for me as we lose a wealth of information when those pictures are deleted. I also cannot see the pics on the PC in my classroom since the pics may violate our TOS, PB is blocked. I am a long-time member of thesamba.com and they encourage users to post and link from the gallery so they can retain the images. There are 45k pages of images on the site...

Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 613 Likes on 380 Posts
Jim, I just realized you are a Supporter, so you can upload directly from your computer. EZ-peezy.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 129 Likes on 56 Posts
I've been using Picasa. You can open the pics there and then paste the URL into FTE (using the button with the mountains and the sun) very easily. The trick with the photo sharing websites is that you have to actually "open" the picture and get the correct URL address to paste here. Plus Picasa is very friendly to Android based smart phones. Even though I'm a Supporter, I can't upload pics directly from my phone like I can with a computer. As a result, downloading them to a computer before posting them on FTE, etc. becomes a bunch of extra steps.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I couldn't make paste work so I tried scotch tape. No luck. I am on my way to the store to get super glue, will let you all know if it works.
Got sidetracked with a cold beverage...

Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My thread above sounded like a bunch of whining, so I'm going to try your method Doc. And, I'll give topmoos idea a try too, maybe I'll also get sidetracked here in abit.

Quick Reply: Photo Bucket tb?