Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

February Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had problems with gophers.. but we used to have a really big armadillo problem.

We would back the ole Datsun 210 up to the hole with a piece of PVC over the exhaust and into the hole. I would keep it running while dad poured ATF in the carburetor.

Never could flush one out, but they dig themselves holes all over the place so you never know where they are.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
I've got trees blooming too.
Yeah, trees are starting to bud out and bloom around here too, looks like we'll probably get another hard frost and no plums again this year

Old 02-11-2013, 06:12 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We used to have some sort of burrowing critters..... never really saw them. Assumed they were moles. Then we got a cat that hunts and now our yard is completely without critters.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
We had moles in Eldo, the cats and dog used to dig holes trying to catch them They did more damage than the moles.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by mudder460
Well we are putting the house up for sale if you guys know of anyone looking for one in Cabot, 4 bed/2 bath. $144K Time to get the ball rolling!
Not to change the subject..... but can you log on to the site from a DOD computer? I can't get on at work. I can view the site, but when I try to log on I get that stupid USAF "access denied" page.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
We had moles in Eldo, the cats and dog used to dig holes trying to catch them They did more damage than the moles.
Yeah...we can't let the dog chase them, she digs like crazy, but the cat is quite efficient.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:56 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cookie88
Not to change the subject..... but can you log on to the site from a DOD computer? I can't get on at work. I can view the site, but when I try to log on I get that stupid USAF "access denied" page.

Yeah, I have always been able to get on the site from a DOD computer. I am doing it right now! lol

Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Hey, I forgot this until today. Any of you motorcycle guys going to the motorcycle swap meet in Little Rock this weekend? It's at the fair ground both Sat and Sun.
Lynn and I will be there Saturday some time.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by mudder460
Yeah, I have always been able to get on the site from a DOD computer. I am doing it right now! lol
Sucks for me I guess. Used to be able to.... Guess they changed the security settings for the civilians

Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So if your at WalMart at 2130 on Valentine's Day buying chocolate & flowers...does that make you a "thrifty shopper" or a procrastinator? No, I wasn't one of them...though I have been labeled a procrastinator a couple of times. And typical WM, the characters were in force.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Hey, I forgot this until today. Any of you motorcycle guys going to the motorcycle swap meet in Little Rock this weekend? It's at the fair ground both Sat and Sun.
While I'd love to meet another chapter member, the bride & I have a weekend alone set-up for this weekend in Hot Springs. Maybe we should arrange a Get-to-Gether?
Originally Posted by cookie88
Sucks for me I guess. Used to be able to.... Guess they changed the security settings for the civilians
If you didn't look like such a terrorist, you'd be able to surf on a DOD puter.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
If you didn't look like such a terrorist, you'd be able to surf on a DOD puter.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Maybe when the weather warms a bit more, Zack.
Hard to tell right now, my wife, who's been unemployed for around 10 months starts a job in a couple of weeks that may require her to work all weekends. This could put the kibosh on our travel plans for this summer.
I've got a party with another internet group I was planning to ride to in June. Looks like I may be solo. The up side to that is that if I drink a bit too much I won't have to hear about it for the next 10 years. Maybe.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Hogtrapper
Tuned
Since this seems to be a "general" type thread with no specific subject I have an off beat question I'd like to ask. I have a couple of 8N Ford tractors and one of them isn't pulling right, the differential is slipping. I have been told the "banjos" have come loose and are slipping. I can work on the engine and do a little work on the transmission but I have no idea about the differential. I have a book and asap I'm going to tear into it. My question is can anyone fell me what they are talking about when they say the "banjos" have come loose? Thank you in advance for your input.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Hogtrapper
My question is can anyone fell me what they are talking about when they say the "banjos" have come loose? Thank you in advance for your input.
Hmmm..... that's a new one on me. I've worked on several of the older Ford tractors, but don't remember ever having to dig into the differential. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I don't know anything about the 8n's, but I found a breakdown of the Diff, and I can't find any reference to a banjo.

parts for your Ford 8N Differential Assembly With Drive Gear Pinion

Quick Reply: February Chat/All Topic Thread