Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AE in Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
koski19
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AE in Nevada

Please add me to the Best of AE. My AE arrived on Saturday from RiffRaff. If you're in need of assistance while in the Reno/Sparks area of Nevada my AE will be available. I'm also ASE certified in Engines and Parts.

Now to start learning the AE on our trucks. I do have a question.

I've installed the software and read the user's guide yesterday. Does the AE bundle come with the sensor parameters or do we take the data the sensors show and then find the specifications in the service manuals?

Any tips about using the AE?

Thanks
Jeff

Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Crashman927
Cross-Country
I've always heard great things about the AE. Its on my to buy list but always wonder if I would really know how to use it. When you figure it out please let us know how user friendly it is. Since you are in my neck of the desert I'd love to see how it works.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by koski19
Please add me to the Best of AE. My AE arrived on Saturday from RiffRaff. If you're in need of assistance while in the Reno/Sparks area of Nevada my AE will be available. I'm also ASE certified in Engines and Parts.

Now to start learning the AE on our trucks. I do have a question.

I've installed the software and read the user's guide yesterday. Does the AE bundle come with the sensor parameters or do we take the data the sensors show and then find the specifications in the service manuals?

Any tips about using the AE?

Thanks
Jeff
Jeff, it gives you the output values of the sensors desired. If you go to Ken (woodnthings) website you'll find pdf's of almost all the sensors (if not all). I'll add you to the BEST map right now. We have to meet up one of these days.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Crashman927
I've always heard great things about the AE. Its on my to buy list but always wonder if I would really know how to use it. When you figure it out please let us know how user friendly it is. Since you are in my neck of the desert I'd love to see how it works.
Welcome neighbor, to FTE ! I'm about 30 miles north of you (just north of Spanish Springs Peak). AE is relatively easy to use...I have had it for about 4 years and once in awhile I have a connection problem with the laptop, but I believe I have solved that problem.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Crashman927
Cross-Country
Thanks for the welcoming. Love the site. Still learning. Thankfully, I don't make a living with computers. I'm just on the outskirts of Spanish Springs. Great to be on the edge of town.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Thanks for the welcoming. Love the site. Still learning. Thankfully, I don't make a living with computers. I'm just on the outskirts of Spanish Springs. Great to be on the edge of town.
That big mountain to the east is Spanish Springs Peak. This is the view from my kitchen window (looking south).

I live on the north side of it. I'm only about 6 miles from you as the crow flies, but as you may know with Nevada being the most mountainous state in the country...there is no straight roads to anywhere (unless you go due north/south). Driving I am about 20 miles away. Let's get Jeff and the three of us meet up sometime...almost anytime is good for me.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Crashman927
Cross-Country
Now that is a nice view Kinda of looks like the views we have at some property we have off of Whiskey Springs Road. Yes I think meeting some local FTE mates would be great. Not sure how to reach each other but let me know. The fact that Jeff is a ASE mechanic would be a great friend to have. Hope to hear back form the both of you. Work calls so you have a great day and keep enjoying that great view.
Lory (kinda like the boy named Sue)

Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
koski19
Senior User
Hey Guys..It's great to find members locally. I too, live in Spanish Springs.
Hey...let's meet at Bully's in Spanish Springs...I have Weds and Friday available....Lunch?

Well, I just finished up installing the FRx lines and turbo today.
Got the truck running, no leaks and hooked up the AE. First test: the KOER cylinder contribution test received P0263; Cylinder 1 injector circuit contribution/balance fault as a result.

Moved on to the Glow Plug Test....OK KOER Test...OK KOEO Test....OK
Injector Buzz Test....OK

I then pulled DTC's:
Gem Mod:
B1840, B1438, B1458..All have to do with washer fluid pump.

Then from the Enhanced Power Train:
P1119
P1690
P0475
P0460
P0470

I haven't yet researched these codes for future repairs.
Looking for any input on these DTC...Thanks....

Jeff

Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 PM
koski19
Senior User
Originally Posted by nlemerise
Jeff, it gives you the output values of the sensors desired. If you go to Ken (woodnthings) website you'll find pdf's of almost all the sensors (if not all). I'll add you to the BEST map right now. We have to meet up one of these days.
Thanks Neal for the info. I'll be checking out the site this evening. Yes, let's get together...

Jeff

Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Jeff, I'd clear the codes and drive it for a few days...then reread for DTC's. I can do Friday for sure at Bully's, let's see what Lory can do.

Here is a link to DTC codes...

Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
koski19
Senior User
Welcome to FTE....Like myself you'll find a wealth of information and support.
I've been around for several years now..Everyone is great!

Jeff

Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM
koski19
Senior User
Jeff, I'd clear the codes and drive it for a few days...then reread for DTC's. I can do Friday for sure at Bully's, let's see what Lory can do.

Here is a link to DTC codes...
Thanks for the link...I've got it booked marked. I have cleared all the codes today as well along with writing them down for alittle research tonight.
Friday is good for me say about 1PM depending on Lory's availability.

Jeff

Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Lory, allow members to send you PM's alright? It is under User CP, Edit Options.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 PM
koski19
Senior User
Lory, allow members to send you PM's alright? It is under User CP, Edit Options.
Where do you find the User CP?

Jeff

Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by koski19
Where do you find the User CP?

Jeff

Right here (left hand side of picture)...

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: AE in Nevada